Are you wearing your seatbelt properly?

I’ve just had a NOP delivered to my manager,they want to know who was driving the truck.I must have been photographed somewhere.
Just waiting for the fine now,or hopefully a seatbelt awareness course.
I had it under my arm instead of over my shoulder,that’s classed as not wearing it

Yep.

Just out of interest…why would you do that? :neutral_face:

You’ll probably get both the fine and the course, it’s the money for the fine they’re interested in like everything else today, but they have to pay lip service to make it look as if they are concerned by putting you on a course, although in reality they won’t give a ■■■■.
That just about sums up every road related campaign in a nutshell.

I do it because I find it uncomfortable over my shoulder.Ill just have to get used to it from now on.
There’s a lesson here though.You never know when you are being filmed

Definitely a case for making the belts more comfortable…jet pilot stylee :angry: …bit more padding would easily resolve this issue, there’s a large number of drivers who prefer the ‘over the shoulder’ approach. Yes there’s attatchments you can buy from Halfords etc but tend to be a tad ■■■■■■■■■■ in my experience,constantly sliding down and twisting. Annoying on longer hauls.

Get a…

Seat belt cover.

duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=seat+b … &ia=images

I had one in the Scania I drove because it cut in badly. The cover stopped it.

I’ve never had a problem with any other truck.

yourhavingalarf:
Get a…

Seat belt cover.

Stop.wearimg out t shirt shoulders too

Sploom:
I’ve just had a NOP delivered to my manager,they want to know who was driving the truck.I must have been photographed somewhere.
I had it under my arm instead of over my shoulder,that’s classed as not wearing it

Are you some kind of mental person? If it’s under your arm, you’re in an accident and the pre-tensioners fire it’ll rip your arm out of your shoulder so you could be looking at major damage to the joint and tendons.

What a prick. Should sack your stupid arse but unfortunately it appears even the most incompetent licence holders amongst us are able to get or keep employment at the moment.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
Get a…

Seat belt cover.

Not an over the shoulder fan miself but some of those do look rather nifty and hopefully better adapted on the velcro side of fixing in place which is irksome tbh.

Thanks for the replies,apart from the rude and disrespectful ones.

Conor:
If it’s under your arm, you’re in an accident and the pre-tensioners fire it’ll rip your arm out of your shoulder so you could be looking at major damage to the joint and tendons.

Wow! It’s a seatbelt, not an ejector seat from an F15 you cabbage! If the pre tensioner is that powerful then what on earth do you think it would do to your collarbone, sternum and lungs when worn correctly in an accident?

By the end of the week my shoulder aches with the constant pulling of the belt, will look into a cover or sleeve of some sort.

Juddian:
By the end of the week my shoulder aches with the constant pulling of the belt, will look into a cover or sleeve of some sort.

My right collarbone is plated and I’ve noticed that only with the MAN after about three hours of non stop driving it aches like buggery. My remedy is to push the belt across over my right shoulder for about 30 seconds. That seems to fix it.

Is this really an issue for that many people? Or are you bigger or smaller than average build/height??

Six foot four and 15 stone. Not sure if that’s average or not.

I thought it was just me that had this problem with the belt cutting into my neck. I have adjusted my seat and it is fine now. Plagued me for months before I did this simple thing.

Conor:

Sploom:

Are you some kind of mental person? If it’s under your arm, you’re in an accident and the pre-tensioners fire it’ll rip your arm out of your shoulder so you could be looking at major damage to the joint and tendons.

What a prick. Should sack your stupid arse but unfortunately it appears even the most incompetent licence holders amongst us are able to get or keep employment at the moment.

don’t hold back, tell him what you think

Mine cuts in my collar bone after a couple of hours and I start doing the Bobby Ball impression

Isn’t the height of the top end of the belt adjustable? We’ve got a 2001 Mitsubishi and that has an adjustment!

I have a Volvo FH and the seatbelt rubs against my neck. I shall get one of these to ease the rubbing.