Are you serious?

Just seen this coming down the M6 , would your really call your company this ? Certainly made me chuckle :smiley:

largebloke1969:
Just seen this coming down the M6 , would your really call your company this ? Certainly made me chuckle :smiley:

It has had the desired effect, you have proved that by your post, so how many more will notice it.
Good advertising technique to get your co. noticed I reckon.

Yep know exactly what your saying and agree, just not the sort of name Iā€™d fancy driving around advertising :open_mouth:

I think thatā€™s the wind turbine transport side of Give Svaergods heavy haulage. They are a Danish outfit but have a yard in Uddingston

robroy:

largebloke1969:

It has had the desired effect, you have proved that by your post, so how many more will notice it.
Good advertising technique to get your co. noticed I reckon.

This. Another example is Bumble Hole Eggs! Once seen never forgotten

Itā€™s just like the vans you see knocking about with ā€˜Fussey Pillingā€™. Never mind double, I had to do a treble take at that!

Until the middle of last year we were called ISIS. Now renamed and fleet livery changed to OPEX (OPerational EXcellence).

Wiretwister:
Until the middle of last year we were called ISIS. Now renamed and fleet livery changed to OPEX (OPerational EXcellence).

Hadnā€™t noticed that. Guessing the drivers got fed up with the jokes about bombs in the trailers, would not have been the cheapest thing to rebrand from no fault of the owners.

mrginge:

Wiretwister:

Hadnā€™t noticed that. Guessing the drivers got fed up with the jokes about bombs in the trailers, would not have been the cheapest thing to rebrand from no fault of the owners.

Itā€™s barely funny the first time but after a while itā€™s just boring. Same with the the folks who wanted photos.

Reminds me of the guy in the US who sold his pickup to a dealer then photos of it being driven by ISIS with his company livery on surfaced on the net, and he got a whole lot of hell from idiots who seemed to think he sold it to Bagdhadi himselfā€¦

Good advertising i reckon.
Last week around the Norwich area was a van with NDB Autos emblazoned across the sides, obviously made anyone look twice seeing as the font of the D looked like an Oā€¦

Wiretwister:

mrginge:

Wiretwister:

Itā€™s barely funny the first time but after a while itā€™s just boring. Same with the the folks who wanted photos.

Long long changed from PLM to ISIS if I remember .

I havenā€™t seen it for some years, but there was a large boxvan, might have been a pantechnicon, about with the signing in massive letters on the side of the body.

ā€˜ā€˜Humpers we hump anything anytimeā€™ā€™

Was still chortling over that hours later, is it still about does anyone know?

bald bloke:

Wiretwister:

Never knew the company as PLM but Iā€™ll take your word for that. :smiley: :smiley:

Wiretwister:

bald bloke:

Wiretwister:

Never knew the company as PLM but Iā€™ll take your word for that. :smiley: :smiley:

Think there was some kind of buy out about 7 or 8 yrs ago roughly .

Some of the sewage/cess tankers are funny. Something like ā€œWe take ā– ā– ā– ā–  so you donā€™t have toā€ or words to that effect :laughing: :laughing:

bazza123:
Some of the sewage/cess tankers are funny. Something like ā€œWe take [zb] so you donā€™t have toā€ or words to that effect :laughing: :laughing:

Thereā€™s a company knocking about on their tanks it says The last link in the food chain, always makes me laugh :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley:

bald bloke:

Wiretwister:

bald bloke:

Wiretwister:

Think there was some kind of buy out about 7 or 8 yrs ago roughly .

Was PLM then Isis now Opex
Never gone bust just name changes

Changed to Isis after Pete and Geoff bought pay out the business
The understandable changed from Isis
Cost them Ā£000ā€™s to rebrand I heard

Try rocking up at a place with 'Savilles ā€™ on the truck and paper workā€¦

In the end I used to say that my name wasnā€™t Jimmy, but if they were old enough to bleedā€¦

Tended to quiet the atmosphere a bit. Especially if you donā€™t laugh. .

the nodding donkey:
Try rocking up at a place with 'Savilles ā€™ on the truck and paper workā€¦

In the end I used to say that my name wasnā€™t Jimmy, but if they were old enough to bleedā€¦

Tended to quiet the atmosphere a bit. Especially if you donā€™t laugh. .

Did you hear a bell tolling in the distance and tumbleweed blowing past in the howling wind, with the grim reaper standing in the background. :smiley: