Anyone work for B and M Bargains,Speke

I love that in the ad, “potential for year round work” oh thanks!

It’s true about them expanding so rapidly they can’t take the lead times on new deckers so had to take whatever tat they could. Problem is once you’ve got the tat, good luck selling it on, they should take the knock on the trailers & replace with new though as some of the older ones look minging but I suppose if they are maintained…

With regard to the arsey attitude & being turned away if you’re late, as if most drivers would care anyway. Only OD’s would be put out.

I bet more than one bloke has gobbed off back at her after she’s told you to do one. I think they’re so busy & the warehouse/yard is so rammed, they’re probly glad of the opportunity to reject some loads.

Thanks for the replies :smiley: Bit of a mixed response,but sort of what I was expecting tbh :laughing: Am I correct in thinking that their units are all autos? Also,I seem to remember reading that they were closing Blackpool depot,and expanding the site at Speke?

Lots of old trailers but they must be roadworthy. Mostly Volvo units too, see plenty of 63 plates about, and Scanias too.

Ive worked for B+M Speke for a few days, Out of choice Id work for Stobarts or Yodel.

Quinny:
As I said earlier, they appear to have some ex Pounstretcher ones in white, that are identifiable by the split rear half doors, with the tailift at the top, and a small door on the swan neck on each side that is a Henderson type 3 or 4 section roller door.

If you look at the current crop of red Poundstretcher trailers, they are basically modelled on the above, but are made by Cartwrights with full size doors, and an internal tailift that folds out from within. No doors to the swan neck though, as they are a waste of time as no Poundstretcher has a forklift.

Ken.

I worked for pound stretcher loading trailers when I was 19 and I’m 35 now and they had those don bur trailers then. They were ordered by h&h distribution when they had the contract.