Anyone got a xmas bonus?

Got a lovely surprise when I got back to the yard last week in a xmas card from the gaffer handwritten with the message “ Merry xmas Steve and a happy new year from Steve “Taff” Mallinson” with a letter included to say the due to us getting a new contract and things going well that management can pass on a xmas bonus to us drivers this year to the tune of £350 :open_mouth: Due to the fact of 10 years or over service with the company.
They paid bonus on an amount of service system of
Up to a year £50
1-5 year £150
5-10 year £250
10 years and over £350
First ever time we’ve had a bonus but it does make you feel more appreciated and valued as an employee and not a number. Also it was the works xmas do 2 week ago and there was a buffet laid on and drink paid for all night for all staff and their partners. It’s still a family run company and not one of the big blue chip companies and here’s hoping it stays that way.

We used to get a xmas card with a £1 scratch card in it,this year we just got a xmas card…cut backs I expect :smiley:
Wife got a bonus of 10% of her yearly salary on Friday,and they have paid her full pay for the last 11 months whilst she has been off work battling cancer…she works for a small family company who have looked after her impeccably since diagnosis.

I got given all the vehicle keys and told to go in during the holiday to start the trucks up and run them for a while… does that count?

£30 Asda voucher, and a card, hand written mind ! ! !
Better than a kick in the ging gang goulies…

One company used to give us a big turkey each. Nice. Didnt have to, and appreciated. But it wasnt mentioned beforehand so we all had to order one anyway, so ended up with two! Still it always found a use later, if not sooner.
EDIT same company paid for Christmas dinner-dance and drinks at an hotel, drivers were responsible for paying for their room. Good deal. Started great, but ended up with police called one year, and a divorce threat etc etc. . . . Good while it lasted!

All Agro Merchant employee’s got £50 tax free in wages this week,
something thankfully has been carried on from Sawyers Transport.

Not “breaking any delf” but better than sweet FA!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

£100 in wages and £40 cash in card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diddly-squat, but then I’m agency so I wasn’t expecting anything. I did get served a Christmas dinner when I was tipping at Co-op in Coventry a couple of weeks ago and I did genuinely appreciate that, because they could have said it was for staff only.

A tub of quality street and a bottle of wine :angry: but In other news I’ve got another service day , with being there 10 years ,taking my yearly hols to 27 plus bank holidays :wink:

£100 in the bank, a box of quality streets and some beers. I’m chuffed with that and to top it off I won a bottle of whiskey in the Xmas raffle

I got a tenner but I’ve not been there long. Apparently the full year nets you £150 in the wage pack

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Got a lovely surprise when I got back to the yard last week in a xmas card from the gaffer handwritten with the message “ Merry xmas Steve and a happy new year from Steve “Taff” Mallinson” with a letter included to say the due to us getting a new contract and things going well that management can pass on a xmas bonus to us drivers this year to the tune of £350 :open_mouth: Due to the fact of 10 years or over service with the company.
They paid bonus on an amount of service system of
Up to a year £50
1-5 year £150
5-10 year £250
10 years and over £350
First ever time we’ve had a bonus but it does make you feel more appreciated and valued as an employee and not a number. Also it was the works xmas do 2 week ago and there was a buffet laid on and drink paid for all night for all staff and their partners. It’s still a family run company and not one of the big blue chip companies and here’s hoping it stays that way.

Can’t knock that at all!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I got 20 cans, a box of biscuits and a tub of heros.

Plus £300 extra in the wages this week, there are only 10 of us though.

It’s nice to work in a small company where you know you’re appreciated.

70 quid and a meal all paid for. Didn’t expect anything after only being here a couple of months so was nice. Definitely appreciated after the week.

got a very impressive christmas hamper, must have cost a few bob.
Im happy.

200 quid

Kick in the shins…

No bonus No card No thank you No happy christmas .Good working for a large company

Fuw kall :smiling_imp:

Not been with my lot long but have been assured by long serving colleagues we get fork all either…