Anyone want a class 1 job,£6.30 p/h!

h.young transport in huddersfield advertising on job centre website.
£283.50 for 45 hours basic,then £9.45 p/h after that,how little can they get away with paying class 1 now a days.disgusting

jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =HUD/94571

They will be inundated with applicants no doubt you wait and see that’s why they are paying it .

…And that is evenings and nights also ,saw that this morning, disgraceful, sign o the times indeed.

Still miles better than a lot of other jobs going where minimum wage is the best you’ll get.

I hate to say it but i would go for it if it was not so far away
I am ashamed to say that i have hit rock botton and i would take anything to keep these debt collectors from knocking on my door :frowning:
At least i have a good nexted door neighbour who lets me piggy back off his internet :slight_smile:

I don’t know particulars of that job, but the bad hourly rate not necessarly means low income. After all this is the bottom line which counts.

I used to work at the 6.25 p/h basic for the class 2. Sounds crap, isn’t it?

But it was 1,5 times after 8 hours, 2 times after 12 hours and weekends, all parkings and expenses paid upfront (I was issued with float money and every time it was running low, I just had to clear it and take another hundred or two), 35 per night overnight allowance and 40p per hour bonus (and I never figured out, what that bonus was for, it was just there added to every single hour I worked :stuck_out_tongue:), so the bottom line was not bad.

There was lot of driving all around UK, job was bloody easy and I had “my own” lorry. Take home was usually over 400 per week, my best week with them was 625 with four nights away. I think that’s not bad, especially that it was during the worse times of credit crunch.

Big ■■■■:
I am ashamed to say that i have hit rock botton and i would take anything to keep these debt collectors from knocking on my door :frowning:
At least i have a good nexted door neighbour who lets me piggy back off his internet :slight_smile:

Please don’t take this the wrong way but recognising you’ve hit rock bottom is nothnig to be ashamed of. I’ve been there before & could well end up there again. I know I’ve always done my very best to keep the roof over my families head & no one can do more than that.

I wish you well for the future.

BB

Basilbrush:

Big ■■■■:

Please don’t take this the wrong way but recognising you’ve hit rock bottom is nothnig to be ashamed of. I’ve been there before & could well end up there again. I know I’ve always done my very best to keep the roof over my families head & no one can do more than that.

I wish you well for the future.

BB

I also would like to add to good wishes. I was also on the bottom, doing some agency 7.5t work for minimum wage or market research. Now it’s much better and I hope you will be back on track soon.
But there is nothing to be ashamed of, it can happen to any of us.

Big ■■■■:

I’m there too mate so I know how you feel… but I’ve been here before and something always turns up, normally when I least expect it… keep calm and carry on!

QTR in Reading were offering Class1 48hrs @£7.77ph, had an interview and the offer arrived but I just justify :smiley: the rate for what they wanted me to do.

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel but at the moment that tunnel is a bloddy long one

jrl driver:
£283.50 for 45 hours basic,then £9.45 p/h after that,how little can they get away with paying class 1 now a days.disgusting

if you do 80 hrs thats 614.25 p.w,doesnt look bad to me + some family allowance/family credit and it better than the dole.
if it was a choice between the dole and that job id do the job everytime, then look for something better, lot easier to get a jonb when your in one than out of one

ady1:

jrl driver:

if you do 80 hrs thats 614.25 p.w,doesnt look bad to me + some family allowance/family credit and it better than the dole.
if it was a choice between the dole and that job id do the job everytime, then look for something better, lot easier to get a jonb when your in one than out of one

people laugh at me when i say that, but, all i say in return is, will the dole pay for everything you want?.. NO!

Unfortunately i would work for that at the moment as some money is better then no money and there light at the end of the tunnel seems to be moving further and further away :frowning:

Its more than what I am on! Lets hope that things really are on the mend as just when you are at your happiest and you think that nothing can go wrong, you then find yourself made redundant 3 times in 2 years! I know, it happened to me.
It looks like the interest rates are going to go up soon to get a grip on inflation, this will mean that people have less to spend which will in turn mean less goods being transported on lorries, less drivers required!
More and more people are being laid off day by day which means they have less money to spend which means, yes you’ve guessed it, less goods transported on lorries, less drivers required!
I fear that things are about to get a whole lot worse!

ady1:

jrl driver:

f you do 80 hrs thats 614.25 p.w,doesnt look bad to me + some family allowance/family credit and it better than the dole.

That’s two weeks work for most other people i.e. non truck drivers. That’s the problem with this job, too many people willing to work crazy hours and then claim they’ve got a good job because they can bank £500. :unamused:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

jrl driver:

f you do 80 hrs thats 614.25 p.w,doesnt look bad to me + some family allowance/family credit and it better than the dole.

That’s two weeks work for most other people i.e. non truck drivers. That’s the problem with this job, too many people willing to work crazy hours and then claim they’ve got a good job because they can bank £500. :unamused:

But half of that time we are sat on our arse listening to the radio, not under a deadline to pack 7000 widgets or lay 200 blocks a day on a cold building site before finishing time, we can stop to suit ourselves without a chargehand making notes about you :laughing: There are many other people working 12 hour shifts for much less money

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

jrl driver:

But half of that time we are sat on our arse listening to the radio, not under a deadline to pack 7000 widgets or lay 200 blocks a day on a cold building site before finishing time, we can stop to suit ourselves without a chargehand making notes about you :laughing: There are many other people working 12 hour shifts for much less money

I think you’ll find that’s increasingly becoming a thing of the past Malc what with schedules and spy in the cab technology. And as for sitting on our arses for half the day we’re not all box jockeys or tanker drivers! :stuck_out_tongue:

44 Tonne Ton:

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

jrl driver:

I think you’ll find that’s increasingly becoming a thing of the past Malc what with schedules and spy in the cab technology. And as for sitting on our arses for half the day we’re not all box jockeys or tanker drivers! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe! but imagine this.

Ring ring, Ring Ring.
Hello where are you? On the M1, stuck in traffic? Not moved for 15 minutes, let them know I am going to be late. Meanwhile, you finish your tea, visit the toilet and pick up your newspaper.

The bloke in the factory stops packing widgets 10 minutes before his break is due and starts to wander off towards the toilets. Oy Smith, where do you think you are going, have you clocked out? :laughing:

Paul-H:
There is always a light at the end of the tunnel

But sometimes its just some git with a torch bringing more problems :wink:

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

jrl driver:

Maybe! but imagine this.

Ring ring, Ring Ring.
Hello where are you? On the M1, stuck in traffic? Not moved for 15 minutes, let them know I am going to be late. Meanwhile, you finish your tea, visit the toilet and pick up your newspaper.

The bloke in the factory stops packing widgets 10 minutes before his break is due and starts to wander off towards the toilets. Oy Smith, where do you think you are going, have you clocked out? :laughing:

Maybe! You don’t have to imagine this, it happened!

A few months ago as I was returning to Tosscos depot at Harlow I decided to stop at a local burger bar often frequented by a fella with a big red nose. This involved a diversion of approximately 200 yards. I chose this option because Tossco changed their refreshments policy recently and you now need a card to get a cuppa. As I’m not regular in there I’m not deemed worthy of my own personal card. So for a decent cuppa I veered wildly off route!
On return to Harlow, Mr Tossco AKA Chris Cooper couldn’t wait to interrogate me for this serious aberration!

Mr Tossco: Why did you stop in Harlow?

Me: I was taking my break.

Mr Tossco: You could have had your break here at the depot.

Me: Yeah but I can’t get anything to eat here not even a cup of tea since you changed to the card system.

Mr Tossco: You could have borrowed a card from someone.

Me: I have done that before but it’s obvious some people don’t want to loan their cards and then it becomes embarrassing for both people. Not only that but I usually end up losing money on it because I hand the card back and might not have used all the credit I loaded on it.

Mr Tossco: Well you could stop at the services on the way back?

Me: What’s wrong with where I stopped?

Mr Tossco: You can’t park there.

Me: There’s no restrictions there and it doesn’t affect the traffic.

Mr Tossco; We’d rather you used the services

Me: No problem if you’re willing to pick up the tab, services ain’t cheap

Mr Tossco: Er, we don’t do that.

Me: Thought not

Mr Tossco: It would be better to have your break here

Me: I’ll have my break where I like thanks.

And no, it wasn’t enough to get me barred! :grimacing: