Are we all going to end up with these eco cruise controls

I don’t like these eco controls because if I overtake a truck and then it starts slowing down,he thinks I’m doing it on purpose.I thought it was just Scanias ,but I had Merc the other day,and that had a similar system.
I just like to stick to 56mph.

You are allowed to intervene with the loud pedal mate.

I know but that’s a pain.

Sploom:

WTF ! You have a mind of your own and control over your right foot use it !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sploom:

Its a pain putting your foot down?.Come on.Your not serious?.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If your worried about your plobbers score, for young pointy shoes, set cruise at 30mph, then flat to the mat, with ya boot,.

Computer still says cruise engaged and your % might even go up.

Sploom:
I thought it was just Scanias ,but I had Merc the other day,and that had a similar system.

Depending on what your fleet operator has specced you may be able to over ride all this.

On the Merc you have 3 modes. Auto, Auto Economy and Manual. If your company will allow you to set it to basic Auto mode you can set the cruise to -0 and +4 when cruising at 90km/h. This will prevent you dropping under 90km/h and will allow the maximum over run at top speed. In Eco mode the minimum is -3. That’s only 2mph so not too much speed to lose.

My Scania is fixed in eco mode and drops 6mph at every crest of a hill. I just knock it straight off with the cruise resume button.

Yes,we can’t overuse it either.I guess it’s something we’re just going have to live with

Sploom:
I don’t like these eco controls because if I overtake a truck and then it starts slowing down,he thinks I’m doing it on purpose.I thought it was just Scanias ,but I had Merc the other day,and that had a similar system.

put a large sign on the rear apologising to other drivers for not wanting to be arsed with having to press the pedals - I agree it’s a bit of a liberty expecting drivers to take their feet off the dash when they have just got themselves all comfortable.

Why bother even using cruise control? Just drive ordinarily. Problem solved.

Near the crest of a hill when I start to overtake you… do you accelerate again and keep me in the outside lane?
NB. The answer “it’s not me accelerating, it’s the truck” is NOT an acceptable one.
You are driving the vehicle not the computer.
If you don’t accelerate when I’m overtaking you, then you won’t be offended at all by this post, I hope.
Edit. Apart from wanting to keep average speed up I want to keep a safe distance from you and also not ruin My fuel economy by decelerating and accelerating unnecessarily.

Ed
Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

ezydriver:

Because if you use something like microlise to get a fuel bonus.The cc is all linked into it.

biggriffin:
If your worried about your plobbers score, for young pointy shoes, set cruise at 30mph, then flat to the mat, with ya boot,.

Computer still says cruise engaged and your % might even go up.

Not with Microlise - it stops registering CC usage when the pedal is pressed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Near the crest of a hill when I start to overtake you… do you accelerate again and keep me in the outside lane?
NB. The answer “it’s not me accelerating, it’s the truck” is NOT an acceptable one.
You are driving the vehicle not the computer.
If you don’t accelerate when I’m overtaking you, then you won’t be offended at all by this post, I hope.
Edit. Apart from wanting to keep average speed up I want to keep a safe distance from you and also not ruin My fuel economy by decelerating and accelerating unnecessarily.

Ed
It’s rare to find a driver like the one you describe.If I’m overtaking a lorry,he always accelerates with the gravity and keeps me in the middle lane

Just turn eco roll off.

78mph today, fully freighted in neutral on the A34 rollercoaster, not contributing to the thread just showing off really.

The truck who I hung out to dry when he bottled it at 59 was no where in site.

Dipper_Dave:
78mph today, fully freighted in neutral on the A34 rollercoaster, not contributing to the thread just showing off really.

I’ll bet the tassels on your curtains were swinging wildly!

Franglais:

Dipper_Dave:

I’ll bet the tassels on your curtains were swinging wildly!

Not to mention the ones on me undercrackers, I was well puckered up.

Dipper_Dave:

Did ya not see the tang behind you, trying to get by,.

daftvader:

ezydriver:

Because if you use something like microlise to get a fuel bonus.The cc is all linked into it.

A good driver can achieve A without cruise control, and also by using gears manually :unamused:

Sigh, I dunno, the modern driver is a lost cause.