Average LGV Driver wage

After a quick google several websites are claiming £24,000 p/a is the average wage for LGV Drivers.

Speaking to you, the actual drivers, would you agree?

Yep. That’s about right. Based on roughly £9 per hour 50-60 hours a week.

Is that 24 take home?

£24K gross I’d imagine

Rincewind_:
£24K gross I’d imagine

Agree

Wages will vary in different areas around the country, & variable from company to company, agency to agency etc. You may get fuel bonus & other incentives offered on top of the hourly rate.

I’m on 23.5k but there is a lot of class 2 work round here so wages arent that great.

eagerbeaver:

24 grand is about 460 take home. I can see why the trolls ridicule.

happysack:

eagerbeaver:

24 grand is about 460 take home. I can see why the trolls ridicule.

Indeed.

The trolls ridicule, Happysack, because they don’t have the intelligence to do anything constructive.

Might I suggest that thats excluding any overtime if applicable to you as a driver?

eagerbeaver:
The trolls ridicule, Happysack, because they don’t have the intelligence to do anything constructive.

Shhhh í know this. But it seems to be the way. I thought I’d give them something to chew on.

They could always use my fist.

happysack:

eagerbeaver:

Shhhh í know this. But it seems to be the way. I thought I’d give them something to chew on.

And you two guys, don’t have the intelligence to do anything else, other than, driving a lorry.

Intelligence? - I think the maoster and I were both wetting ourselves with laughter when you completely misinterpreted what I said in another thread…

Well done Einstein! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
Intelligence? - I think the maoster and I were both wetting ourselves with laughter when you completely misinterpreted what I said in another thread…

Remind me.

V40LLY:

Evil8Beezle:

Remind me.

Sorry, I’d rather grind my nuts through a mincer…

Wow…

back on topic, 26-32k round here. that is 7.5 c and ce, theres very little in it. hourly rate is 8-10 per hour. i live on the m1 a42 hub, so theres plenty of competition

jbaz73:
back on topic, 26-32k round here. that is 7.5 c and ce, theres very little in it. hourly rate is 8-10 per hour. i live on the m1 a42 hub, so theres plenty of competition

Surprised you put C1 in that group as well, as I’ve seen C1 jobs paying a couple of quid less and hour. But I guess if you’re seeing £8 for C or C+E in your area, there can’t be that much difference to C1 with the minimum wage being currently set £6.50. Over time I can C1 catching up with C & C+E, as anyone under the age of approx 36 will have to take a test to get a C1 licence. But why they would and not get a standard C licence is beyond me…

Also, for the rates you are quoting those annual figures are a little high, and must include extra hours. Which distorts the real wage and makes it hard to compare with other jobs.