Asda Scania doors?

Really sould get a life but has anyone else noticed that all asdas scanias have dents/damage on the drivers door just below the window, must be from a certain loading bay they use or somthing but its a couple of years since i first noticed this and it must cost a few £s to sort so you thhink they would find where this was happening and stop it.

i must b another sad person b cause i know what your on about aswel no idea what it is tho

I’m just as sad and need to get a lif cos I’ve noticed ASDA Scania doors always seem to be covered in grease! I know!

May as well join the newly formed sad club :smiley: cos i too have noticed the dent and the grease on the driver’s door !!!

Ok-to put the sad club out of their misery!!! :smiley:

It’s because we have to park them so close together and when you get out the drivers door,it hits the black plastic of the mirror on the truck parked next to it.

So now you know!

Now you can bore other truckers with this fact!! :smiley: :smiley:

joemaxi:
Ok-to put the sad club out of their misery!!! :smiley:

It’s because we have to park them so close together and when you get out the drivers door,it hits the black plastic of the mirror on the truck parked next to it.

So now you know!

Now you can bore other truckers with this fact!! :smiley: :smiley:

sorry mate, the drivers should be more careful when they get in/out of the cab :unamused:

if they are using that as an excuse, does that mean that the drivers can wilfully damage other parts of company property and use a similar excuse?

Ooooh-somebodys a bit touchy!! :unamused:

I only answered the op’s question!

no mate, i’m not a bit touchy, it just boils my ■■■■ that some people think it is ok to damage vehicles in that manner, then blame the fact that it was “parked too close to the one next to it”

as for the damage being done by hitting the mirror, how wide do they need to open the doors before they hit the mirror if the damage is in the corner above the lock?

or are the trucks parked diagonally?

if that is the case, why not park them the other way so that the driver gets easy access?

mmmmmmmmmh nawty spankey you still hung over :grimacing: :grimacing: you seem to have a bit of a sore head on this and they are the proper misters motors you are defending well in a way u are :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

globby 480:
mmmmmmmmmh nawty spankey you still hung over :grimacing: :grimacing: you seem to have a bit of a sore head on this and they are the proper misters motors you are defending well in a way u are :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

No Globby, you got totally the wrong end of the poooey stick, i am NOT defending in any way, shape or form the pile of ■■■ truck that is Scania, i am having a go at the crap drivers that think it is ok to do this damage and then blame the truck parked next to it.

to me, it makes no difference if the truckl is a Scania, Volvo, Daf or even Iveco, there is no need for this kind of driver abuse to the vehicle

totally agree with you 100% spanky
why not pull the mirror in to get out of the truck !!! oh no thats too hard :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

but leather spanky, they are only supermarket trolley drivers what aint got half a brain between them all!! they are shown what ways to go what times to stop ■■■■■ etc,etc so how can you expect any sence out of them as the saying goes what is the diffrence between a supermarket truck driver and a super market trolley… the trolley does have a mind of its OWN :grimacing:
and how dare you say that word towards the mighty truck of the planet!!! how very dare you, :laughing: :laughing:

lee hawke:
totally agree with you 100% spanky
why not pull the mirror in to get out of the truck !!! oh no thats too hard :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

that will be a extra option wont it on a down hill clap trap kettle boiling racer, :laughing: :laughing: thxs for the number hawkster :wink:

globby 480:
but leather spanky, they are only supermarket trolley drivers what aint got half a brain between them all!! they are shown what ways to go what times to stop [zb] etc,etc so how can you expect any sence out of them as the saying goes what is the diffrence between a supermarket truck driver and a super market trolley… the trolley does have a mind of its OWN :grimacing:
and how dare you say that word towards the mighty truck of the planet!!! how very dare you, :laughing: :laughing:

half a brain?

What kinda stupid statement is that?

How can you generalize people who drive for supermarkets?

Think you need to get a grip mate!

joemaxi:

globby 480:
but leather spanky, they are only supermarket trolley drivers what aint got half a brain between them all!! they are shown what ways to go what times to stop [zb] etc,etc so how can you expect any sence out of them as the saying goes what is the diffrence between a supermarket truck driver and a super market trolley… the trolley does have a mind of its OWN :grimacing:

half a brain?

What kinda stupid statement is that?

How can you generalize people who drive for supermarkets?

Think you need to get a grip mate!

i agree and how can someone who can,t spell insult others by calling them half a brain?

There are always those who take care, but in the end they are fighting a losing battle. It seems with most fleets (trucks,vans or cars) where drivers swap round many don’t give a toss about the way vehicles are treated and if they hit a mirror when they get out so be it. :imp:

We get a similar attitude where I work the truck is no problem as only 2 of us ever get in it, but the Van and mini bus are abused, I keep them clean and fully maintained, but can’t do anything about the way they are driven, our Renault Espace went through brake discs, to much weight and to much late braking from high speed.
Our old van had so many oil leaks, smashed mirror backs and went through tyres at an alarming rate, heaven knows what the new van will be like in a year after the abuse.
The 2 year old VW mini bus has virtually no Syncro in 3rd gear because they force it through the box. It’s not like they are high mileage as they only do 20,000 miles a year. And as for hire cars I’d hate to get one when they’ve finished with it, :unamused: That attitiude to other peoples properties really does [zb] me off.

globby 480:

You’re saying we have half a brain and you can’t even spell sense or difference and what is it to be supermarket or super market, while you pull your mirror in take a look in it matey :smiley:
What is the problem in being shown how to do a job? Are we all really so clever that we know it all ?

ASDADRIVER:
What is the problem in being shown how to do a job? Are we all really so clever that we know it all ?

i worked out of asda at normanton for 3 years and also thinks its a disgrace the state of the cab doors and its not just a little dent here and there they are covered in the things, so it seems the same at every depot. i never used to bang the doors. there was 20 odd bays with a,b,c slots so i always used to park on my own or if next to someone i’d be very careful, being a mere agency driver i didnt want to get blamed for any damage. i find it very had to tolerate any excuse for this practice as ive never seen any other company with this wide scale damage. :open_mouth: :confused: :neutral_face:

jessicas dad:

ASDADRIVER:

i worked out of asda at normanton for 3 years and also thinks its a disgrace the state of the cab doors and its not just a little dent here and there they are covered in the things, so it seems the same at every depot. i never used to bang the doors. there was 20 odd bays with a,b,c slots so i always used to park on my own or if next to someone i’d be very careful, being a mere agency driver i didnt want to get blamed for any damage. i find it very had to tolerate any excuse for this practice as ive never seen any other company with this wide scale damage. :open_mouth: :confused: :neutral_face:

you havent seen ours then j.d,there all 58,09,59,s ,every door has the damage your on about,every corner seems to be smashed,bashed,scratched,every cab seems to have been hit by someone running over the pin,every motor had a cleaning kit put in them ,theyve all been nicked,the insides are a tip, i spent a hour polishing the cab on a bay the other week with my own cleaning stuff,it gleamed, a week later when i had it again it resembled a tip,sanwiches,fruit peeling ,coffee stains all over the place,have a look at the fridges, every ones got damage on them. im amazed stobarts havent thown a real wobbly, they probally will when they send them back and get the bill for damage.

against what ive said above are the company to blame in a way,when they first took over and the new trucks started to arrive they had 2 folks in yard whos job it was to check with you for damage before you left yard and for damage when yo came back to yard, so if there was any new damage it was obviously you,they were done away with[cost maybee,i dont know].
now you fill in a damage sheet before you leave[or you meant too], so what do some do they put a ring round every corner stating damage[ive seen it with my own eyes] or you get the driver who takes the damage sheet with them and fills it in as the day goes by :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,this has been happening for months and months, no one seems to care, some zb damages the truck, fills it in through day and the poor zb before him gets the blame and looses 25 pounds.
the 1 st way they did it there was very little damage,cabs spotless, new system might save a couple of wages but 50% dont seem to give a toss as they know theyll get awaynwith it.
so yes the drivers are to blame but also the company for altering a fool proof system.