April 29th Royal Wedding Day

Has anyone been told by their employer that this is not a statutory paid holiday, and that if a day off is required, it must be applied for in the normal way, and will only be granted if possible.

In other words,a normal working day in which no extra money is payable…

Why does the gov bother to ‘give’ this if it’s not legally enforcable? Seems employers can do as they please?

i really couldnt give a rats ■■■ about this wedding, ill not be at work anyway gotta drive down sourh to visit a short man with a hotel for a truck

I am working at the royal wedding. The company that i work for is doing some stuff down in london.
Sorry for my last post i had just got back from dentist

Been told we have to work that day, but get an extra days money for it. Same with good friday.

Don’t know if it’s statutory or if they are just being generous with the money. Probably the former.

Northern boy:
I am working the company that i work for is doing some stuff for the wedding.

is this some sort of riddle that we have to unjumble the words to make a sentence?

gogzy:

Northern boy:
I am working the company that i work for is doing some stuff for the wedding.

Is this some sort of riddle where we have to unjumble the words to make a sentence?

Fixed

im having to use one of my holidays for a public holiday … :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

weve either got to work it or book it as holiday, luckily with me doing sun to thurs nights now it means i donr need to waste a days holiday :smiley:

Fortunately i am working don’t give a ■■■■■ about the wedding to be honest

ellisjones.co.uk/cms/catsect … dding.html

Agency have asked me to work. I asked the rate and was told ‘Bank Holiday Rate’. Only an 8 hour shift doing some shunting but double time will do me nicely! Saved me some money really - I’d have only ended up in the pub all day!

although im on the agency im having the day off to watch the wedding, all my family are coming for drinks and nibbles so we can all watch together. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

206doorman:
Has anyone been told by their employer that this is not a statutory paid holiday, and that if a day off is required, it must be applied for in the normal way, and will only be granted if possible.

In other words,a normal working day in which no extra money is payable…

Why does the gov bother to ‘give’ this if it’s not legally enforcable? Seems employers can do as they please?

Our lot have given us 8.5 hours holiday but stated that we are working as normal and (apart from whoever wants to, as only one can be on holiday at once), we’ll have to take it someother time. That suits me fine, in line with other posters I couldn’t give a flyin’ [zb] about the soddin’ royal wedding.

Were working as normal thank god. For double bubble as well

I want to watch it. Might not be for some of you lot but for me it’s my future king :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Turners are paying Bank Holiday rates for those working, plus a day in Lieu, so all good as far as i’m concerened :slight_smile:

C-Kay:
Turners are paying Bank Holiday rates for those working, plus a day in Lieu, so all good as far as i’m concerened :slight_smile:

so the grand sum of £43.20 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Were not working the Friday, so I snook 2 days holiday in & got over a week off! :laughing: (working good friday)

When our boss realised the Royal Wedding was right on the heels of Easter he lept to his Blackbury to text us all not to book it off. Ironic that he was on Vac in Barbados at the time…
I can imagine him choking on his pinacalada as he heard the news hahaha.

Al

all the companies we pull for are closed, but the boss says we’re not! looks like we’ll have some clean wagons that day :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: