Anyone fancy a Fri/Sat/Sun job?

My Boss is looking for a couple of Weekend Sat/Sun class one drivers, with the option of a Friday if wanted. Take home would be £90 per day after tax/NI, £270 for the three days, you would be sharing the truck with me, its a nice clean Scania.
Work is from Aldi depot in Chelmsford, 3/4 am start normally finished by 3/4pm, trailer already loaded for first run to a store, you tip, return to depot load trailer go to another store tip and back home! 85% driving, 15% tip & loading. Might suit someone looking for a part time job, its a good reliable friendly company, with a nice fleet of scanias!!
Anyone interested drop me a Pm with contact info and i’ll call ya back with all the info about the work!

Nice one for posting it on here, might suit someone, no use to me and IMHO I think the rate is a little low for weekends, used to get £90 / day mon - fri for a subby on box work.

But, that’s not a go, just an observation :smiley:

If I lived a bit closer, I would bite your hand off!

Thanks for posting it, though.

Now if anyone has a similar position near North West London…

Funny, supposed shortage of drivers, but he cant find anyone interested :unamused:
Thats why i posted it on here, thought it might help!!

As Wayne said it’s low for weekend work? I missed you getting a new job, who you on for now?

IF he looking for weekday 3 or four days im in chelmsford looking too scale down from tramping

Pay is the same for 7 days a week, its dictated by the Aldi contract as we are just subbies in there!

I missed you getting a new job, who you on for now?

Company is Young Gubbins, the one’s with the Blinged up Scanias!!

IF he looking for weekday 3 or four days im in chelmsford looking too scale down from tramping

Not at the moment, Aldi are busy over the weekends, how about the Fri - Sun??

44 Tonne Ton:
As Wayne said it’s low for weekend work?

As soon as I saw the post, I knew someone would say that, but in general I would say that the days of being paid significantly more for weekend work are over now. I thought about offering somebody weekend work while I was on my 45 hour break, but customers don’t pay any more for it so in the end I decided it wasn’t worth the flak!

Harry Monk:

44 Tonne Ton:
As Wayne said it’s low for weekend work?

As soon as I saw the post, I knew someone would say that, but in general I would say that the days of being paid significantly more for weekend work are over now. I thought about offering somebody weekend work while I was on my 45 hour break, but customers don’t pay any more for it so in the end I decided it wasn’t worth the flak!

I take your point H but as Guvnor says, they are struggling to fill the seat.

I think part of the problem is that drivers just want to sit in the cab while being tipped or loaded, this job isnt hard at all, all you have to do is Tip at your first drop, load back at chelmsford & Tip at your last store, its all done with electric trucks, so no real sweat!
Also there are some fine looking ladies working in some of these stores!! :smiley:

And remember this is £90 take home per day, not before tax & NI, so around £130 per day!!

Its £110 before i’d say.

want 15 an hour which i get now for weekend work shame though as im only 2 miles from aldi but i cannot give up my weekends for 90

I’d be wanting $300/$350 on top…for sat/sun alone

commonrail:

Some people are just so greedy. I am lucky to get 260 take home for 6 days work on the buses.

I would of done it if I had class 1 lol I’m near too so shame I’m only class 2.

Desperately looking for some extra money to fit around my current job. I get peanuts on class 2 around £290 take home but I just say hey it’s a job nice people and it ain’t hard work and is enjoyable. I think that’s hard to find all this these days in a job, so money ain’t always everything if you haven’t got none of what I have got

If i worked in a office or summit off card i would bite your hand off but my hours are maxed out. 90quid for a piece of ■■■■ job sounds alright to me.

commonrail:

Well, you could want it, but since a truck would be doing well to gross £500 on a Saturday or Sunday, I doubt you’d get it.

Governor!:
My Boss is looking for a couple of Weekend Sat/Sun class one drivers, with the option of a Friday if wanted. Take home would be £90 per day after tax/NI, £270 for the three days, you would be sharing the truck with me, its a nice clean Scania.
Work is from Aldi depot in Chelmsford, 3/4 am start normally finished by 3/4pm, trailer already loaded for first run to a store, you tip, return to depot load trailer go to another store tip and back home! 85% driving, 15% tip & loading. Might suit someone looking for a part time job, its a good reliable friendly company, with a nice fleet of scanias!!
Anyone interested drop me a Pm with contact info and i’ll call ya back with all the info about the work!

cant see there being a que for the job,nothing to do with the money,more to do with the fact 99 % of the lads i know are trying to get off w/end work,

ady1:

Governor!:

cant see there being a que for the job,nothing to do with the money,more to do with the fact 99 % of the lads i know are trying to get off w/end work,

I’ll do it !!

dar1976:

ady1:

Governor!:

I’ll do it !!

i said that when i first took my job years ago,sat/sun quite days,short shifts,more pay but over the years it gets harder and harder to get up at 2 a.m sat morn,2 a.m sun morn,yes i get 2 days off every week but thurs/fri is not the same as being off on a sat/sunday,my mate tried to convince me,mates,himself that working w/ends was o.k,the other week he admitted hed had enough,now on the list with the rest of us too hopefully get a transfer onto mon-fri,or just one day off at w/end would be a start,remember its easy to get on w/ends,nigh on impossible to get off them.