Are you paid Weekly or Monthly?

Simple question, are you paid weekly or monthly?

Me, I`m paid monthly, and have been for over 10 years now, in my last three jobs.

I prefer it that way, because all of my outgoings are monthly too. Plus, the bank seem to regard me as being more creditworthy.

But what about you?

Vince

Weekly,wouldn’t have it any other way.Far too many wages departments make too many mistakes and take too long to rectify them.I went for an interview once and when we got to the money he told me it was monthly.No thanks said I,the guy was astounded.

“Do you mean you’re turning the job down because it’s monthly paid?”

“Yes”

“Well we could pay you weekly,for a few weeks.”

“And then?”

“Well then you’d have to go monthly”

“No thanks” .

Paid weekly, straight into the bank every thursday morning, and if its not there, I dont go to work till it is !!!. Having said that, It’s always there.

been paid monthly for the past 20 years.it is a pain sometimes but overall it is better as vince said my outgoing’s are monthly and it works out for me. :wink:

I used to get paid monthly at my last job,but after I left,they went onto weekly pay because of the ■■■■ ups the wages department made,and the fact you could eventually lose track of what was owed to you.

In saying that,my current job is weekly,and they do get it wrong occasionally.

The only trouble with 4 weekly pay in my opinion,is there tends to be too much month at the end of the money. :laughing:

Ken.

weekly cash in a brown envelope best way :sunglasses:

simon

oh and it never hurt my credit rating if you manage it properly :wink:

much prefer weekly,have tried monthly problem is trying to keep on top of payment shortages.

Weekly.
I prefer it that way. As mentioned previously, any errors can be brought to the company’s attention (and corrected) straight away.
Also, my money can be sat in my bank account each week throughout the month earning me a little bit of interest on top. If I was only paid monthly, for up to 3 weeks in any month my money would be sat in my employers bank account earning them a little bit of interest on top.(Or a lot of interest on top, depending how many staff they have on monthly pay. :wink: )

I’m on agency now so it’s weekly. Before I always had monthly pay and never thought anything of it, but I much prefer weekly.

Weekly, very weakly :laughing:

Beat me to it Alikat :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: @ Alli :laughing:

I get paid weekly, by bank transfer at midnight every thursday, credit ratings here are rubbish :exclamation: there are 3 different agencies and all say different things about you :exclamation: we are going though buying another house, one bank checked my rating and said ‘Maybe, …an $80,0000 mortgage’ the next bank used a different credit agency and said ‘Yes ! a $125,000 mortgage’.

Back there my last job was monthly and it took a whole month to get any errors rectified :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: there were shortages every month :angry:

monthly, was paid monthly when i worked in an office but the drivers were weekly.
where i now work i used to be paid fortnightly but now paid monthly.
i really don’t care when i get paid as long as i get paid when i am supposed to and the right amount.

We actually get paid three times a month.
We get two lots paid in from our basic salary and then our overtime and expenses.
It’s handy really,stops me from going overdrawn :unamused: :unamused:

weekly paid into the bank wednesday ready for the misses to withdraw it thursday morning :cry:

tryed monthly and like many if there was a problem it took ages to rectify it

jon

Other. I pay myself whenever I need money, which usually works out to daily. :wink: :smiley:

weekly less to lose when the company goes pop

OI OI vince me old mucker!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you still haven’t sent me your new number mate :wink: …anyways on the subject of wages, weekly every friday morning its in the bank which i prefer as all my other jobs have been monthly…at least with weekly pay money is always available mate :wink: :wink:

I’m on weekly, couldn’t cope with monthly. Was on monthly a few years ago and it crippled me as well as cost me extra, paying some bills by credit card, trying to catch up etc.
If you are on monthly, you are loaning your company money, for no charge or gain.

Pay systems back there are much fairer :exclamation: This has nothing to do wit trucking bit my first job here was selling cars for the area’s largest Ford dealer, they use what is know as a ‘Draw system’ if you don’t sell a car one week you get a basic wage next week, but this is only a loan :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: so if you go a few weeks without selling a car you owe them a lot of money, I once got 4 weeks without a sale then sold half a dozen cars, the following week i got a basic because I still owed them money (or so they said) I quit on the spot :laughing: