Anyone fancy canada

mackattack:
Got my work visa boys off next month to work for yanke out of saskatoon

Good luck to you, I hope you daidn’t pay ESI for anything because all they did was get you the forms and submit them (cost $450).

I hope you don’t get ripped off. Just check everything twice over and read the small print before signing anything.

Pat & Kate, You know the saying …you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink? well, this is a similar situation here., no matter what we say or tell these people they are gonna do what they want in the end anyway…so why bother! :unamused:

I think you are right Cliff, so I wil try and say no more, just let them learn the hard way and hope they don’t get too upset when they find out that they could do it all by just contacting the Imigration services and doing a search for Canadian companies that would sponser them.

I just hate to see ESI making about 3 grand profit out of guys with dreams.

OK I gotta ask! :open_mouth: :confused:

I know alikat drives old class2
So I have been reading that she wants to go to Canada/USA to drive 70ft artics :confused:

how will this be possible? can people drive artics in the Americas without a vocational licence? can anyone just drive artics?

if not why would anyone expect to drive over there without a class 1 licence?

Sorry for asking but I can’t get my head arround this!

As I’ve said before on the Ex-pats forum,I went to USA on harvest in 2002 and within 7 days I had passed the CDL and could drive any type of truck including ADR/Triple trailers and all for the total cost of around £50!!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

But she will have to take a theory test and an on road test.

As I have said before, insurace companies insist that drivers prove two years experience or a full training course, Alli will need the later. :exclamation:

And what’s the difference with a professional driver with 5 years rigid truck experience at up to 32tonnes, having a week of training, and moving up a bit?
Would you start saying it would be wrong of me to take out a 44t truck here straight after passing my class 1■■? Note here that they may be 70’ long, but they gross out at 36t usually. This is 4t over what I drive most days here. Yeah, I’ll have to get used to reversing bendy motors… but doesn’t everyone?
Besides, it’s the average motor over there. IT’S JUST LIKE A NOVICE GUYS! Chill out. You used to do the class 1 with only a car licence, and now you complain at experienced drivers getting a new, bigger motor? Relax, it’ll be fine.

The CDL theory test is a joke!!! passed most of it 100% first time of trying because of the multiple choice answers on the computer screen and I only started reading the driving test books on the flight over!!! :wink: As for the actual truck driving test, it consisted of 20 mins of driving round a small “hick” town in N.Dakota crunching that dam rangechange box like nobodys business and the tester didn’t bat an eyelid. :laughing: Some farmers sons That went over with me had never even sat in an Artic before but passed all the CDL tests first time and Altendorf Harvesting where saying at the end of the season that they where among the best truck drivers they had ever had because they didn’t have any bad truck driving habits before going on harvest :confused:

I had an argument with the examiner on my CDL test but still passed.
He told me to reverse park into a space behind a car, pointing to the road side, there was no car there but he told me to imagine there was. I put the truck into reverse and he told me I should have got out and walked behind to make sure there was nothing behind, I told him I could see there was nothing behind but he insisted and got out himself to check. I reversed into the imaginary space and he re-entered the cab. I told him that walking behind was pointless because after getting back in the cab someone else could drive up behind.
He passed my because in his own words “Ok, some of the things you did were not exactly US regulation, but I can see that you know what you are doing”
Time on test 20 minutes, I failed one section of the theory test because I never read the book, the lady pointed out my errors and I sat right down again, re took it and passed. :laughing: