Average age of drivers and years on the job?

Obviously I’m a bit bored. But wondered what the average age of drivers is on here, how long you’ve been at it and any other random facts?

Me,

49 (next month). C+E for nearly 19 years. I have a had a break from driving a couple of times to do stuff abroad.

Twist!

1. Been driving full time 15 years in April, and showing no signs of stopping yet!

54 and 28 years on the road.

36 this year been behide the wheel since 18, love the job hate the ■■■■■■■■ that goes on!

See here for time with licence/ years in job.

and here for age.

Oh dear, sorry. At least I combined the two?

Jwalker78:
hate the ■■■■■■■■ that goes on!

Yes cos that doesn’t happen anywhere else,right? :slight_smile:

Ya know, if nobody ever posted any threads / questions that had ever been posted before… I think this would be a very, very quiet forum…

:unamused:

42 years old, on artics since 21 and 7.5t before that

52 this year been at it sine 21 so 30 years

50 and have been driving them since I passed the test at 17. So too long really. Or long enough to know better maybe?

1. Been driving for 18 years.

Chris1207:
Ya know, if nobody ever posted any threads / questions that had ever been posted before… I think this would be a very, very quiet forum…

:unamused:

Did I put any of these :exclamation: or even these :unamused: ? No, I did not. I merely pointed out a couple of exisiting threads that would go some way to answering the question the OP asked. I would like to think I was being helpful, not sarcastic.

42 at end of week been in thos game 10 yrs , still love it better than being stuck in a factory 10 hrs a day

70 been driving 50 years,and the motors still running!! :grimacing:

57 - did apprenticeship in a garage then tyre fitting till I was 22, o/d ever since … I’m knackered man!

55, (35 in my head :smiley: ) Class1 in 1979 aged 21.

27 years old, almost 10 years in transport and warehousing, 18 months driving hgv’s

I`M 68 in March, and still working, and doing international work… I started in transport when i was 17 on a van delivering cars engine bits, then a bit bigger, and onto 3.5 T in 1963, and progressed to artics a year later when i was 18, so almost 50 years.

36, passed class 1 in 1997, part time from 1998 to 2002 and full time since 2002 (left the army)