Anyone got an open fire? Boris

Hero to some on here Boris Johnson to ban coal and wet logs…

Link from the Mail who are routinely defending him…

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ution.html

These LibDem in all but name Tory zb’s are in the pockets of big business.Both covering the country in concrete and rail lines and creating a captive market for the nuclear energy producers.At around 20 p per kwh to start and probably double that when they’ve succeeded in removing all the other options which is the obvious plan.Let alone road fuel duty added to that.Proud to say that I didn’t vote for this total bunch of zb’s nor any of the other controlled opposition muppets.

You really have a hard on for Boris dont you.

No, it’s a ban on certain types of coal and wet wood. Manufactured solid coal aka briquettes is fine as is dried wood.

Mountain, molehill.

As an owner of a woodburner I will not be banned from burning wood. Its just that my “green” wood has to sit for 6 months to dry out.
I do that anyway as burning green wood is both innefiecient and also damaging to my chimney.
Next!!

albion:
No, it’s a ban on certain types of coal and wet wood. Manufactured solid coal aka briquettes is fine as is dried wood.

Mountain, molehill.

2,250,000 tonnes of logs and 350,000 tonnes of household coal isn’t a molehil…

msgyorkie:
As an owner of a woodburner I will not be banned from burning wood. Its just that my “green” wood has to sit for 6 months to dry out.
I do that anyway as burning green wood is both innefiecient and also damaging to my chimney.
Next!!

So anyone unlucky enough not to have a log store will have to source dry wood, still at least you’re ok Jack…

It’s only house coal aka Polish coal which is being banned and I personally don’t use it as it is a filthy fuel which clogs up the flue very quickly. I generally burn a mix of Excel and anthracite which will both still be available.

I do sometimes burn the odd chopped up pallet but the law won’t affect that.

Darkside:
So anyone unlucky enough not to have a log store will have to source dry wood, still at least you’re ok Jack…

[/quote]
If you didnt have room to store wood you shouldnt really have bought a woodburner ffs!!!

Burning wet wood is not only incredibly inefficient, it’s also very dangerous. Wet wood creates creosote, creosote lines your chimney, your chimney catches fire…

This shouldn’t effect anyone, but the usual suspects come out slamming the government for it. If comrade Corbyn had come with this, they’d be perfectly happy with it.

Not only that, but you obviously haven’t actually read the whole thing, as bulk deliveries of both wet wood and coal aren’t being banned.

Just watched one of my neighbours happily dragging another load of old wood out of his van to chop up and send up the chimney, there’s about 3 of them round here with them wood burners, like living in the 1890’s sometimes,bloody smoke , none of them are too fussy what they burn.

albion:

Mountain, molehill.

We’ve had the clean air act in this area for decades which only allows the use of smokeless fuel and we had coal fired central heating well into the 1980’s and only changed because of the convenience and ( at that time ) cost.I’m guessing by ‘briquettes’ you means similar to what were often called ‘nuts’ here bought by the bag.Which were an expensive option and which quickly burnt to ash without giving out much heat.Anthracite was always the default choice for us being top quality coal which put out loads of heat and was clean burning.Bearing in mind all that what exactly is Bozo actually moaning about.Smokeless fuel has been a non issue since the end of the 1950’s and it certainly never meant the enforced use of only ‘nuts’/‘briquettes’.

While it’s clear that the end game is removing even the choice of even gas let alone coal.All done under the ‘Climate Emergency’ banner.

Harry Monk:
It’s only house coal aka Polish coal which is being banned and I personally don’t use it as it is a filthy fuel which clogs up the flue very quickly. I generally burn a mix of Excel and anthracite which will both still be available.

I do sometimes burn the odd chopped up pallet but the law won’t affect that.

^ Effectively burning any ‘coal’ other than anthracite has been banned here around London since the end of the 1950’s.Bojo is obviously up to something else or it would be a non issue.

It’s me they’re after :blush: 2 fires 24/7 September to may .coal logs anything that burns :open_mouth:

Darkside:

This was announced 18 months ago long before Boris became PM. If you’re going to have a go at him at least try to not make yourself look a clueless fool.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45225406

Conor:

Darkside:

This was announced 18 months ago long before Boris became PM. If you’re going to have a go at him at least try to not make yourself look a clueless fool.

Love it when a poster gets shot down in flames :laughing: :laughing:

There are a lot of woodburners where we live but they mostly have it delivered in tonne bags. At the farm where I used to do some work they leave ‘green wood’ for twelve months before even attempting to burn it.

Pete.

As I understand it, wood drying time depends on species and size of wood. All the stuff near me is sold as at least two years old. The oak is usually 4 or more years old. Ive been burning some this winter that I bought at least years back so that is 6 yrs seasoned, or older. Burned with no smoke, very little ash. Ill bet the chimney will have no more than a little residue when its swept come summer. . Shouldnt need saying, but don`t burn old waste fence posts or other treated woods. Some treatments included heavy metals and metalloids…arsenic to name one.
It gives a bit of a whizz to your BBQ flavours!

The best wood of all is what the farmers plough up from the land here in the Fens. Its called black wood and its oak thats been sitting underground for a long time. You have to cut is when its not long pulled out cos when it dries its as hard as rock. But by eck its burns for a long time in the burner!

Conor:

Darkside:

But Bojo’s manifesto said nothing about all this Climate bs to the point of effectively banning the use of fossil fuels,including gas let alone coal of whatever type.Which is what this agenda is all about.While then keeping us tied to the EU’s Paris Accord obviously to the advantage of French nuclear energy producers.On that note it’s obvious that he means all coal use including smokeless fuel.All part of creating a captive market for the nuclear power industry.Good luck with that with a 25kw boiler at 20p per kwh.

express.co.uk/news/politics/ … nson-green

Just like the Tories manifesto locally said they are the Party of protection of the Green Belt.

This LibDem in all but name zbwit has no mandate to carry on with May’s LibDem type lunacy.

That black wood is coal in juvenile form. I had a multi fuel stove when I lived out in the sticks and burnt most of my household rubbish in it.