Anyone know this Volvo F series thats still working on logs?

Bob1:
All, for more information about this truck and my father Bob Carmichael please see September’s issue of Truck and Driver you will find a 4 page interview and probably answers to your many questions!!! Many thanks.

Ive just brought Truck and Driver fantastic looking lorry I bet it will out live some of the modern ones we have today :sunglasses:

Heh…saw this truck, and got some pics of it, last August in Coventry, when it was collecting logs at one of the sheltered housing complexes I now maintain. it sounded wonderful!

So? Let’s see the pics then!

bestbooties:
So? Let’s see the pics then!

What?

Oh! Yes, sorry! :slight_smile:

[/img]

I seem to remenber reading an article about this wagon in one of the magazines in the not too distant past. If I am correct the owner said that he would keep it going as long as possible, as he thought it was up to the job as much as anything newer and it had given him very little trouble so far, so why change it. A good, honest, older motor still earning it’s crust!

I saw it last Friday at Junction 1 of the M27 and regularly see it on the M27/M3/A34, so obviously still going strong.

And it looks like a good working motor, not all ponced up.
Apart from the spots in the bumper, but he’s redeemed himself there by managing to knock one out. :unamused: :laughing:
Check the water, check the oil, sod the polish and earn some money. :laughing:

I wonder if he could ever go near London nowadays with all their bans? I really must dig out the photos I took 4 years ago at the Farm of this fantastic old wagon.

old volvo’s…it’s pretty hard to give them up,even for something newer and more comfortable…i’m glad to hear it’s local to me but i’ve never seen it on the road round here(coventry)…i’ll keep an eye for it.

ghinzani:
I really must dig out the photos I took 4 years ago at the Farm of this fantastic old wagon.

Can i speak for everyone when i say: “Yeah…we’d love to see your photos. Dig um out mate” :smiley:

Heres one of the old girl taken by MIKE T
A1 SOUTH - BUCKDEN near ST NEOTS

with a complete set of spots. :slight_smile:.noticed it is walsall registered,wonder
who had it from new.haywards ? :bulb:

curnock:
with a complete set of spots. :slight_smile:.noticed it is walsall registered,wonder
who had it from new.haywards ? :bulb:[/quote.

Can’t say who had this F88 from new but can shine some light who had it in the mid seventies Plant Eng Haulage From Colnbrook :slight_smile:
If you look in the( PIE 1978 thread )on this forum you can see a couple of their Volvos from the late seventies in the same blue and red
Interestingly that Volvo started life with us @ Plant Eng hauling plant all over Europe and even ventured to the Middle East Driven by Jonnie Parker :sunglasses:
It was only 240 but remember Parker tweaking it :stuck_out_tongue:
Was Geared for about 70 mph not bad for 1973 but crap for pulling a lowloader I remember :open_mouth:
but we got by LoL. :laughing:
Sorry checked out thr PIE 1978 shows the Scania not the two F12s one with the PIE trailer one with a lowloader with 38RB somewere in France :confused:

old skool kid:
Can’t say who had this F88 from new but can shine some light who had it in the mid seventies Plant Eng Haulage From Colnbrook :slight_smile:
If you look in the( PIE 1978 thread )

i wonder if this is the very volvo that was driven by a guy called peter that i mentioned in the PIE thread…i use to live in mill st colnbrook when i was kid until around 1975/76 where plant and enginenerring were based and was always hanging around in there yard and would often wash the F88 driven by pete …

spotted on the a14 at junction 3 yesterday…still looking good and going like a train. :smiley:

I saw it at junction 16 going south.
I used to own one same model 240 silver grill, but mine also had a 290 fitted, proper 290’s came out on N Reg. Wish I had one now.

i saw him twice last week, once on m25 and on a14, he was in truck and driver a couple of years back and i remember reading that he couldnt understand what the fuss was about and wouldnt take it to any shows, i think someone offered him 10k for it but said no, im sure thats what was said in t&d mag. :question:

pulled out of the yard this morning 19/08/09 and yes couldnt belive my eyes in guildford town centre was ADH 921L hauling a load of logs shes a beaut keep on trucking .

Saw it this morning post date on m3 soutbound excellent it has its own thread

spotted today 21st 8, now where was it? bottom of the M40 then again it could have been the M26, is this what happens as you get older?

Hi dieseldog6,
Well they do look all the same but there is only one junction on the M26 i hope you did not miss your turning :smiley: or where you were going :smiley: did you have to ring the boss and ask him what day it was and where you should be going :smiley: .Paul