Anyone fancy canada

i caught the ad in truck and driver and checked out the website but it does not mention total costs.
has anyone heard of this company or is it an old company thats had a change of name. those in the know will get my drift. :wink:

www.esirecruitment.com

This is as I have said in the other message about this ad … A SCAM

there are plenty of people who have emmirated to canada.
i dont beleive that the companies involved are all scammers.
i emailed esi recruitment to find out a bit more and they seem quite genuine.
after filling out the various forms and meeting the criteria you are sent for an interview with the canadian consulate.after succesfully passing this interview
your details will be passed on to potential employes. once you recieve and accept a job offer you will be issued with your permit to work. then and only then will you have to pay the charges to esi which are ÂŁ1500.
regards
dave

www.esirecruitment.com

check it out.

Contact the consulate your self and you will find the cost of the relative forms are infact 300 pounds. I spent 18 months and thousands going through immigation only to be told by INS “You need not have spent all that money, just apply on your own for $450.”
The Canadian system is the same.
I have a friend who has been driving HGV1 for years in England, he wants to move to Montreal, he has a great deal of funding but it is taking lot’s of time and is vitualy hopeless and his fiance is a resident.

DO IT ALL YOURSELF AND SAVE A GRAND (at least)

Just asked the wife what it cost us to file my immigration forms etc to move to the USA and it was 375 quid…If you want to try Canada I would do your homework and file your forms yourself and save yourself a fortune. Its like Pat has said these companys may or may not be ligit but they are charging you for something you can do yourself.

Bully

Bully:
Just asked the wife what it cost us to file my immigration forms etc to move to the USA and it was 375 quid…If you want to try Canada I would do your homework and file your forms yourself and save yourself a fortune. Its like Pat has said these companys may or may not be ligit but they are charging you for something you can do yourself.

Bully

Thank you Bully. :slight_smile:

Hi guys. This is my first post. I’ve been reading all the posts on “driving in Canada”.
I recently attended an interview in Oxford, arranged by esirecruitment for a company within “Kindersley Transport”.
I passed the interview & have been offered the job.
I have to arrange all of the necessary paperwork. I received authorisation from the HRDC to apply for my work permit which will cost $150 (about ÂŁ70)
I have not been asked for any cash up front from esi, but on arrival in Canada I have to pay ÂŁ750.
I have started to worry about the posts posted by Pat, & am going to ring the Canadian Embassy tomorrow to try & verify whether this opportunity is legit or not.
I have been a member on the Canadian site for a few months now, & the feedback on this “driving in Canada” has been very helpful.
I’ll let you all know at the weekend how I got on with the Embassy
Thanx, Steve

Some months ago I had an online row with the guy who runs this company and he told all of us that the total cost was 4 grand, that is about $9,000 (can).

I was threatened with actual harm by them if I didn’t but out :exclamation:

hey lads, i think i would listen to the lads like pat and bully who have already moved to overseas destinations.these guys are only trying to save you’s some of your hard earned cash.but if you’s want to chuck your money away then carry on,we can’t stop you.good luck in your applications :wink: :wink:

Hey guys, when I moved here to the USA, I did all of the paperwork MYSELF, I hired no attorney, no agent, nobody did anything including all of the legwork in London, and of course the endless ICE interviews here in the States.

I WOULD NEVER pay for someone to do it for me, unless I was desparate to pour my money down the drain, and personally giving these companies my money would be like spending another losing weekend in Las Vegas, a guaranteed loser…!!!

I don’t know so much about Canada, but from a US perspective, without the usual “blood relative, wife/huband, or US military service” its really very hard to get here. You can do it, but the cost is almost prohibitive, even if you do get the appointment, which almost definitely is the green light to come to the US, appointment at the embassy in London, it doesn’t stop the costs mounting when you get here with the crap and days off you HAVE to take for ICE interviews. It isn’t an option to miss or cancel one of these appointments, as they can take upto a year to get and they look very badly on your application if you just don’t show because of work commitments. We had to go to ours with a 5 month old baby and stand in the Arizona sun for three hours in the middle of May, they don’t care what you have to do, except that you better be there. Not to mention the cost of relocation from the UK, bringing a family, I personally wouldn’t want to do it, the cost is most likely incredible.

But, don’t get me wrong, if you REALLY REALLY want to do it, nothing that is said on this or any other website is gonna stop you. I know the first time I tried and got blown out, I didn’t give up and I tried again a year or two later, now I’ve been here over 5 years. But I think I was one of the lucky few.

Good Luck and be safe everyone

Stuart

Ditto, Pat, Bully & Munchman. (I did mine myself too)

You others are bloody crazy to spend the kind of money these companies are asking for.

I’m Canadian, and don’t know everything about immigrating to Canada, but I do know that truck drivers are not at the top of the list of requirements.
The last I read there is a points system, and you are assigned points for all your qualifications.
Are you English- French bilingual?
What is you education level?
What is your health situation?
How many people are you bringing with you?
How much money do you have?

There are businesses that take advantage of people’s lack of knowlege.
Check the internet;
there is all sorts of information at
www.gc.ca

I belive there are councillors at the Canadian Embassy who specialize in answering prospective immigrant’s questions.

I would be very leery of a company that charges a large sum of money to do something that you can do yourself.
Check the regulations, do your homework.
You’ll save money and possible disappointment.

Bluejaysfan:
I’m Canadian, and don’t know everything about immigrating to Canada, but I do know that truck drivers are not at the top of the list of requirements.
The last I read there is a points system, and you are assigned points for all your qualifications.
Are you English- French bilingual?
What is you education level?
What is your health situation?
How many people are you bringing with you?
How much money do you have?

There are businesses that take advantage of people’s lack of knowlege.
Check the internet;
there is all sorts of information at
www.gc.ca

I belive there are councillors at the Canadian Embassy who specialize in answering prospective immigrant’s questions.

I would be very leery of a company that charges a large sum of money to do something that you can do yourself.
Check the regulations, do your homework.
You’ll save money and possible disappointment.

This is the correct way to do it, but even with over 100, 000 sounds to my Friend’s name and a Canadian Fiance he still doesn’t qualify.
If you are going to do it then do it through the Canadian Embassy and save a small fortune.

Of course this company sounds legit, they want your money, they will not answer the phone and other comunication by saying "No ! we are not legit, we ar trying to make a fast buck " are they.

In this country and Canada, when companies need drivers or other staff they pay all relocation costs providing you stay with them for a certain period, If the trucking company really wants drivers that bad why have they got no advertisements running in mags and other publications on this side of the Atlantic ? Why are the making the driver pay all this money.

In a few months, after being in Canada (if you get that far) and your savings have run out, you find you are stuck in a virtual ‘slave labour’ position with no legal status, you will wish you had never heard of ESI.

dave:
there are plenty of people who have emmirated to canada.
i dont beleive that the companies involved are all scammers.
i emailed esi recruitment to find out a bit more and they seem quite genuine.
after filling out the various forms and meeting the criteria you are sent for an interview with the canadian consulate.after succesfully passing this interview
your details will be passed on to potential employes. once you recieve and accept a job offer you will be issued with your permit to work. then and only then will you have to pay the charges to esi which are ÂŁ1500.
regards
dave

www.esirecruitment.com

check it out.

Dave 1,500 quid = 4 grand in Canada, the cost of immigration process including forms is only 450 canadian dollars. … now whos running a scam :question:

I wondered what all the fuss was with this canadian scam and tried the website. I did an online test and passed but at the second hurdle which was
Canadian Migration Eligibility Assessment I failed that part on grounds of Job Experience and Age. I probably failed because i am not married a s well

Since then I have been inundated with emails from this company about how they can help, some of them seem a little threatening, although no one can frighten me with words or electric mail. I am now getting nearly daily mail from companies in Australia offering Canadian migration and jobs, They are offering letters of introduction, language training and job placement, for a fee of course

How many times has this topic been discussed here? Or is this the same thread? One thing you guys have to realize… if the Canadian government was so hard up for drivers, they’d be recruiting for themselves. These are private companies charging over 4-5 times the usual immigration costs, and have no government offiliation. I bet if you read the fine print you’ll see something written to the effect of … “we cannot guarantee approval of your application by the Canadian Immigration Officials”… You’re paying for the Immigration paperwork through this company, then you’re paying them to mail it for you… if the immigration costs are $450 canadian, and you’re paying them 1500 quid… do the math. 1500 quid is between $3000-$4000 Canadian dollars, depending on the exchange rate. So you’re paying them over 1200 quid for them to post your application and make a couple phone calls for ya… hell, I’ll do it for 1000, save ya a few pounds.

Pat and I spent a lot of money on an immigration attorney when we filed for him. (thought it was a good idea at the time cause he was here illegally… ssshhhhh :wink: ). She did nothing but mail the application from her office after WE filled it all out, spent two hours talking to us, and charged us an unbelievable amount of money. She never even showed up for our final INS interview… nice huh?

Bottom line is that it just isn’t as simple as these companies want you to think. If you have a legitimate right to move to the US or Canada, you don’t need a liason company or an immigration attorney… they won’t deny you if you’re entitled. I think this company that Dave’s talking about is the one that Pat looked into a few months ago. The guy sent some extremely threatening emails to him, and I sent a few back that weren’t so nice either… you guys know how I can be, right? haha He eventually blocked our email address. If he’d been legitimate, he would have taken the time to explain how his process works, especially since Pat has so many friends that would like to emigrate. If he’d been on the up and up, think of how much business he could have gotten from Pat’s friends…

If you guys want to blow your money, then go for it… you’ve been warned, and thats all these guys can do. Seems like their experience should tell ya something though.

I totally agree Kate,

I had missed all the early posts so was trying to catch up with this thread. I only filled out the form to be nosey :confused: , The response I got would put me off for good.

I think the site I got was a back door for the (how can I say this) less than honest applicant from a dark continent.

I know a guy who went to Canada around 12 months ago.

He had made his money as a succesful 1 man band eventually operating 2 artics,a couple of 7.5 tonners and a handful of vans.

He bulit a large house himself,eventually selling it in excess of 7 figures, and selling his company out-right.

He hasn’t worked since he has been in Canada.

I heard last week that he wants to invest some money in a new business in the U.K…?

He wanted to set up a new life and drive in Canada…

Got my work visa boys off next month to work for yanke out of saskatoon

Kepp us up to date on how it goes, how much it cost you, and what the works like will you? Many, many interested ears will listen to your words.