Army drivers have been put on standby

Yorkielad:
The head honcho at Premier Foods asked the government to consider putting Army personal behind the wheel to help distribute food supplies on the 2nd of July as food shortages could hit……

Premier Foods the company that uses XPO for its logistics……
XPO the company that will pull drivers and vehicles off contracts to cover other contracts…your food ingredients ain’t getting delivered mate because 10 load of plasterboard needs running down south :unamused:

Got no sympathy for XPO.Where they lock your airline after uncoupling and still take your keys

Yes

Yorkielad:
Would you believe me if I told you they have been running the Premier Food guys up solo from Worksop to Normanton to pull the beer on the XPO/GXO/K&N job :laughing:

It doesn’t surprise me at all, and to complete the circle they where even running the K&N guys down to Redhouse to pull B&Q trunk loads to Branston, Swindon and ferry trailers up to Heysham docks

Just thinking about this sudden driver shortage, can you remember the signs on Rothersthorpe Services? yes, it is that long ago that there was a driver shortage, heads in sand and singing nah nah nah has brought us up to date.

Grumpy_old_[zb]
er:

DCPCFML:
Bring in the army? Sure, go ahead. The problem will just get a lot worse with them clowns running things.

Never served have you!
The armed forces are one of the reasons that you’re able to post your views on the internet you [zb] ungrateful [zb].

PMSL!

Grumpy_old_[zb]
er:
You’re type make me sick, I dare you here and now to walk up to any serving soldier and call him a clown.

The word you’re looking for is “your”. Thick [zb]. :unamused:

viewtopic.php?p=2770138#p2770138
viewtopic.php?p=2770259#p2770259

There was me thinking the Army already had a load of their number “entering Civvi Street” - now working for outfits like the NHS, Bidvest, and the other produce collectors around the UK?

Either way, there is a finite number of drivers left to be enticed back to full time employment…

All this stuff about “Foreign preferential interest” is more about convincing EEs already here to stay rather than get any more of their mates over here for the future, defying Brexit and the purpose of voting thereof as it is…

It will take some months to swing such policies into full force as well…

This means that the current uplift we are seeing on agency rates - won’t last unless drivers refuse to re-join the inevitable re-race to the bottom that begins as the current “shortage” unwinds, likely January 2022…

DCPCFML:
The problem will just get a lot worse with them clowns running things.

The word you are looking for is ‘‘those’’ :laughing:

shullbit:

DCPCFML:

It’s called slang.

WheelsofCardiff:
Got no sympathy for XPO.Where they lock your airline after uncoupling and still take your keys

Which is a direct result of drivers pulling off bays on red lights and possibly someone on the loading dock getting injured in the past. They no doubt tried just taking keys off drivers until some clever arse who handed in a random set instead of the truck keys went and pulled off on a red light so now it’s red line locks.

DCPCFML:

shullbit:

DCPCFML:

It’s called slang.

No it’s called bad grammar, which is exactly what you accused GOT of ironically. :bulb:

Stones/glass houses.
Pot/kettle.
You’re welcome.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

DCPCFML:
Bring in the army? Sure, go ahead. The problem will just get a lot worse with them clowns running things.

Never served have you!

I’m ex-REME vehicle mechanic with stories about what squaddies did to vehicles that had to be seen to be believed. I both did my driver training at ASMT Leconfield and still live within 10 miles of it with a friend of mine an instructor there. They can’t drive for toffee. When they’re pottering around the county doing their familiarisation, loaded vehicle, convoy and night driving they’re holding everyone up crawling around at 30 MPH weeks after they passed their actual driving test. I remember doing my FAM training and coming to a small hill coming out of a village when loaded and automatically dropping down a gear to get up the hill and the trainer commenting that I was the only person who ever had and they all try doing it without a gear change because nobody told them to. That’s the kind of mentality you’re dealing with. What you’re taught by the forces is of absolutely no use in civvy street and you can spot someone who has just come out of the forces and started driving for a living by the way they do stuff. Even when they’ve been doing it for ages unless they’re in RLC and drive full time they can’t reverse on a loading bay to save their lives and even then thats only in a rigid. Most of them don’t even know how to couple up to or reverse an artic trailer because they spend all their careers pulling drawbar or normal trailers. By the time they finally make it on the bay the clutch will have probably burned out. One thought that regularly goes through my mind is that the war will probably be over before they ever turn up with what they were supposed to be delivering.

The armed forces are one of the reasons that you’re able to post your views on the internet you [zb] ungrateful [zb].

No they’re not. China has internet access and is a communist state run by the communist party, Belarus has internet access and that’s run by a dictator, Iran has internet access and that’s run by a bunch of dictatorial nutters. Even lawless countries like Somalia and Sudan have internet access.

robroy:

DCPCFML:

shullbit:

DCPCFML:

It’s called slang.

No it’s called bad grammar, which is exactly what you accused GOT of ironically. :bulb:

Stones/glass houses.
Pot/kettle.
You’re welcome.

My error was down to predictive text, his was down to being a thick ■■■■■

^^^^^^
You said that, I didn’t :laughing:

Conor:

WheelsofCardiff:

Which is a direct result of drivers pulling off bays on red lights and possibly someone on the loading dock getting injured in the past. They no doubt tried just taking keys off drivers until some clever arse who handed in a random set instead of the truck keys went and pulled off on a red light so now it’s red line locks.

It’s way over the top at Tamworth though tbf,Trailer on bay,uncouple,park unit outside office,hand keys in and get a vibrating thing that lights up when your tipped…
I went on bay 27 and she gave me the vibration pad for bay 16 and said it doesn’t matter■■?

Be nice if the army boys stood by us for once - I remember them boosting numbers for the woodentops during the miners strike. They enjoyed putting the boot in those lads!

Conor:

WheelsofCardiff:

It’s when they take your keys after you’ve dropped the trailer entirely - I get upset…

I wanted to run down the chippy in the solo cab during the 3+ hours I’m gonna be hanging around that yard! :frowning:

Testing posting rights.Please ignore.

The first question that springs to my mind is if there was a shortage of labor in the say construction trade would they mobilize the army to work as (presumably unpaid as they already get paid by the gov’t) laborers on private housing developments?

ETS:
The first question that springs to my mind is if there was a shortage of labor in the say construction trade would they mobilize the army to work as (presumably unpaid as they already get paid by the gov’t) laborers on private housing developments?

Please tell me this is not a serious question?
If it is, think about it after you’ve sobered up.

Yorkielad:

Conor:

WheelsofCardiff:

It’s way over the top at Tamworth though tbf,Trailer on bay,uncouple,park unit outside office,hand keys in and get a vibrating thing that lights up when your tipped…
I went on bay 27 and she gave me the vibration pad for bay 16 and said it doesn’t matter■■?

Sounds like you fellas haven’t enjoyed the Amazon-Experience :open_mouth: A whole different level of Draco.