Attitude stinks

Got to a job this morning and there was a flatbed hiab waiting to collect a fuel tank. Saw the foreman to see where he wanted his ballast and basically meant the other lorry pulling forward about 20 foot. I asked him if he could pull up so I could get in as the crane was still setting up and I got a tirade of abuse about if he moves he is pulling off the job and he will take as long as it takes. I said to him to chillax and he went off again so I left him to it. Spoke to the bloke I was delivering to and he said top it in front of him. So asked how will he get out his answer was with about 100 shunts or wait until we move it by dumper.
Anyway after little hesitation I fired it up infront of him he was going ballistic. Still cheered me up no need for this bad attitude.

Some drivers constantly have bad days… :astonished:

We all get a bit shirty at times but I’m usually still ok at 8am.

I love it when a plan comes together

And why do some site staff give you abuse for delivering it? One bloke got arsey because I arrived 10 mins before tea break, and told me “tip by the 'king mixer!” I did but not the one in a tight corner of the site, blocked in by vans and blocks (the one he was referring to) but the Hanson mixer washing out at the site entrance. :smiling_imp:
Have tipped muck in the middle of the site too if they try to overload me.
Our sales reps attitude can stink at times; I rang the office once telling the stone chips I was meant to deliver would be the wrong colour. Got politely told I wasn’t a rep and to do the delivery; Got onsite and got customer to look at the load first…It was rejected.

kr79:
his answer was with about 100 shunts or wait until we move it by dumper.
Anyway after little hesitation I fired it up infront of him he was going ballistic. Still cheered me up no need for this bad attitude.

Like it would of done exactly the same just To ■■■■ him off even more :slight_smile:

If someone had told me to “chillax” I may well have verbally abused you aswell!!! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I arrived to my delivery place yesterday and went off to look for someone. The guy in company uniform rushed out off the office, I stopped him and started to ask question “Excuse me…” but he interrupted me and said "whatever the question, the answer is “no”. I told him then “Great. Can you sign that you refuse to take your delivery then”?

He got confused so I told him "My question was to be “I have your urgent delivery, do you want it?”.

It ended all in laugh and he offered me a coffee to apologize :wink:

Can anyone imagine being able to get away with having an attitude like that on a building site a few years ago, the bloke would’ve ended up on his arse :open_mouth:

We all have bad days every now and again, but far too many people have a bad day every day and treat everyone they come into contact with like the bloke you (KR79) describe. They do it because nobody has punched them in the face :open_mouth:

The authorities need to stop getting locking people up and allow you to punch people in the face, it would make the world a better place :laughing:

It’s terrible these days where I work a driver and a bloke in the yard had a set to about something driver was pushing the bloke so the bloke put him on his arse the driver went to the old bill. Breeding a nation of grasses

orys:
I arrived to my delivery place yesterday and went off to look for someone. The guy in company uniform rushed out off the office, I stopped him and started to ask question “Excuse me…” but he interrupted me and said "whatever the question, the answer is “no”. I told him then “Great. Can you sign that you refuse to take your delivery then”?

He got confused so I told him "My question was to be “I have your urgent delivery, do you want it?”.

It ended all in laugh and he offered me a coffee to apologize :wink:

Orys, your English is getting excellent now, that was so easy to read… Off topic but felt it needed to be said :sunglasses:

newmercman:
Can anyone imagine being able to get away with having an attitude like that on a building site a few years ago, the bloke would’ve ended up on his arse :open_mouth:

We all have bad days every now and again, but far too many people have a bad day every day and treat everyone they come into contact with like the bloke you (KR79) describe. They do it because nobody has punched them in the face :open_mouth:

The authorities need to stop getting locking people up and allow you to punch people in the face, it would make the world a better place :laughing:

^^ This 100%… I’m nowhere near the biggest or toughest bloke in the world, the uk, my street or probably even my house, but anyone speaks to me like that, they’re getting a smack, even if they end up kicking my head in, they’d still think twice before speaking to someone else like that as they might lose next time.
We all speak a bit snappy at times, and sometimes tongue in cheek remarks can be taken the wrong way, but some people are just rude and arrogant and need to realise that they’re wrong to be like that, and for most of that type of person, it’s usually a quick tap on the nose.

When i meet people like that, i always try to think that there may be some poor woman who has to look forward to that miserable sod coming home every day.

Hope the milkman/postman/window cleaner etc are getting the fun that misery guts doesn’t deserve. :smiling_imp:

That’s very true I’m usually a glass half full type and I know we all have bad days but some people take the biscuit and if your life is that bad do something about it.

I try not to get shirty with people at jobs as at the end of the day they are customers of my company and thus pay my wages and I represent the company when on site.

I try to do the best I can for the company I work for but still get the impression I’m something on the bottom of their shoe. Maybe if you knew who was involved with who I work for you would understand my drift.

I had to deliver a load of sand to a site one day after fighting my way in to site bearing in mind i was in a artic not an 8 wheeler.I asked the foreman where he wanted it tipped after a load of abuse about bring an artic on site etc etc he said tip it over there by my van pointing to a new Transit with a mixer by the side of it.Ok no probs i said do wanna move the van comes the reply everyone else manages so paperwork signed i back up and tip near 30ton on sand just behind his van and drove off

Some drivers can be their own worst enemies, sometimes on site im asked to make way for a tipper and yes sometimes its an pain but 5 mins and their gone usually so im not too bothered, well i dont want to suffer the consequences mentioned above :blush:

One time i was at a site delivering blocks for the groundworkers, theres a scaffold lorry parked in the way which the driver refused to move “I’ll move when im ready”. Foreman tells me to put them down in front of his wagon, while the driver and his mates had a slanging match with a large number of said groundworkers, i hesitated for a bit but the Foreman just tells me to put them down and he’ll look after the rest.

So im tipping these blocks off while this row is going on, then the scaffold driver decides to try and reverse round the back of the site to get out and promptly gets stuck in the mud up to his axles, the only way he was gonna get out was with a tow from a groundworkers digger, oops :laughing:

If I’m going to be a while tipping/loading then I’ll move if I can unless I’ll have a dozen shunts to get back to where I was. What annoys me is when several delivery lorries are sat waiting and along comes some subbie who thinks because it’s his lorry he can queue jump the rest of us. Kr79 will understand this; Site hold you up allday by loading with a Dinky Toy then want you to go back late to finish the job off.

I drove in to a builders merchants without waiting on the road outside to ask permision to enter,the foreman asks if i had read the sign,by his reaction,i thought i had raped his gran,by the f…ing and blinding,on how i had blocked his yard which i had not,it is like a kindergarden with al the petty in house rules that diifer to every site you go to.
I was told to wear a hard hat while unloading on a tail lift,a hard had will not protect you if you fell off,as most do not have a chin strap,he said i have to in case his boss sees.

HAS anyone been killed for NOT wearing a high viz vest■■?

toby1234abc:
I drove in to a builders merchants without waiting on the road outside to ask permision to enter,the foreman asks if i had read the sign,by his reaction,i thought i had raped his gran,by the f…ing and blinding,on how i had blocked his yard which i had not,it is like a kindergarden with al the petty in house rules that diifer to every site you go to.
I was told to wear a hard hat while unloading on a tail lift,a hard had will not protect you if you fell off,as most do not have a chin strap,he said i have to in case his boss sees.

Sounds like keyline. South street??

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2