Anyone looking for class 2 tramping. Immingham

My TM asked me if I knew anyone looking for class 2 work.

Permanent job, 6 months probation, tramping, 65 plate Volvo FM with tail-lift.

Not 100% sure of the rates but think it’s £450pw +£25 per night. O/T on weekends.

goshow:

Not 100% sure of the rates but think it’s £450pw +£25 per night. O/T on weekends.

That’s £90 a day. At 12 hours that’s £7.50 an hour. Seeing as tramping is usually more than 12 hours a day, he’s paying less than minimum wage…

Form an orderly queue gentlemen. .

the nodding donkey:

goshow:

That’s £90 a day. At 12 hours that’s £7.50 an hour. Seeing as tramping is usually more than 12 hours a day, he’s paying less than minimum wage…

Think its a given breaks wont be paid so 12 hours “work” is quite possible.

I agree the rate is dire though

kcrussell25:

the nodding donkey:

goshow:

Think its a given breaks wont be paid so 12 hours “work” is quite possible.

I agree the rate is dire though

Oh christ…

Is that £450pw take home?

Rowley010:
Is that £450pw take home?

Personally, I very much doubt it.

But when you put the 25 night money to that, that’s what most average drivers earn and then the overtime as well the nohopers will pounce on that

This may come off as a bit naive and short sighted but i would run my bag through a cheese grater for that rate. I feel maybe you experienced old hands don’t really appreciate rates in other walks of life?

I say this with the up most of respect, totally not trolling. I haven’t even got my provisional yet granted but i am salaried pay, no chance of OT and work 60 hours week in week out for ~19k. Before any of the sour lemons tell me that’s my own daft fault… I know! I guess I just want to say it’s not always EE that would take these jobs.

goshow:

That 6 month probation sounds fishy,it’s normally a month…3 at most.
Maybe he’s got contract come in that needs covering for 6 months and it’s cheaper to “employ” someone for 6 months than pay agency.

Saabdude:
This may come off as a bit naive and short sighted but i would run my bag through a cheese grater for that rate. I feel maybe you experienced old hands don’t really appreciate rates in other walks of life?

I say this with the up most of respect, totally not trolling. I haven’t even got my provisional yet granted but i am salaried pay, no chance of OT and work 60 hours week in week out for ~19k. Before any of the sour lemons tell me that’s my own daft fault… I know! I guess I just want to say it’s not always EE that would take these jobs.

Get your license and then go and do some agency driving.

I can earn well over 450 /week driving for an agency. And I get to go home every night of the week. Infact I can earn as much as the plus nights out money and go home every night.

This is in the ‘dead’ time of the year as a brand new pass, who cannot reverse very well.

I can’t really justify the risk of going on agency, all I ever seem to read on here are horror stories. A few from yourself too Sammy lol. Living wage to wage I’d only have to get let down a couple of times and we’d be in trouble

Saabdude:
I can’t really justify the risk of going on agency, all I ever seem to read on here are horror stories. A few from yourself too Sammy lol. Living wage to wage I’d only have to get let down a couple of times and we’d be in trouble

It’s not a bed of roses. And I wouldn’t do it if I needed it to pay for my rent and food.

No one really likes agency drivers. Managers find you a pain as they need to explain their set up. Company drivers don’t like you as they think you get paid more and are potentially a threat to them. And your agency are just interested in getting their commission.

That being said - there is a few quid to be made, and you do get the ability to not give a ■■■■. If I don’t like a place I don’t go back. I don’t have to pretend to like anyone or worry about the internal politics etc. I just turn up - drive and then go home. If someone has a problem with it I just shrug my shoulder now. I get paid by the hour and take my time.

Add night out money onto that and you are seeing just short of £500pw take home and let’s face it for Class 2 that’s ok provided the hours are reasonable anything over 48hrs and it becomes a poorer wage for every hour after!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:

goshow:

That 6 month probation sounds fishy,it’s normally a month…3 at most.
Maybe he’s got contract come in that needs covering for 6 months and it’s cheaper to “employ” someone for 6 months than pay agency.

I work for a big company and have just finished my 6 months last week so might be genuine

sammym:

Saabdude:

It’s not a bed of roses. And I wouldn’t do it if I needed it to pay for my rent and food.

No one really likes agency drivers. Managers find you a pain as they need to explain their set up. Company drivers don’t like you as they think you get paid more and are potentially a threat to them. And your agency are just interested in getting their commission.

That being said - there is a few quid to be made, and you do get the ability to not give a [zb]. If I don’t like a place I don’t go back. I don’t have to pretend to like anyone or worry about the internal politics etc. I just turn up - drive and then go home. If someone has a problem with it I just shrug my shoulder now. I get paid by the hour and take my time.

I do have a thick skin I’d be fine with all that. I’ve already thought I’d go over and above and if I did use someone else’s truck I’d wipe the cab down and leave something nice like an air freshener. Might be a bit over the top but good way to get noticed and maybe set on permanently

I love it when all the doom n bloomers, come on and I say, “wouldn’t do that it’s minimum wage,” for a new start it’s experience, for somebody else it might be what they want,

If all you moaners and grinders, are earning so much in transport PROVE IT. Put up a pay slip for everyone to see…

biggriffin:
I love it when all the doom n bloomers, come on and I say, “wouldn’t do that it’s minimum wage,” for a new start it’s experience, for somebody else it might be what they want,

If all you moaners and grinders, are earning so much in transport PROVE IT. Put up a pay slip for everyone to see…

They won’t because they don’t earn said amount they brag about ! :wink:
A bit like all the sheep/school girls who all pile in on a thread to rip the poster to shreds :unamused: :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

goshow:

And it’s got a tail lift so he’ll be pulling his nads out too most likely…

Saabdude:

It’s not just about the money bud, poor as it is, but this is typical of a poor employer making up the wages with night out money. You think your 60 hours a week is crap now? Go for it, then come back and tell us how you got on. Or you could listen to the voices of experience… :slight_smile:

I think what most seem to miss, is the fact that at that rate, and if you do more than 12 hours a day, you are paid LESS than minimum wage…