Anyone in thier 20's driving?

i’'m 27 been driving since 21 hardly see anyone my age group driving lorrys, what do you think is going to happen in the future? my mates take the mick because i drive it don’t bother me i just laugh it off but most people my age seem to think its one of the worst jobs to have, just got me thinking do you reckon there will be a major driver shortage problem in years to come.

Im 24 and been driving for a year, Bro in law been passed since he was 18 and hes now 21 (He’l be a trucker for life), cousins ust passed his C+E today and hes 22. And I also know of more people outwith the family that are in tehre 20’s driving… What jobs do your friends reckon suit a 20-29yr old?

This slight economic problem can only get better right?? :smiley::smiley:

Well I’m 24 and I’ve been trucks for about 18months and buses 6 months before that. None of my mates have taken the ■■■■, but I’d rather be going all round the country than sitting at a desk.

But their will probably be a shortage come 2014, coz no-one’s gonna wanna pay to renew their driver cpc and if the cost of doing the initial test rises too much I think people are gonna just look at something else.

im 21 passed my test in july, wanting to get out on the road as soon as a job comes up at oru place, wanted to be a lorry driver from a very young age its always been in my blood my dads a driver and my grandad was a driver, but i know what you meen theres not many young ones coming into the industry its a shame really.

I’ve just turned 30, been driving since 27.

Sure, you don’t see many drivers in their 20’s, maybe because a lot of people in their 20’s have greater ambitions than driving a lorry for the rest of their lives.

I pray to god that a driver shortage does happen. At least it will bring wages up with demand, rather than have a flooded market.

Paul.

i’m 24 going on 12 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: if that helps been driving trucks since i was 21 i love being a truck driver its all i ever wanted to do :wink:

530power:
i’'m 27 been driving since 21 hardly see anyone my age group driving lorrys, what do you think is going to happen in the future? my mates take the mick because i drive it don’t bother me i just laugh it off but most people my age seem to think its one of the worst jobs to have, just got me thinking do you reckon there will be a major driver shortage problem in years to come.

I’m 24 and been driving for same company for 2 years now, we are still failry busy and xmas is one of our busiest times of year.

I think when it picks up (and it will) their will be driver shorttages - it’s just a case of when really, i imagine supermarket/delivery drivers are running flat out judging by how busy it in the supermakets and stores at the minute and they must be needing drivers■■?

Can anybody confirm that■■?

im 25 been driving class 1 for 18 mths now and i do get some funny looks coz im a short arse and a baby face most of my mates have got crappy office jobs rather them than me though

didn’t realise there was a few young bloods on here i wonder how many of us are on this site.

few of my mates are office bods one is a part time footballer and a few in the building trade, diesel is in my blood dont think i’ll ever change.

same here live for trucks and women lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i’m 23 been driving a year now and love it, passed my rigid test november last year and a week later passed my arctic, and been driving artic’s ever since :smiley:

I am 27 and have been driving for 18 months, there is 2 or 3 other drivers around my age at our firm.

im 24 and i love it. its great for looking down females tops at the lights! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

joedwyer1:
im 24 and i love it. its great for looking down females tops at the lights! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So your the truck driver i keep having to blow my horn at then the lights turn green back to red 5 times before you move… :imp: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 23, been doing it for about a year now. Plenty of young blood about, you just can’t see us for all the old fatties :wink:

Alex

im 25 and passed my class c+e 4 months. I think that you should do a job you like doing. I always enjoyed driving since I passed my car test at 17.

im 24 with another fella at our depot being 25 - been driving for a few year and shunting for a few year before that, i get a good wage and spend most of my working day sleeping :laughing: so i cant complain.

as for driver shortage, there is 7 or 8 drivers at our depot who are due to retire in the next 5 years and coupled with this cpc it may put people off joining the industry - with agency drivers having to pay for it themselves they may just chuck it.

ha ha truck driver. you are joking. chance would be a fine thing. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Im 24 been driving for 2 and a half years, class 2 started off in dustcarts and now delivering paper to printers

am 22 nearly 23 passed my class 1 wen i was 21 an my class 2 wen i was 19 through the young driver scheme,

i love my job wudnt change it 4 the world

also am a nvq lv 3 fitter so i have that to fall back on to wen its slack !