Anyone know new wages at mulgrew haulage heysham

Anyone know new wages at mulgrew haulage heyshas m please they had pay rise professional clean company to work for really fancy working for them

gothika:
Anyone know new wages at mulgrew haulage heyshas m please they had pay rise professional clean company to work for really fancy working for them

They’re in Ellesmere Port truckstop, that’s a lot closer to Birkenhead!

A mindblowing £485 gross for 50hrs/week!!!
OT rates after the 10hr day but not mega hourly rates!!!

gothika:

Clean company? Shower of wannabe bullies who have a shocking attitude towards drivers. Cameras in the cab, never ending stream of emails and messages, you’ll be scrutinising every payslip because they’ll take every penny they can off you, paid by the minute not the hour. Act like they’re God’s gift to transport and consider yourself lucky to have a job with them.

There’s a reason the whole lot of their Cairnryan drivers walked away in one go, personally know 3 of them.

TheUncaringCowboy:

gothika:

Clean company? Shower of wannabe bullies who have a shocking attitude towards drivers. Cameras in the cab, never ending stream of emails and messages, you’ll be scrutinising every payslip because they’ll take every penny they can off you, paid by the minute not the hour. Act like they’re God’s gift to transport and consider yourself lucky to have a job with them.

There’s a reason the whole lot of their Cairnryan drivers walked away in one go, personally know 3 of them.

With the way things are you ARE lucky to have a job, whether it’s with them or anyone else.

TheUncaringCowboy:

gothika:

Is this true i ve never heard a bad thing about them a few drivers i spoke to said they don t bother u just do your job 10 an hour after 10 hrs 12 an hour this must hav been s long time ago i presume coz i ve not heard bad thing about them malcolms good company but heard drivers leave every week crap pay to drivers

gothika:

TheUncaringCowboy:

gothika:

Is this true i ve never heard a bad thing about them a few drivers i spoke to said they don t bother u just do your job 10 an hour after 10 hrs 12 an hour this must hav been s long time ago i presume coz i ve not heard bad thing about them malcolms good company but heard drivers leave every week crap pay to drivers

You presume wrong, this was less than 6 months ago.

Don’t know about Malcolm’s down there but in Scotland they’re another peanuts and monkeys mob, cameras in the cab too.

Don’t believe everything that drivers tell you when you ask about the firm they drive for.
My mate drivers for a firm in Leeds and is constantly hounded and pushed to the limit day in day out he is constantly tracked and getting in cab cameras fitted soon.
But if you ask him what it’s like he says “yes it’s ok they leave you alone etc and money ain’t bad”
He says that to convince himself it’s normal to be treated that way and won’t speak up,he hates the job but won’t admit it.
As for mulgrews I know nothing about them but any firm paying overtime after 10 hours not 8 and that has in cab cameras is to be avoided in my opinion.

Sounds Grewsome.

Ok, I’ll get my coat.

gothika:
10 an hour after 10 hrs 12 an hour

Geesh … are drivers still working for those rates in this modern day?

peirre:

gothika:

2 quid an hour extra after 10?
At least they are getting an element of ‘premium rate’, there are many drivers on same rate right through…me included. :cry:

robroy:
there are many drivers on same rate right through…me included. :cry:

I admit to being on flat rate, however my basic flat rate is north of those figures, and I do get roughly £2 per/hr more for any hours worked before 6am

DickyNick:

TheUncaringCowboy:

gothika:

With the way things are you ARE lucky to have a job, whether it’s with them or anyone else.

Maybe for you or the type of gormless attendant that Mulgrew attract.

yorkshire terrier:
Don’t believe everything that drivers tell you when you ask about the firm they drive for.
My mate drivers for a firm in Leeds and is constantly hounded and pushed to the limit day in day out he is constantly tracked and getting in cab cameras fitted soon.
But if you ask him what it’s like he says “yes it’s ok they leave you alone etc and money ain’t bad”
He says that to convince himself it’s normal to be treated that way and won’t speak up,he hates the job but won’t admit it.
As for mulgrews I know nothing about them but any firm paying overtime after 10 hours not 8 and that has in cab cameras is to be avoided in my opinion.

So someone thinks the job he’s in is ok but you think he’s lying and that you know better? Righty oh then…

switchlogic:

yorkshire terrier:

So someone thinks the job he’s in is ok but you think he’s lying and that you know better? Righty oh then…

No seriously I know this lad very well and he hates the place,his wife tells me he gets stressed over it and brings that stress home but if anyone he don’t know asks him how the job is he says it’s sound.
It’s like he is trying to convince himself it’s normal to be spoken to like dirt pushed to break the law and payed peanuts,I know he should grow a pair and speak up but he ain’t that sort of lad.
I’m currently trying to get him on at our place before his home life suffers anymore.
I also know the firm and 4 drivers left on Friday…he is the longest serving and been there just 3 year.

Fair enough.

peirre:

gothika:

Some don’t have an option. Its either that or the dole

huddersfield66:

peirre:

gothika:

And it all depends what area that you live in.
That is the reason that I have spent most of my career as an employed driver, working for firms out of my own area, (Essex and 2 in Europe).basing my truck at home.
The pay around my area is basically crap, but I’m presently working for the best in my area (of a very bad bunch btw :unamused: ) and doing a decent job that I quite like.

Northumberland about £150k for a 3 bed semi.
Folkestone about double that.

landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/uk … 01&lang=en
landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/uk … 01&lang=en

Of course there is more to it than just housing costs, but it accounts for a lot.
270k mortgage costs £1350 month
120k ditto £600
moneysavingexpert.com/mortg … alculator/

robroy:

huddersfield66:

peirre:

gothika:

And it all depends what area that you live in.
That is the reason that I have spent most of my career as an employed driver, working for firms out of my own area, (Essex and 2 in Europe).basing my truck at home.
The pay around my area is basically crap, but I’m presently working for the best in my area (of a very bad bunch btw :unamused: ) and doing a decent job that I quite like.

I live in Huddersfield and the pay for round here is crap really. I start somewhere tomorrow and the hourly rate is the best I’ve got yet on general haulage. Bearing in mind I’m class 2 the bell end I left yesterday was paying 10 an hour and you won’t get much higher than that round here