Average age of drivers and years on the job?

truckyboy:
I`M 68 in March, and still working, and doing international work… I started in transport when i was 17 on a van delivering cars engine bits, then a bit bigger, and onto 3.5 T in 1963, and progressed to artics a year later when i was 18, so almost 50 years.

That makes me feel good truckyboy, I can call myself a newbie compared to you :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

44 been busses since 18. class 1 at 19 (restricted 50k range)
national distress at 21 :open_mouth:

went on to recovery in 03.
and multi flop in 06.

Age 61, less than 1 year since gaining C & CE. (11 years on Cat D before that.) I guess it takes all sorts …

67 driving 50 years

19 and in a months time will be a year!

19 driving for 100 years:lol:

22 nearly , driving since 19

59 2 years on 7.5 tonne, 38 years class 1, artics and wagon and drags

41 and passed class 2 in november, before that i was in IT since leaving school at 16

I am 60 years young ,driving buses for 15 years with a bit on tippers and multi-drop in school holidays.I dont think that we are getting enough young folk coming in to replace the older guys who are bowing out.The current cost of training and the rewards just dont stack up IMO.

coming up to 67 next month, passed test in 71, took redundancy in 92 , done another 7 yrs elsewhere and gave up hgv driving for good in 99 so a grand total of 28 yrs. Now semi retired in US working as a vehicle emissions inspector.

27 passed my car test a month after my 17th and been driving for my one and only driving job since I was 18 c1 then c2 at 21 so into my 9th year some times the years have flown by some times they’ve dragged like a ■■■■■.

im 47 and been driving hgvs since 21 so 26 yrs

i am 47 this year been driving since 18 so thats 29 years …■■■■ you get less for a life sentence

Been driving 43 years, 37 years with one firm !

I will be 71 in a few weeks and have been involved in the transport industry one way or another since leaving school at 15 , still driving class 1 all be it on a part time basis , and if I had to would do the same thing all over again .

48 & 26.

I’m twenty one…again :sunglasses:

I’m 35, started on 7.5 ton at age 22, and passed my class 2 and 1 at age 25.

Between 25 and 30 I drove class 1 full time, and since 30 til now I’ve been driving class 1 part time - 2 nights per week on average.

I´m 34 and i´m on the road since 16 years .I started with parcel deliverys on transporter, then i started in the year 2000 with european work on transporters and 7,5 t, than i grow up since 5 years i have my CE licence.