Asda buy out.

OwenMoney:
£ 6.8 billion is not loose change from down the back of the sofa - Financial sites don’t say how it will be funded but cost cutting is to be expected - As per ----- 5,200 garages though will need sandwiches delivering —

Why would they need to cut costs? … they are a huge company with 18b turn over per annum … they have just purchased all the caltex in Australia.

discoman:

OwenMoney:
£ 6.8 billion is not loose change from down the back of the sofa - Financial sites don’t say how it will be funded but cost cutting is to be expected - As per ----- 5,200 garages though will need sandwiches delivering —

Why would they need to cut costs? … they are a huge company with 18b turn over per annum … they have just purchased all the caltex in Australia.

Turnover isn’t profit. What matters in a business is getting a decent profit margin and keeping a tight rein on operating costs.

£ 4 billion debt to Barclays in high yield bonds and leveraged bonds with no details on rate or maturity . That’s a lot of sandwiches or loss of benefits to employees.
Interesting to read that the much celebrated duo - by Sunak - are actually £7.7 billion in debt - run through off shore tax havens in Jersey ,Luxembourg, Caymen islands and Dublin. Paid £55 million in tax over 5 years despite revenues of £37.5 billion. Report from the Mail on Sunday.

OwenMoney:

discoman:

OwenMoney:

Turnover isn’t profit. What matters in a business is getting a decent profit margin and keeping a tight rein on operating costs.

£ 4 billion debt to Barclays in high yield bonds and leveraged bonds with no details on rate or maturity . That’s a lot of sandwiches or loss of benefits to employees.
Interesting to read that the much celebrated duo - by Sunak - are actually £7.7 billion in debt - run through off shore tax havens in Jersey ,Luxembourg, Caymen islands and Dublin. Paid £55 million in tax over 5 years despite revenues of £37.5 billion. Report from the Mail on Sunday.

Ain’t got a pot to ■■■■ in living on borrowed money

Keeping the speed down and also minimising aggressive accelerating and braking keeps the operating costs down for them in fuel savings and less vehicle/brake wear. That’s why companies get telematics installed the likes of microlise etc to keep an eye on drivers for this and pull them in for re training for repeat offending.

OwenMoney:

discoman:

OwenMoney:

So when it all goes ■■■■ up, and HMRC and everyone is looking for what’s owed, the bruveers have disappeared to their parents homeland, as lots do, Also it isn’t their money, so not a. Problems.

They will get a dividend payment as agreed annually by the directors and a bonus depending on the share price.

They have the same exposure as any director of a Limited Company eg. limited to the amount of capital in the company, not what’s in their personal bank account or property holdings.

discoman:

OwenMoney:

The bigger they are, the deeper the cuts, its how it works, save a penny here & there, then duplicate…they will be chasing the 5% margin come what may, anything above, and its bingo…#jobdone

Juddian:

Sixties boy:
I imagine the Spar/Subway/Domino’s are all franchises and as such the switch to Asda branding at EG might require some legal footwork.
I believe other supermarkets have been trialing opening stores at EG so would think Asda would take any new opportunities.

Ironically my local large Asda superstores fuel station is totally unmanned, card only payments at the pump.

Same at our local Asda fuel station, unmanned, though i believe this was at least partly due to a nasty raid by criminals.

Sadly going the same way with almost all tills unmanned in the supermarket itself, which is why i never shop at the place, and have no wish to be ordered around by a modern day Warden Hodges stomping about barking dire covid scam warnings of doom.

That asda at Trafford park?if not there the same
I used go there for my weekly shop.
But about a year ago they decide to rip out all but 3 of.the manned tills.and even then there not always all open

So.now.you have about 10 conveyeor belt self.service tills.

Way of the future I feel amd.covid is just going force it through quicker all going unmanned and cashless.

And I do know Sainsburys were trailling.a store in london that was full unmanned all. Scan your own tills no checkout staff at all

edd1974:

Juddian:

Sixties boy:
I imagine the Spar/Subway/Domino’s are all franchises and as such the switch to Asda branding at EG might require some legal footwork.
I believe other supermarkets have been trialing opening stores at EG so would think Asda would take any new opportunities.

Ironically my local large Asda superstores fuel station is totally unmanned, card only payments at the pump.

Same at our local Asda fuel station, unmanned, though i believe this was at least partly due to a nasty raid by criminals.

Sadly going the same way with almost all tills unmanned in the supermarket itself, which is why i never shop at the place, and have no wish to be ordered around by a modern day Warden Hodges stomping about barking dire covid scam warnings of doom.

That asda at Trafford park?if not there the same
I used go there for my weekly shop.
But about a year ago they decide to rip out all but 3 of.the manned tills.and even then there not always all open

So.now.you have about 10 conveyeor belt self.service tills.

Way of the future I feel amd.covid is just going force it through quicker all going unmanned and cashless.

And I do know Sainsburys were trailling.a store in london that was full unmanned all. Scan your own tills no checkout staff at all

I wonder if they have thought of putting a brush on the bottom of the trollies so you sweep the floor as you shop. Delivery drivers to Asda may be issued with prayer mats and a compass to find the east,. I am still laughing from years ago when stuck in stationary traffic a chap got out of his car and laid his mat next to the car in the road

DickyNick:
Keeping the speed down and also minimising aggressive accelerating and braking keeps the operating costs down for them in fuel savings and less vehicle/brake wear. That’s why companies get telematics installed the likes of microlise etc to keep an eye on drivers for this and pull them in for re training for repeat offending.

Alright Jake

Interesting times

Never shop at Asda myself,i bet they will be asset stripping Asda to rent back to their business to avoid tax.I also wondered why the local Asda has suddenly got an upgraded garage …
This Asda deal is not owned out right by them entirely and they are not billionaires in cash,just other peoples/banks money.Perhaps they will treat their new employees as bad as they apparently treat their garage staff,google the reviews and look at their main companies lol,you can guarantee a lot of the workers will be fresh off the blow up boats from Kent.

It’s Good to see the kids of immigrants working and doing well though.

[quote="Beetlejuice"y.Perhaps they will treat their new employees as bad as they apparently treat their garage staff,google the reviews and look at their main companies lol,you can guarantee a lot of the workers will be fresh off the blow up boats from Kent.

It’s Good to see the kids of immigrants working and doing well though.[/quote]
To be fair they started out with 1 petrol station about 15 years ago to now buying half of asda.
Work practises aside they have to take some credit. For getting where they are now must took a lot or hard work and hardship.

And doubt many white English born people would have the same work ethic and ethos. To start a business like they have.

Saddened me.to say a mojoroty of the white English population now want things on a plate .
As little work as possible for as much pay as they can get

edd1974:
[quote="Beetlejuice"y.Perhaps they will treat their new employees as bad as they apparently treat their garage staff,google the reviews and look at their main companies lol,you can guarantee a lot of the workers will be fresh off the blow up boats from Kent.

It’s Good to see the kids of immigrants working and doing well though.

To be fair they started out with 1 petrol station about 15 years ago to now buying half of asda.
Work practises aside they have to take some credit. For getting where they are now must took a lot or hard work and hardship.

And doubt many white English born people would have the same work ethic and ethos. To start a business like they have.

Saddened me.to say a mojoroty of the white English population now want things on a plate .
As little work as possible for as much pay as they can get
[/quote]
They started 20 odd years ago.
P.s you’re a racist.

The key to their success was introducing franchises like Greggs etc to the forecourts, they were the first ones to do it, and at a time when other operators were retreating saying the future was in supermarkets.
Unbelievable growth and yes the 2 owners were cleaning the toilets and stacking shelves at their first site in brandlesholme rd in bury just 20 years ago, I used to fill up there occasionally.
Good luck to them I say.
I was talking to an old boy who has been with them since the start and he said they will be upgrading bigger asda forecourts to have the same facilities and franchises as their garages, aswell as McDonald’s drive thrus at Asda sites.
They are also trying to buy more motorway sites.

idrive:
The key to their success was introducing franchises like Greggs etc to the forecourts, they were the first ones to do it, and at a time when other operators were retreating saying the future was in supermarkets.
Unbelievable growth and yes the 2 owners were cleaning the toilets and stacking shelves at their first site in brandlesholme rd in bury just 20 years ago, I used to fill up there occasionally.
Good luck to them I say.
I was talking to an old boy who has been with them since the start and he said they will be upgrading bigger asda forecourts to have the same facilities and franchises as their garages, aswell as McDonald’s drive thrus at Asda sites.

I know us lorryists dont pay pump prices but I posted the prices from Duckmanton EG when I was commuting between Derby and Hull and I think their Unleaded was about £1.53 per litre and Diesel was £1.56

idrive:
Good luck to them I say.

Why do people think cleaning toilets is a carp job, as long as you’ve got gloves on, plenty of bleach, crack on.

No different to mucking cows, or pigs out or emptying slurry, or unblocking cesspit runoffs.

Not a happy camp.
ft.com/content/9fc64c00-081 … ca20ce3474

biggriffin:
Not a happy camp.
ft.com/content/9fc64c00-081 … ca20ce3474

KPMG taking over then.
afr.com/companies/professio … 20failures.

News are now reporting there hoping to buy cafe Nero.