Apologies for our Absence

We would like to apologise for our absence over the last several hours, this was due to technical reasons beyond our control.

Now you know what life would be like without TruckNet UK, scary isn’t it. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

blimey! can you stop doing that please!! i thought it was my pc again! :unamused: :laughing:

Just given kids hell, thinking they crashed pc again :blush:

I never realised how dependant I’d become :unamused:

thats how it starts… they give you it for free to pull you in… and then WHIP IT AWAY :open_mouth: . … :laughing:

after paying all that money for a website the least they could do is give you a refund ■■ or even an explanation as to what happened

And what makes you think we haven’t had an explanation odds? We have.

nice one at least we can all sit comfortable knowing that it wont happen again

Well that’s the plan odds, but as you well know nothing is certain in the computer world. :wink: :smiley:

there only as good as the people that use them ■■

this was due to technical reasons beyond our control.

oddsodz:

I guess if it was beyond Trucknets control it could happen anytime!!

Thecritic:
this was due to technical reasons beyond our control.

oddsodz:

I guess if it was beyond Trucknets control it could happen anytime!!

good guess,then again if things go critical perhaps you could help out??

oddsodz:

I am always happy to give a helping hand :smiley: :wink: :smiley:

Hopefully it won’t happen again, it was a small glitch in the php software that caused it to not recognise the member list, so it could happen to any site that uses php for it’s forums…

Thecritic:

oddsodz:

I am always happy to give a helping hand :smiley: :wink: :smiley:

without being to critical ■■

oddsodz:

Ha :exclamation: :laughing: Subtle . . . :sunglasses:

Ok, guys…we’re sorry… :blush: :blush: :blush:

A few things important to note at this point…

• It wasn’t Rikki’s fault…(this time… :unamused: )… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
  • Rikki has no hair left after panicking and thinking it was him… :open_mouth:
  • I have no hair left as once he realised there was nothing he could do he only had mine left to pull out… :open_mouth:
  • We tipped at the same place today. Whilst the site was down. Never again. Will be consulting TM on Monday re:change of cab-phone number…and lorry…and identity!!!:cry:
  • We are currently looking for a new sponsor…preferably one who’s main line of business involves trans-Atlantic telephone lines and cheap rates!!! :open_mouth:

On a serious note, yes we had a php glitch…yes it was beyond our ability to sort…yes it is now sorted…no that particular glitch won’t happen again, but that’s not to say that there won’t be others…

Bottom line is that this is still a fairly new board to us, and we’ve added a lot onto the basic package so inevitably the odd bug will appear from time to time…unfortunately this time it wasn’t so much a bug as one of those big fat black beetles that our kids are so fond of squashing! Still, it’s sorted now…Thanks to Rick Thompson at Oznet! :wink:

Thanks also to Neil, for covering for us whilst we were drowning our sorrows in the Navi…and to both Neil and Pam for making sure we knew…thanks also to all of you who e-mailed, too many to mention here! :grimacing:

And thanks to all the concerned TruckNet Uk members who texted me to ask what was wrong and when would it be back and should they call the Samaratins as they were in withdrawal, it’s nice to know you care.

Not paid your bills again. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :laughing:

LucyR:
Thanks also to Neil, for covering for us whilst we were drowning our sorrows in the Navi…

Woah!!! Back that truck up. I’m fielding text messages and you are in the pub. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: That’s not fair and with me being ill as well. :cry: :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses: