Anyone got a stinker?

Out of those of us,who haven’t broke up,already…has anyone been shafted?

I’m empty down to Watford,for a collection that isn’t normally ready,till late afternoon/teatime.

Been told to start 2.5 hours earlier than the norm…so fingers crossed

Gonna start at stupid o clock in Andover, got to do a trailer change about a mile from where I’m parked and then back to the yard. Should be home for 9am.

I won’t be that early.
Dinner at best.

a real bad one I have to get up have my breakfast and then to pub no idea what time I will get back lol

6am start. 1 drop Sheffield, 1 drop Chesterfield. Then 10am tip and reload at Bestwicks Chesterfield. Aiming for lunch time finish, then off until January

finished today back in 11.30 boxing day, does that count?

Finished at 3.45pm, off until the 4th January and start a new job!!!

In at 08:00, don’t know what I’m doing yet. Clearance from the Hub maybe or a couple of drops at Magna Park. Not expecting to work much past mid-day.

In at 7am tomorrow. Hoping to finish well before 6pm.

Been home since yesterday, spend today doing some shopping, and tonight sampled a new .malt. the malt is very nice…

Finished at 1pm on Thursday. Planner made sure we all had a local job to do. I work for a decent company that looks after its staff. :smiley:

Finished 10:15am yesterday morning. Off now until January 2nd.

Last year at my old lace I had a semi-regular run (2/3 times a week) from Rugby to Barnard Castle, one drop and return. So ingot to know the guys and they told me they weren’t in Xmas Eve.

So the night before Xmas Eve I got given Barnard Castle for Xnas Eve. Told the office they’d be closed but instead of acting upon it they sent me on a 500 mile round trip ‘just in case’ so I ended up driving up there, phoning up to tell them it was definitely closed then driving back again :unamused:

Started 23rd 19:00 finished 05:00 today 24th.
Off Xmas day.
Starting 17:00 Boxing day
in the 27th, 28th, 29,30,31st

Happy days :smiley:

I find it hard to turn down bank holiday pay £32ph+

That’s me loaded with all of 5 boxes.
Time to burn.

Started at 7.15am and done for 10am.
Sat at home on the bog now. [emoji1787]

First year in 24 that I have the week off . Finished last night and I’m off to 3Jan . When I was pulling fridges we normally worked to dinnertime Christmas eve and we always needed people to go on the boat on Boxing day evening . Thats fridge work - we will have some guys doing that but I have drifted away from fridges to curtains and flats , last time I had a fridge on was September and although I do like a nice fridge to pull as it looks smart I dont miss the just in time pressure that comes with fresh food deliveries .
Look on the bright side - the roads should be quiet on Christmas day , the DVSA weighbridges wont be open so get the foot down and get it done ( unless your hourly paid then hang it out ) :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
Have a good one no matter what your plans are - mine involves lots of good malt whiskey .

toonsy:
they sent me on a 500 mile round trip ‘just in case’ so I ended up driving up there, phoning up to tell them it was definitely closed then driving back again :unamused:

:laughing: Outstanding. Transport planners, eh? I would have told the gaffer and made sure those fuel costs were dropped on the TPs toes just for their stupidity.

Spare a thought at this time of year for the guys doing bin wagon work, but more especially those doing recycling work.

Even more so the private company drivers doing public access sites like supermarket recycling facilities. An annual massive “up your’s driver!” from the general public :imp: Especially when the company expects you to clean the site up completely.

My biggest Xmas present is the knowledge I won’t be out on Boxing Day cleaning up after society takes a huge dump. :sunglasses:

I finished work on the 10th and I’m currently sat at the poolside in Fuertaventura at the end of my 10 days stay, and heading home this afternoon. Hopefully there will be no traffic chaos on the M1 by the time I jump in the car at east mids airport sometime after 9pm this evening. Then I start my 10 days isolation until I get the results of my day 2 test, with a fridge already stocked up with food and beer and I’m not due back in work till 3rd January

toonsy:
Finished 10:15am yesterday morning. Off now until January 2nd.

Last year at my old lace I had a semi-regular run (2/3 times a week) from Rugby to Barnard Castle, one drop and return. So ingot to know the guys and they told me they weren’t in Xmas Eve.

So the night before Xmas Eve I got given Barnard Castle for Xnas Eve. Told the office they’d be closed but instead of acting upon it they sent me on a 500 mile round trip ‘just in case’ so I ended up driving up there, phoning up to tell them it was definitely closed then driving back again :unamused:

I thought my place was bad at planning [emoji23]