anyone know ???

anyone know where i can get a truck tyre inflator that works off your air tanks or air line connection.
i used to have one in my cab but its dissapeared, tried looking on ebay done a google search but cant seem to find one anywhere. maybe they dont make/sell them anymore any help appreciated
thanks
john

Not exactly the cheapest, but you could try Machine Mart.
Failing that try your tyre fitter, they should be able to sort you out for reasonable money.

Have you not got any fitters that can make one up for you.

thanks rollo but its not the air line i mean i used to have air line that just connected to your air tanks with a long length of thin air line just about long enough to reach the trailer tyre
thanks
johns

Limeyphil could be the man to ask about this.

thanks con77
you used to be able to buy them from truck accessory shops iam sure they come from germany

if you worked at our place i would have knocked one up for you :slight_smile:

busy fool:
thanks rollo but its not the air line i mean i used to have air line that just connected to your air tanks with a long length of thin air line just about long enough to reach the trailer tyre
thanks
johns

No problem mate.

I think I know the sort your on about, Scania used to have a similar one in the three series, but that connected to the output on the dash.
Just a thought. We have our own made up tyre inflater’s, a good length of air hose with a female coupling on one end (for the red susy) & a female PCL coupling on the other for the inflater.
As I said, just a thought & if you source the parts from the right places it might work out a bit cheaper.
HTH. :wink:

I think I know the sort your on about, Scania used to have a similar one in the three series, but that connected to the output on the dash.
Just a thought. We have our own made up tyre inflater’s, a good length of air hose with a female coupling on one end (for the red susy) & a female PCL coupling on the other for the inflater.
As I said, just a thought & if you source the parts from the right places it might work out a bit cheaper.
HTH. :wink:
[/quote]
yeah thanks looks like this may be the way to go
john

something like this?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/hgv-tyre-inflator … 230d410d3e

sorry, i have absolutely no idea where you could get one of them from :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
something like this?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/hgv-tyre-inflator … 230d410d3e

sorry, i have absolutely no idea where you could get one of them from :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

top man shuttlespanker dont know how you found that… i have been scouring ebay couldnt find one… thats just what im looking for dont go bidding against me now :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
thanks again
john

just type ‘tyre inflator’ into the main search box on ebay and then select the category that you would like from the list

there was nine in the commercial vehicles parts section

On my series 4 Scanny under the left bonnet wing just above oil filler there are 3 rubber caps with Waeco on I screw my inflator on the lowest one. It’s a nice easy accesible spot.

Or just pop to your local MSA, nip to the airline, introduce it to ‘Stanley’…greeting over, extend to full length and simply slice!! At a quid a minute, thats all those robbing ■■■■■■■ deserve

Sorry but don’t understand the last post ■■?

They used to come standard with Mercs.
I guess if you ask any fleet driver with a Merc,he will have one in his kit and never use it.

busy fool:

go to the MSA, pull out the air line to the full length, cut the line off and take it with you :wink:

aahh aahh now i understand…sorry bit thick of me

john

i bought a kit from partco last year wich contained an inflater with gauge a suzie type air line plus it came with an air duster.The man behind the counter then made up some fittings so i could connect to my palm coupling, i forget how much it cost but at the time i could not believe how cheap it was and how helpful they were.