Artic conditions

It’s just been on the news to only go out if it’s really necessary, due to the BLIZZARDs, I don’t have a shovel, a flask or blanket, I’ve phoned the office, and was told, don’t be trucking stupid, and get on with it. Is this a elf’n’safty point, should I continue,

Worried Kent bound.

You must be crazy to even be thinking of going out in this, your boss must have no regards to your feelings whatsoever. There are various companies around who are currently doing sterling work suing people who hurt your feelings, may I suggest you contact one of these immediately mate. May God guide you safely on your travels.

They’ve been banging on about this “beast from the East” for a week at least on the news, why haven’t you got the most basic provisions?

If you’re not confident going out, don’t let the office bully you into doing so.

maga:
They’ve been banging on about this “beast from the East” for a week at least on the news, why haven’t you got the most basic provisions?

If you’re not confident going out, don’t let the office bully you into doing so.

I think BG’s post was more than a little t.i.c… :smiley:

AndrewG:

maga:

I think BG’s post was more than a little t.i.c… :smiley:

It’s getting harder and harder to tell on here :laughing:

Wow what a trip,nearly one whole inch of snow on the path, bit iffy on dettling hill, but managed it without chaining up, I knew watching all them episode’s of ice road truckers would pay off,.

the maoster:
You must be crazy to even be thinking of going out in this, your boss must have no regards to your feelings whatsoever. There are various companies around who are currently doing sterling work suing people who hurt your feelings, may I suggest you contact one of these immediately mate. May God guide you safely on your travels.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Poor snowflake!!!
Oh, how apt [emoji846]

You drive an artic

Artic conditions

Does this weather only affect artics and not W&Ds or rigids :question: :wink: :laughing:

We know you meant arctic but I like typos :smiley:

About as articulate as the vehicle you arrived in. [emoji14]

Nice covering coming back over the A66 from Penrith to Scotch Corner last night. A1 from Scotch to Ripon down to tracks in lane 1. Went into Lane 2 after Leeming Bar to overtake dawdlers only to find it a bit deeper than I thought and the lorry wouldn’t go over 50 with the accelerator pedal pinned to the floor.

Once down past Dishforth there was hardly anything on the road and on the M62 near Ferrybridge it didn’t look like there had been anything at all, no sign of snow on the road or verges.

What I did find hilarious was all the westbound traffic over Stainmore and from Appleby to Penrith gently tiptoeing along as they thought it was bad but apparently it can’t have been that bad given they were all following each other with less than a lorry length between them.

biggriffin:
Wow what a trip,nearly one whole inch of snow on the path, bit iffy on dettling hill, but managed it without chaining up, I knew watching all them episode’s of ice road truckers would pay off,.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

id have thought the adverse conditions would have been a good enough excuse to park up in the layby in case you needed resuscitating .

that will be a …wwwooooossshhhh to some and not to others :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

sometimes i cannot believe what i read on here, October the 1st the winter kit came out regardless of the weather or what anyone else said, i have done most driving jobs as in tramping, daily trips, or a quick just in time, its up to you if you continue when weather intervenes not a pointy shiny shoes, but if you have the kit for winter what difference does it make, just a rucksack with warm clothes some thing to eat and a fold up shovel, its a different thing if you cannot get out of the yard but you still might need the kit to get home to mum.

M20 in Kent looks fine tbh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lappland life 116.JPGCan’t see the problem,its a Beautiful day for driving.

xichrisxi:
M20 in Kent looks fine tbh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was alright when I left it,. Some pointy shoe, on his way to work,started that que,

Well I’m off today so missing it all. :sunglasses:
Back in tomorrow :cry: …What’s the sp on Devon area for next few days?

So…Should I ring in sick, and sit in a corner trembling with fear? :open_mouth:
… Or carry on, being a Big fearless Trucker type :sunglasses: (and pretend to be like some of you Butch manly type chaps on here. :laughing:)

I’m confused, is it better to be in an artic or a rigid?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:

Duuhh keep up mate :unamused: , the thread says ‘Artic Conditions’ it could be a LOT worse, there could have been ‘Arctic Conditions’, then we’d all be in trouble. :wink: :smiley:

robroy:

Munchkin:

Duuhh keep up mate :unamused: , the thread says ‘Artic Conditions’ it could be a LOT worse, there could have been ‘Arctic Conditions’, then we’d all be in trouble. :wink: :smiley:

That’s the question I was asking, artic or rigid in arctic conditions?