Anyone want a drivers mate next week?

I´m bored outa me skull.
London, multi drops, white goods, whatever. Oh wait…NO removals :smiley:
6 foot tall, 13 stone, reasonably healthy, got all me own teeth/limbs.
Can chat on most subjects, or keep schtum if needed.
You have to supply hi viz, gloves, hard hat, if required.
Gawd I´m bored!

Not Monday, I have to go in to me Bus course.

Any takers?

If you can get up to East Mey by 04.00 monday

Sounds a bit gay

I could probably work on it a bit and get it sounding REALLY gay :slight_smile:
Have you heard of the Equality Act 2010■■?

:laughing:

Just bored.

I could wear this, I suppose. Had it aaaages and only wore it once. Probably not a good idea at the time. I still maintain that Uncle Bobby was dead and wouldn´t know or care. Auntie Marge was furious though :confused:

This is true dedication to duty. A week off in August and desperate to sit in a truck. :smiley:

Harry Monk:
This is true dedication to duty. A week off in August and desperate to sit in a truck. :smiley:

I know, I know. What can I say, I like getting out and about :slight_smile:

steviespain:

Harry Monk:

I know, I know. What can I say, I like getting out and about :slight_smile:

You can come and drive my boat from Hayes to Paddington while I sit on the front deck getting ■■■■■■ if you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

Get me some diving gear and I´ll clean the bottom for you too :smiley:

Gonna call your bluff here, Harry…
Never driven a longboat (I´m guessing) count me in. When? :smiley:

steviespain:
Get me some diving gear and I´ll clean the bottom for you too :smiley:

Gonna call your bluff here, Harry…
Never driven a longboat (I´m guessing) count me in. When? :smiley:

I’m at Hayes now, probably going to move on Tuesday or Wednesday, meeting my Mum and my boys at Paddington on Thursday. You’re welcome to come along for the run in if you’re bored and you don’t get a better offer multi-dropping for 3663 or whatever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like a plan.
Does this count towards me CPC?
Mankini and 4" stilettos ok?

Thanks Harry, sounds great. More info nearer the time eh? :slight_smile:

Nearer the time Stevie? It’s Saturday now man and time and tide wait for no man! Btw I’ve met Harry and can confirm he does buy an exceedingly good coffee.

Things can change, Mr M :slight_smile:, on either side.
Fer instance, I have to go into my CPC course on Monday to do a video drive and, knowing them, they will have some other activities planned out for the rest of the week, which I have no intention of doing unless it´s interesting.
Although I DID hear a whisper about Southend :slight_smile:

Nah, I´m pretty certain I´ll get to meet Harry on Tues or Wed. It´s just where and what time really, innit.

malcolmgbell:
If you can get up to East Mey by 04.00 monday

Yep, I could :smiley:
My Oyster card fainted when I asked if it had enough funds though.

If this is you from the other day stevie then yes :wink: :wink:

Of course! I dress for success!

Anyway, Harry, just let me know Monday evening if you want me on Tues or Wed. Or even if you gotta cancel, not a problem either way.

I´ll PM my phone number.

Hmmm, rear wheel steering, yeah, I´ve done some of that :smiley:

SuperMultiBlue:
Sounds a bit gay

Gay ■■?
This thread’s got it all.
Mankini, 4" stilletoes, and…cleaning Harry’s bottom while wearing a diving suit :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Wtf has happened to this forum.? :open_mouth:
:laughing:

To be serious for a minute though, I’ve found most drivers (especially trampers) like their own company too much.
No disrespect to the o/p but I couldn’t think of anything worse than a complete stranger invading my territory for a week.
I’ve had mates come with me in the past who I have known for years and even got sick of them after the first 3 days.

Yep, fair play rob, I hear what you´re saying. I kinda thought that when I first posted. And, well, after 20 minutes of thinking about it. I decided to leave it to stand or fall on its own.

As it turns out though, for a day of apprehensiveness and trepidation, and thinking I was a t ■■■■ t for posting it, I now have an invite to go on a narrowboat for the day :slight_smile:
I wouldn´t have been doing that had I not put meself out there :slight_smile:

As me and Harry are probably about the same age ish (94) we´ll get on fine. We´ll talk about the old days and how we had to light the fires to power the steam engine to get the lorry moving.
How we used to slap the young uns about the head for daring to run past us when we´re in a comfy chair holding a half pint of whisky.
How we used to be able to buy fish and chips, a 2 piece suite, and 1000 shares in British Telecom, and still come home with change from a fiver.

And a week? 3 days? that´s not a ride along, that´s kidnapping! :smiley: