Anyone got an open fire? Boris

I live near one ,filthy stinking things…good riddance all I can say

Does any one burn anthracite in a Firefox stove? Or similar stove
At min i use bags of coal.
Supertherm ovals.
Was looking at anthracite. As apparantly.it burns hot but somone told me cant use it in a forfox .as it gets to hot will crack the glass and the stove.
It only for use in an aga oven.
Just wondered if this was true?

edd1974:
Supertherm ovals.
Was looking at anthracite. As apparantly.it burns hot but somone told me cant use it in a forfox .as it gets to hot will crack the glass and the stove.

Firefox manual:
heatdesign.ie/wp-content/upload … an2013.pdf
“Recommended Fuels
Seasoned wood—moisture content less than 20%
Solid fuel—Anthracite large nuts, briquette smokeless fuel i.e. Ancit, Phurnacite,
Taybrite, Homefire Ovals suitable for closed appliances.
Please note that when refuelling with solid fuel do not pile fuel higher than 30 degrees
from the front bar rearwards—overfuelling can produce temperatures beyond the designed rating of the appliance, causing damage to internal parts.”
Looks OK, but don`t over load it.

edd1974:
Supertherm ovals.

Not seen a Firefox before but I burn anthracite briquettes in a Stratford eco boiler to do my water they are good but not as hot as other coal coke mixtures I’ve had ,can’t see it doing you any harm after all a stove is meant to be controllable so cut the air down if looks to be hotter than looks good for it .

edd1974:
Supertherm ovals.

We had one of these similar types with a back boiler.It was a lovely thing and got as hot as hell 24/7 using anthracite.Used to warm the chimney to the point where we didn’t even need the radiator in the main bedroom that the chimney went through.

It does crack the glass panels eventually but no problem to replace as they are all narrow individual strips of heat resistant glass and last ages before they crack and never all at once.

pinterest.co.uk/pin/377809856211289050/

I’m sure the retrograde primitive modern day multi fuel spec type stoves can also handle the heat.

Although it seems obvious that Bozo is referring to a ban on all types of fossil fuel.This muppet is a liability and the mugs have given him 5 years to create havoc.

Punchy Dan:
Not seen a Firefox before but I burn anthracite briquettes in a Stratford eco boiler to do my water they are good but not as hot as other coal coke mixtures I’ve had ,can’t see it doing you any harm after all a stove is meant to be controllable so cut the air down if looks to be hotter than looks good for it .

Don’t think that ‘briquettes’/nuts ? are the same thing as anthracite ?.Anthracite is a small type of coal with a shiny outside texture with a heat output second to none.While nuts were always known for their expense and useless output.During the 1970’s the coal merchant sometimes found it difficult to source anthracite and filled the bunkers with waste of space ‘nuts’ instead.I can still remember my Dad moaning about it when he did it.I think from memory they were made from compressed coal dust moulded to shape ?.

Punchy Dan:
It’s me they’re after :blush: 2 fires 24/7 September to may .coal logs anything that burns :open_mouth:

Don’t say that, you upset a few on here, bet that where your scrap tyres go as well :laughing:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

Don’t think that ‘briquettes’/nuts ? are the same thing as anthracite ?.Anthracite is a small type of coal with a shiny outside texture with a heat output second to none.While nuts were always known for their expense and useless output.During the 1970’s the coal merchant sometimes found it difficult to source anthracite and filled the bunkers with waste of space ‘nuts’ instead.I can still remember my Dad moaning about it when he did it.I think from memory they were made from compressed coal dust moulded to shape ?.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briquette#Coal_briquettes
" Phurnacite used the following mix:[4]
Bituminous coal, 25%
Steam coal, 45%
Dry steam coal, 22%
Pitch, 8%"

When I was on the coal rounds Phurnacite was more expensive than natural grade C coal.
From memory, we never did A
B was kin big lumps. Difficult to get a fair measure in the sack. (And hard on your shoulders!) Cwas the most popular choice for home use. Dincluded some small and dusty bits.GrainsandBeans were small and well sorted. Some tugs were still running on them in the mid 70s! Went to large automated boilers such as schools etc.

pierrot 14:

Conor:

Darkside:
Hero to some on here Boris Johnson to ban coal and wet logs…

Link from the Mail who are routinely defending him…

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ution.html

This was announced 18 months ago long before Boris became PM. If you’re going to have a go at him at least try to not make yourself look a clueless fool.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45225406

Love it when a poster gets shot down in flames :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
now now,be fair.
its usually conor getting it.
every dog has his day sooner or later… :laughing:

shot-down.jpg

Franglais:

Carryfast:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briquette#Coal_briquettes
" Phurnacite used the following mix:[4]
Bituminous coal, 25%
Steam coal, 45%
Dry steam coal, 22%
Pitch, 8%"

When I was on the coal rounds Phurnacite was more expensive than natural grade C coal.
From memory, we never did A
B was kin big lumps. Difficult to get a fair measure in the sack. (And hard on your shoulders!) Cwas the most popular choice for home use. Dincluded some small and dusty bits.GrainsandBeans were small and well sorted. Some tugs were still running on them in the mid 70s! Went to large automated boilers such as schools etc.

Don’t see where you differentiate between anthracite v all the rest within that.I don’t ever remember my Dad ordering coal in those terms.Only Anthracite v all the rest.‘Ordinary’ ‘coal’ being banned in our area from around the 1950’s.

While here on planet Bozo ‘nuts’ now seem to be anthracite.While ‘nuts’ as I knew the term are now ‘ovoids’.I’m starting to believe more and more in the Mandela Effect :confused: :confused:

coalmerchantsfederation.co.u … ess-ovoids

coalmerchantsfederation.co.u … anthracite

Punchy Dan:
It’s me they’re after :blush: 2 fires 24/7 September to may .coal logs anything that burns :open_mouth:

And.

That’s only to keep the wagon ticking over :smiley:

Beau Nydel:

Punchy Dan:

And.

That’s only to keep the wagon ticking over :smiley:

:smiley: if I lived a little closer to the M1 notts north Derbys area I’d definitely be digging my self a mine ,no joke .all we got here is limestone n lead .