Anyone know what this fault is?

The symbols for Engine/Emission faults - The fault codes relate to Nox monitoring & countdown - Injector fault would have the same symbol & different fault codes.

Thank all, especially Steve as per.

KTS have re-set the fault codes, if the problem does recur I will have 50 hours of driving before torque reduction, so it will last until next weekend when they can start looking at it in more detail. Last week, the fault occurred sporadically so every time it disappeared and reappeared, the timer was re-set to 50 hours. I still wonder if I picked up a dodgy fill of AdBlue as the fault first occurred after about 20 minutes of empty running after filling up, which I figure would be just enough time for dodgy AdBlue to work through the system.

If it does need work then KTS are going to go with the cheapest option first, then work upwards. I’ve got to say KTS are an excellent main dealer, they couldn’t give me better service if I was running 100+ trucks.

If it does need a nox sensor then I’ll have one fitted, if it needs a new cat (£3,500-ish) then I will have the AdBlue system disabled, sell it for export when the MOT runs out and just spot-hire a truck as and when I need one.

Think in your position I’d shove the 2nd hand one from a 7.5t in. It’s got known history so it’s not like a total punt off ebay or something.

Own Account Driver:
Think in your position I’d shove the 2nd hand one from a 7.5t in. It’s got known history so it’s not like a total punt off ebay or something.

Fullo ■■■■ as usual.

Harry Monk:
Thank all, especially Steve as per.

KTS have re-set the fault codes, if the problem does recur I will have 50 hours of driving before torque reduction, so it will last until next weekend when they can start looking at it in more detail. Last week, the fault occurred sporadically so every time it disappeared and reappeared, the timer was re-set to 50 hours. I still wonder if I picked up a dodgy fill of AdBlue as the fault first occurred after about 20 minutes of empty running after filling up, which I figure would be just enough time for dodgy AdBlue to work through the system.

If it does need work then KTS are going to go with the cheapest option first, then work upwards. I’ve got to say KTS are an excellent main dealer, they couldn’t give me better service if I was running 100+ trucks.

If it does need a nox sensor then I’ll have one fitted, if it needs a new cat (£3,500-ish) then I will have the AdBlue system disabled, sell it for export when the MOT runs out and just spot-hire a truck as and when I need one.

Apparently this bunch of jokers are sicking it right up your ■■■ sucker.

Bking:

To be perfectly honest, I’ve seen your “knowledge” discredited on so many threads now, that I wouldn’t even ask you to diagnose the colour of orange juice.

Harry Monk:

Bking:

To be perfectly honest, I’ve seen your “knowledge” discredited on so many threads now, that I wouldn’t even ask you to diagnose the colour of orange juice.

Harry you have just made my day …neversweat or bking …neversweat every time …From what I can see he has been with Renault a few good years and actually knows the product .People like bking slate dealers ,but on here it is free advice …I bet he was rejected by a manufacturer just like waitrose rejected him …I pointed someone who works at waitrose to this site ,they said thank god they rejected him :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: The person has nothing to do with transport,and reckons he would last 5 minutes before being sacked with his attitude …They are strict on how you speak address fellow partners

You may well have picked up some rogue Ad blue Harry - We had a whole fleet go down with Nox issues. Litmus paper test and Refractometer showed nothing untoward testing the ad blue but the samples sent to Alcontrol for analysis shown extreme levels of Calcium. Ad blue supplier paid for the whole lot with much of a fight which is unusual.
Perhaps they knew more than they were letting on :question:

Thanks Norb. :smiley:

Just a quick update, KTS advised, and I agreed, that the best course of action was to re-set the fault code and monitor the situation over the coming week. I’ve driven from Faversham to St Austell today, 336 miles, and so far the fault has not re-appeared. Of course, it could, but it might not and if it doesn’t, then they’ve saved me the cost of a new nox sensor at the very least. Thanks for all advice so far and I’ll let you know how this week pans out.

Best of luck Harry. It’s worked for us on many an occasion.

neversweat1:
Best of luck Harry. It’s worked for us on many an occasion.

I never noticed your signature at the bottom before about fixing Renaults since 1980 :unamused: I have also found that the refractor and litmus only tell so much and the lab tells the full story…Though we do get grief of customers because there is a time delay between sending and results arriving…Ansd if it is under warranty then that is another bag of worms if proven to be contaminated

I’ve had countless run ins with bking

norb:
I never noticed your signature at the bottom before about fixing Renaults since 1980 :unamused: I have also found that the refractor and litmus only tell so much and the lab tells the full story…Though we do get grief of customers because there is a time delay between sending and results arriving…Ansd if it is under warranty then that is another bag of worms if proven to be contaminated

I’ve had countless run ins with bking

I’ve had loads of help from Steve (neversweat1) and as I’ve said before, if I ever meet up with him in the real world, I owe him a breakfast at the very least.

As for bking, well, as with any forum it’s down to the end user to separate the wheat from the chaff. And he’s definitely the chaff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Had this warning come up,(intermittently),on one of our 2010 Premiums,maybe two/three weeks ago.
Fault was with the,“External Ambient Temperature Sensor”,of which there are two,and Renault recommended they were both changed.
There is also a modified,(longer) wiring loom,as apparently the sensors get contaminated with oil running back down the loom? shrug
Not certain but I think parts came in at a couple of hundred in total…and they had plenty of them on the shelf,so I knew it wasn’t an uncommon fault.
Might help you,but no guarantees of course…

Harry Monk:
I’ve had loads of help from Steve (neversweat1) and as I’ve said before, if I ever meet up with him in the real world, I owe him a breakfast at the very least.

As for bking, well, as with any forum it’s down to the end user to separate the wheat from the chaff. And he’s definitely the chaff. :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 :wink:

dieseldan340:
Had this warning come up,(intermittently),on one of our 2010 Premiums,maybe two/three weeks ago.
Fault was with the,“External Ambient Temperature Sensor”,of which there are two,and Renault recommended they were both changed.
There is also a modified,(longer) wiring loom,as apparently the sensors get contaminated with oil running back down the loom? shrug
Not certain but I think parts came in at a couple of hundred in total…and they had plenty of them on the shelf,so I knew it wasn’t an uncommon fault.

Think that is two separate faults. The ambient temp sensor is located in the n/s mirror head - The longer looms would be for the two oil pressure sensors as these leak through the tops and then contaminate the engine loom. I think the sensors are on their fourth reincarnation and the looms are a recent addition. In some extreme cases the oil has made it back to the engine ECU and f##ks that up as well.

Steve

Love to know which depot you are based Steve don’t suppose it’s JDS Blackburn is it ? You certainly seem to know what your on with.

norb:
Harry you have just made my day …neversweat or bking …neversweat every time …From what I can see he has been with Renault a few good years and actually knows the product .People like bking slate dealers ,but on here it is free advice …

+1

I also find my local Renault dealer very helpful when the independent workshop I use ring them up , it’s a pity the local dealer for my other wagons isn’t as helpful !

neversweat1:

dieseldan340:

Think that is two separate faults. The ambient temp sensor is located in the n/s mirror head - The longer looms would be for the two oil pressure sensors as these leak through the tops and then contaminate the engine loom. I think the sensors are on their fourth reincarnation and the looms are a recent addition. In some extreme cases the oil has made it back to the engine ECU and f##ks that up as well.

Steve

We didn’t change the Ambient Sensor,just the oil pressure sensors and loom.(The diagnostics threw up the ambient thing but that fault cleared when the OPS’s were changed,so fark knows what was going on in the electronics…)
I’m changing the OPS’s and loom on our other Renault as a precaution.

We had that symbol come up on our Premiums. Ad blue filter change sorted it and been fine since. Try the simple stuff first before buying new cats and nox sensors.