Asda buy out.

retailgazette.co.uk/blog/20 … portfolio/

Wincanton, XPO?

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

milesahead:
Wincanton, XPO?

Don’t forget DHL, didn’t take them long did to start asset stripping!!

bald bloke:

milesahead:
Wincanton, XPO?

Don’t forget DHL, didn’t take them long did to start asset stripping!!

How could I forget them?! Of course, could be DHL.

Taken from BBC website.

“A company co-owned by the billionaire Issa brothers who are buying Asda was fined for “appalling” safety breaches, a BBC investigation has found.”

I believe it’s the buildings/land that are being sold and leased back in this deal, an exercise most large companies carry out especially supermarkets.

Sixties boy:
I believe it’s the buildings/land that are being sold and leased back in this deal, an exercise most large companies carry out especially supermarkets.

Correct I think it’s pretty much all of our depots.

Dont think it will be any of the transport players who buy them, they all do what Asda wants to do, lease space. It will be another venture capital investment company based in a tax haven. Possibly with the brothers on the board…

Apparently its purely financial and will not affect the running of the depots or colleagues, erm ok.

Havent even paid the balance or got their names on the boardroom door and they’re selling bits off, I heard George clothing is being touted to go too.
3 billion for George, 1.5 billion for the warehousing land. Makes the rest of the company a steal at 2.3 billion :open_mouth:

edd1974:
Work practises aside they have to take some credit. For getting where they are now must took a lot or hard work and hardship.

To get from 1 petrol station to loads, several motorway services and now ASDA requires a bit more than hard work.

One odd thing I have noticed is every single EG I’ve been to has been exclusively staffed by persons from the Indian subcontinent. Understandable in certain areas, but around here there are very few from that group, but there us not one caucasian person working there day or night. Hursts who run many too have a total mix of people.

Can’t figure out why, although the English language us certainly not a native language. Some struggle to even understand it. Employees taxes are expensive.

Asda have just cancelled all the free shopping buses.Just seen a post from my councillor in Blackwood.

bald bloke:
Oh well looks like I’ll be delivering to convenience stores and garage forecourts before long :cry: bbc.co.uk/news/business-54383131

Can’t see them two brothers keeping hold of them gas volvos they just got in,as they probably can buy diesel at a dirt cheap price as the own they own euro garages.

Rob077:
Can’t see them two brothers keeping hold of them gas volvos they just got in,as they probably can buy diesel at a dirt cheap price as the own they own euro garages.

Those Volvo LNG vehicles are saving thousands per year on fuel - they couldn’t afford to go back to diesel. That’s without considering the carbon saving.