Are we all going to end up with these eco cruise controls

When it slows me down towards the top of the hill, once it starts speeding up again on the way down I only go up to the speed I was already at before it kicked in then I hold it there. That way even though yes I’ve sped up with someone overtaking I’ve only gone to the speed I was already at :smiley:

Then on top of that if the overtaking truck is then taking ages to get past I slow down a bit more, allow them past, then flash them in.

ezydriver:
A good driver can achieve A without cruise control, and also by using gears manually :unamused:

Sigh, I dunno, the modern driver is a lost cause.

You’ll not achieve an “A” rating on our Microlise setup - we get separate ratings (A to G) for CC usage, over-run, harsh braking, over-speed, over-revving, idling and possibly something else that I can’t remember right now. Get straight A’s across the board and you’ll naturally get an “A” overall. If you don’t use CC at all you’ll get a “G” for that item, which will drop your overall score to a “B” at best

biggriffin:

Dipper_Dave:
78mph today, fully freighted in neutral on the A34 rollercoaster, not contributing to the thread just showing off really.

The truck who I hung out to dry when he bottled it at 59 was no where in site.

Did ya not see the tang behind you, trying to get by,.

Wasn’t no ordinary Tang,

It was Dieseldog999!!![emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

ezydriver:

daftvader:

ezydriver:
Why bother even using cruise control? Just drive ordinarily. Problem solved.

Because if you use something like microlise to get a fuel bonus.The cc is all linked into it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A good driver can achieve A without cruise control, and also by using gears manually :unamused:

Unfortunately i’m not a modern day driver.Having 29yrs under my belt.But that is how it is with the microlise system.The cc and a few other things are all linked into it.So it has to be used.

daftvader:

ezydriver:

daftvader:

ezydriver:
Why bother even using cruise control? Just drive ordinarily. Problem solved.

Because if you use something like microlise to get a fuel bonus.The cc is all linked into it.

Unfortunately i’m not a modern day driver.Having 29yrs under my belt.But that is how it is with the microlise system.The cc and a few other things are all linked into it.So it has to be used.

I’ve worked for both of your employers and they both use the same system :wink:

And both employ pointy shoe wearing heroes too :unamused:

eagerbeaver:
I’ve worked for both of your employers and they both use the same system :wink:

And both employ pointy shoe wearing heroes too :unamused:

Well I never use cc and I mostly get A every week.

Bluey Circles:

Sploom:
I don’t like these eco controls because if I overtake a truck and then it starts slowing down,he thinks I’m doing it on purpose.I thought it was just Scanias ,but I had Merc the other day,and that had a similar system.
I just like to stick to 56mph.

put a large sign on the rear apologising to other drivers for not wanting to be arsed with having to press the pedals - I agree it’s a bit of a liberty expecting drivers to take their feet off the dash when they have just got themselves all comfortable.

I laughed when I seen your post.
I don’t mind pressing the pedal but sometimes I forget and the truck has already slowed to 50

I’ve been driving Scania’s with eco roll day in day out for years now, when i feel it kick in my foot presses the accelerator to override it without me even thinking about it.

It’s an ok idea, I just think it slows you down too much. We’re limited to 52 anyway, if you let eco roll do it’s thing you can be down to 45 towards the crest of a hill, just causes unnecessary overtaking so no good on our busy roads.

rob22888:
I’ve been driving Scania’s with eco roll day in day out for years now, when i feel it kick in my foot presses the accelerator to override it without me even thinking about it.

It’s an ok idea, I just think it slows you down too much. We’re limited to 52 anyway, if you let eco roll do it’s thing you can be down to 45 towards the crest of a hill, just causes unnecessary overtaking so no good on our busy roads.

Do some of these devices save fuel on one vehicle, but if others are following on ACC cause them to slow too early and burn more?
Genuine question, not just trying to moan.

(this time anyway)

Dipper_Dave:
78mph today, fully freighted in neutral on the A34 rollercoaster, not contributing to the thread just showing off really.

The truck who I hung out to dry when he bottled it at 59 was no where in site.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s a valiant effort Dave! I’ve achieved the same going down Ainley Bank empty, into the dip at J25. I was still going past them doing 65 half way up the hill to Hartshead Moor as the speed tailed off :laughing: . I even had a Culina toon his horn and flash his lights at me multiple times to show his approval as I blitzed past him doing about 75 down the hill. :smiley:

Rowley010:
Then on top of that if the overtaking truck is then taking ages to get past I slow down a bit more, allow them past, then flash them in.

Another dying bit of courtesy, how hard is it to ease off and let the clearly faster vehicle pass you?

Lost count of how many times I’ve had to use the outside lane to pass 2 clowns who won’t let up.