Anyone work for B and M Bargains,Speke

Hi all,just wondering if anyone works for b and m at Speke. I notice they’re advertising for class1 drivers,but thought I’d ask if anyone has any experience with them,good or bad,before I go ahead! Any advice for or against is much appreciated! Thanks guys.

I delivered to the building opposite there a couple of months back…

That is the only information I can provide.

Oh, it was a beautiful, sunny day, if that helps! :stuck_out_tongue:

Poundstretcher’s oppo.

Ratty trailers, ex Halfrauds, and some even ex Poundstretcher from 10 years ago, now painted white. (Ex Don Bur.)

Newish Scanias though, although I’m sure there was a thread on here a while ago saying you don’t get your own motor.

Ken.

I guess their trailers must be fitted with some sort of cloaking device making them invisible to VOSA.

Went to them before they moved to the new place, don’t know if things have improved, but health and safety didn’t seem a priority the place was disorganised chaos.

They permanently advertise for ‘drivers’! Apparently you need to be multi lingual to get on. Max hours @ £7.50 I believe but thats only the grapevine talking!? Kits crap too - saw one if their 63 plate motors at Frankley services and the driver wiped his feet when he got out it was that minging! :wink:

Crikey , if this was available t’ uther side of the pennines, i’d throw a C.V in for it, it beats the shower of excrement i work for by a long long way … :blush:

Salary £9 - £9.75, £11 per hour for weekend work. There is a discretionary £1000 bonus that may be paid.

Following a £3m investment in new units and a £2.2 million investment in new trailers we are looking to recruit additional HGV drivers.

Class 1 ( C+E) drivers required

Must have digital tacho card.
Must have no more than 6 points
Must be flexible in regards to working hours.
You should be aware of and adopt fuel efficient driving techniques

Store delivery work

Excellent customer service skills required

Regular am and pm work available for the right candidate/s and potential of all year round work. Assessments will be required.

Part time and Full time available. Early shift from 3am or Late shift from 12pm.

Work 5 days out of 7.

Overtime rate for weekend work (Saturday and Sunday)

roadrunner:
Crikey , if this was available t’ uther side of the pennines, i’d throw a C.V in for it, it beats the shower of excrement i work for by a long long way … :blush:

Salary £9 - £9.75, £11 per hour for weekend work. There is a discretionary £1000 bonus that may be paid.

Following a £3m investment in new units and a £2.2 million investment in new trailers we are looking to recruit additional HGV drivers.

Store delivery work

Regular am and pm work available for the right candidate/s and potential of all year round work. Assessments will be required.

Part time and Full time available. Early shift from 3am or Late shift from 12pm.

Work 5 days out of 7.

I take it that info was in the ad that agency placed in the local newspaper

peirre:

roadrunner:

Store delivery work

Work 5 days out of 7.

I take it that info was in the ad that agency placed in the local newspaper

Company website, unless its via an agency of some kind ■■

jobs.bmstores.co.uk/bmstores/Sea … gland.html

bmstores.co.uk/careers/contact-us " please note we do not accept calls from agencies". !!!

The don burs with the sloping roofs are x woolies and they were ■■■■ in 2005 when new so god knows wot there like now

As I said earlier, they appear to have some ex Pounstretcher ones in white, that are identifiable by the split rear half doors, with the tailift at the top, and a small door on the swan neck on each side that is a Henderson type 3 or 4 section roller door.

If you look at the current crop of red Poundstretcher trailers, they are basically modelled on the above, but are made by Cartwrights with full size doors, and an internal tailift that folds out from within. No doors to the swan neck though, as they are a waste of time as no Poundstretcher has a forklift.

Ken.

I was told by a manager there that they had to buy whatever they could get 2nd hand because they were expanding so quickly they couldn’t wait for the lead times for new but not sure I believe it.

Hope they haven’t got those twin deck Montracon tandems from Woolies they were a terrifying drive.

Own Account Driver:
I was told by a manager there that they had to buy whatever they could get 2nd hand because they were expanding so quickly they couldn’t wait for the lead times for new but not sure I believe it.

Hope they haven’t got those twin deck Montracon tandems from Woolies they were a terrifying drive.

They have 7312 is one if em!!!

I can get them some Fork Lift Trucks :smiley: :sunglasses:

Anyone who delivers to retail parks noticed how bm’s seem to have stock just abandoned outside ?

1FLEETRENEGADE:
Anyone who delivers to retail parks noticed how bm’s seem to have stock just abandoned outside ?

It’s not just them, as the dc’s send that much, that the stores can’t get it all in as their own warehouses are in the main that small, that they are at bursting point. Same every year at xmas.

Ken.

Own Account Driver:

Dawson rental have some very tidy ex Focus dd’s available in blue with sloping roofs. I know because Poundstretcher have some, and there are also some running out of Asda at Doncaster Redhouse with flat front’s. (eg: DDCFT 123 or whatever.) TN member Damocq will tell you that they also use the flat front ones at their place, as they are Pounstretcher’s Scottish haulier.

Surely B&M would be better renting them than buying the ■■■■ they have which look so untidy.

Ken.

As a driver trying to a drop they are rude and crap. Just before Christmas i arrived twenty minutes late and the woman in goods in told me to ‘■■■■-off’ your late! To my face…took me back a bit.
They didn’t get there delivery before christmas…

john-sussex:
As a driver trying to a drop they are rude and crap. Just before Christmas i arrived twenty minutes late and the woman in goods in told me to ‘[zb]’ your late! To my face…took me back a bit.

Was it called Jackie? A small skinny blonde with attitude…!

fleettraineruk:

john-sussex:
As a driver trying to a drop they are rude and crap. Just before Christmas i arrived twenty minutes late and the woman in goods in told me to ‘[zb]’ your late! To my face…took me back a bit.

Was it called Jackie? A small skinny blonde with attitude…!

Sounds as if she needs some loving to put a smile on her face

She’s benefit more from a bit of 3" X 2" by the sounds of it :laughing: