Artic conditions

It seems Ive avoid the “blizzard” :unamused:

Runcorn to Glasgow yesterday, and again today, while the “blizzard” hangs around in the south and tomorrow I’m going south when it comes North.

Just done Thirsk and scarborough…but Scarborough was shut,due to snow.
Just letting a pork dinner settle…in york lorry park,before the 2 hour slog home.

When the going gets tough…

Munchkin:

robroy:

Munchkin:
I’m confused, is it better to be in an artic or a rigid?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Duuhh keep up mate :unamused: , the thread says ‘Artic Conditions’ it could be a LOT worse, there could have been ‘Arctic Conditions’, then we’d all be in trouble. :wink: :smiley:

That’s the question I was asking, artic or rigid in arctic conditions?

I realised that, but it was my feeble attempt at a (evidently crap) joke. :neutral_face:
Answer to your question…Rigid every time.

robroy:

Bobtail with all the electronic crap turned off for proper hooligan fun. :wink:

the maoster:

robroy:

Yeh, cool running :sunglasses: , drifting in the drifts. :smiley:

the maoster:

robroy:

Don’t forget diff lock on [emoji2] tractor units make awesome drift machines set up like that, er, allegedly [emoji11]

“Set up”like that couldn’t save me this morning though. On a building site the forks says “yeah mate, loads of room round the back to turn round” so as I drive round I think to myself, mmm, not bad actually. What he didn’t tell me was go off the concrete road and you’re toast [emoji35] Not that I could see the edge between the road and the mud anyway due to the ‘blizzard’. I climbed out my side only to find it to have the consistency of sloppy cow ■■■■!

Lots of swearing and the help of a 20 ton 360 helped me out

Looks like you’ve lost your front no. plate mate.

robroy:

You’re the 3rd person that’s said that!!! Really robroy, I expected better knowledge from a fellow trucker.
Plate on the drop down flap to get to the tow pin? [emoji6]

nomiS36:

robroy:

You’re the 3rd person that’s said that!!! Really robroy, I expected better knowledge from a fellow trucker.
Plate on the drop down flap to get to the tow pin? [emoji6]

Come on Rob , a few of these from you now :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:laughing:

Yeh ok…Down for being towed off ■■
I really need to gain more experience in this driving big truck lorries thing game. :laughing:

dont know what all the fuss is about over there grand falls on a gd day jan

Confession time, I’m on my second Merc since 2013, did not know that the plate came down to reveal the towing eye. :blush: :smiley: …never had call to use it, despite doing farm deliveries.
Maybe been too good to get stuck eh? :sunglasses: :smiley:

Ah well at least I know now if I get stuck in these ‘Artic’ conditions this week. :sunglasses:
Things you learn on Trucknet eh? :smiley:

stevejones:
dont know what all the fuss is about over there grand falls on a gd day jan

Because we don’t get much at all no one can drive in it when it does come

ha yes and dont forget robroy u gonna need a chain for that hook and being a merc prob pull the the pin of and leave u there :slight_smile:

robroy:
Confession time, I’m on my second Merc since 2013, did not know that the plate came down to reveal the towing eye. :blush: :smiley: …never had call to use it, despite doing farm deliveries.
Maybe been too good to get stuck eh? :sunglasses: :smiley:

Ah well at least I know now if I get stuck in these ‘Artic’ conditions this week. :sunglasses:
Things you learn on Trucknet eh? :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Every day is different Rob and each one a learning curve :grimacing: :grimacing:

stevejones:
ha yes and dont forget robroy u gonna need a chain for that hook and being a merc prob pull the the pin of and leave u there :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about me mate, I’ve got a night heater, a tv and a fridge full of scran and beer . :sunglasses:

nice one robroy snds like time for early finish feet up man :slight_smile:

stevejones:
nice one robroy snds like time for early finish feet up man :slight_smile:

Sounds good Steve, if you drive past me while I’m stuck fast with curtains drawn you will hear me singing this without a care in the world.
youtu.be/o2uvtl-1V70
:sunglasses: :laughing: