Anyone know what this fault is?

I have this on my dashboard,

And in Diagnostics, I have these.

I’m thinking maybe a failed nox sensor? If it helps, it appeared shortly after I filled up with AdBlue, and I also had a blowing exhaust flex replaced last week, if that’s relevant. Anybody know? If it is the nox sensor, is there any way of repairing rather than replacing?

I’m sure Neversweat will know the real answer but Google and

driver-bg.eu/index.php?actio … ttach=6787

suggests that it’s an adblue level sensor issue

Looks like the girls leg is broke after all that torque.
Looks like adblue prob .who designed that sign?

Deeireland:
Looks like the girls leg is broke after all that torque.
Looks like adblue prob .who designed that sign?

To me, it looks like a spunking ■■■■■ doing the “Walk like an Egyptian” dance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to see if this one gets past pre-mod. :wink:

I suppose after 5 occurrances inside an hour there’s bound to be a fault on the dash.
Seriously though haven’t a clue.looks like nox though

theres a similar sign in the gents bogs at lymm with a guy called mr semenators phone number if that’s any good?..though it looks like adblue or injectors for a symbol,get an ok from the boss,and blow her on down the road.

Looking at the symbol it looks like a blocked diffusor valve or injector nozzle for the add blue.
Not really an “injector” as it only runs at about 80 psi.

I’d start with new ad blue filters if it has them before going any deeper.

May be worth having w good look at sensor harness and connector if you have had some pipe work done, the other one means you ain’t got your seat belt on :slight_smile:

Is this a Renault ? just wondered :grimacing:

My premuim did same last week, add blue fault

I’m inclined to think it might be a contaminated fill-up of AdBlue, it keeps clearing and then coming back, reset to 50 hours. I’ve topped up the AdBlue today and I’ll see what happens.

With those fault codes it’s probably the Nox Sensor Harry :frowning:

That symbols for engine faults - That supposed to be an Injector.

Steve

neversweat1:
With those fault codes it’s probably the Nox Sensor Harry :frowning:

Thanks Steve, I think it probably is too, KTS Renault are looking at it tomorrow but they say nox sensors are an on-the-shelf item as they get through quite a few of them.

KTS also break trucks and they’ve asked me if I’d be interested in a nox sensor from a 7.5 tonner which has covered around 300,000km, apparently nox sensors are the same across the model range, what would you reckon (your personal opinion, no obligation) on having a recycled nox sensor fitted? They tell me that nox sensors on lighter vehicles suffer far less degradation than on 44t units, which sounds logical?

I believe a new nox sensor is £422, so I could be tempted if they would do me a deal, especially as I don’t plan to keep the truck a great deal longer and it will almost certainly go for export where the AdBlue system will be disabled anyway.

Nox sensor is the same across all the models Harry - I agree the lighter range suffer less from Nox sensor failure so it might be worth a punt. We always change the plug and pins at the same time but that’s personal preference.
The codes you posted are for the Countdown and Nox monitoring failure.
Best of luck
Steve.

They’ve had a look and they aren’t sure what it is at the moment. They’re going to look at it again next weekend and do a regeneration on the cat first of all. If that doesn’t work then a new nox sensor, if that doesn’t work then it may be a suspect cat itself, and as they’re a bit on the pricey side I may have to look at a work-round for that. :wink:

I know not all faults are the same but my experience of a Cat fault on a Magnum has always resulted in loss of power - And I mean chronic loss of power - My money’s still on Nox Sensor but a re-gen won’t do any harm if it doesn’t do any good - And its plug and play so very little labour involved.

Steve

Ignore it or get rid of adblue,trucks today turn drivers into hypochondriads. :unamused: :open_mouth: :cry:

when that came up on the 59 plate I drove Renault Bristol said it was to do with the fuel injectors, tight arse boss did nothing and it is still running as far as I know,