Anyone want a class 1 job,£6.30 p/h!

There’s a company in Hull that I used to work for, that pays its class one drivers £6 an hour and £9 for overtime, the majority of the work force is polish, say no more :frowning:

ady1:

jrl driver:
h.young transport in huddersfield advertising on job centre website.
£283.50 for 45 hours basic,then £9.45 p/h after that,how little can they get away with paying class 1 now a days.disgusting

jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =HUD/94571

if you do 80 hrs…

Maybe I’m missing something but how do you square that with the WTD, your digicard and the potential for being stopped by VOSA?

Dr Dubya:
Maybe I’m missing something but how do you square that with the WTD, your digicard and the potential for being stopped by VOSA?

With POA & Breaks not counted as part of your working time its easily achieved, i.e 40 hrs driving 20 hrs other work and 20 hrs POA and breaks

A Maximum of 6 x 15 hr shifts = 90 hrs

Minus 6 x 3 hr Breaks = 18 hrs

Minus say 6 x 3hr POA’s = 18 hrs

Minus say 14 hrs Other work

Leaves you with 40 hrs driving time

Big ■■■■:
I hate to say it but i would go for it if it was not so far away
I am ashamed to say that i have hit rock botton and i would take anything to keep these debt collectors from knocking on my door :frowning:
At least i have a good nexted door neighbour who lets me piggy back off his internet :slight_smile:

I’ve been there too BS, no words from me can help, but I did make it through the other side and been debt free since 2006. Nothing worse than that dreaded knock on the door. I was so bad I couldn’t remember who I owed what and to whom etc
CAB can help with the debt side, at least get it to managable proportions, some like Barclays bank even take offers, most will if they think thats all their likely to get!
Wish I could offer more substantial help.
‘Crazytrucker’

well i left a job that was low paid to go to one that was £3 per hour more, after a few months I went back to my ex employer who pays £7 p/h, ot after 8 hrs per day…

alot say its crap money but i,m happy, its 2 minutes from home, i,m not rushed left alone most of the time… money is,nt everything and if you start to take fuel costs into consideration? i travelled 12 miles to work and 12 miles home, I now cycle no need for 2nd car, mot tax insurance running costs ect. so i,m actually better off financially on the lower wage…

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

jrl driver:
£283.50 for 45 hours basic,then £9.45 p/h after that,how little can they get away with paying class 1 now a days.disgusting

f you do 80 hrs thats 614.25 p.w,doesnt look bad to me + some family allowance/family credit and it better than the dole.
if it was a choice between the dole and that job id do the job everytime, then look for something better, lot easier to get a jonb when your in one than out of one

That’s two weeks work for most other people i.e. non truck drivers. That’s the problem with this job, too many people willing to work crazy hours and then claim they’ve got a good job because they can bank £500. :unamused:

But half of that time we are sat on our arse listening to the radio, not under a deadline to pack 7000 widgets or lay 200 blocks a day on a cold building site before finishing time, we can stop to suit ourselves without a chargehand making notes about you :laughing: There are many other people working 12 hour shifts for much less money

dead right wheelnut, most of my days are spent in bunk,canteen chatting,eating[today 7 hrs out of 13 hrs were doing just that],they dont question us as there the ones who send us in at 7 a.m for a 2 p.m collection,
which is why i can do 70/80 hrs a week, half of that is spent asleep.

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

jrl driver:

f you do 80 hrs thats 614.25 p.w,doesnt look bad to me + some family allowance/family credit and it better than the dole.
if it was a choice between the dole and that job id do the job everytime, then look for something better, lot easier to get a jonb when your in one than out of one

That’s two weeks work for most other people i.e. non truck drivers. That’s the problem with this job, too many people willing to work crazy hours and then claim they’ve got a good job because they can bank £500. :unamused:

see everyone keeps saying crazy hours,crazy to work them.
dont you think if i could get a job doing 40 hrs a week paying 6/700 per week id not take it, i cant get one, ive tried, in my area its all the same, low base ratex bucket full of hours,so i just have to do it ,accept it,
its alright critisising me,but whats the alternative :question: ,do 40 hrs a week in my job and earn 4/500 p.w,or do 80 hrs and earn nigh on 800,
until you or anyone else can point me out all these 40 hrs p.w jobs at 7/800 a week ill just keep hammering the hours to earn the money as i always have :wink:

I started,well,i got said £450.- week
Then i got £230.- with 5 Day
Then i did a full Week,Monday Morning till Sat Night and got £270.- with Flat trailer.
When i asked after a few week what they meaned with £450.-/Week got i said they were talking about Euros as i am not English.
Hey. That £6.50 is not bad. You have to think they may pay you Bonuses for every delivery or collection,Nught out,Saturday and Sunday.even BankHoliday,not seek Bonus,ect,ect
Sure you get up to £9.-/Hour