Anyone else see it?

Was getting pictures over the bridge on the M62 today and a rather unusual sight of a green Erf E series pulling what seemed to be a highish curtainsider. Just wondered if anyone else saw it today. Will get a pic of it up later on when I can find it :slight_smile: Just thought it was nice to see an old motor still putting in a days graft!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Barrett’s from Oldham area■■?. Eddie.

Not too sure off memory. All I can describe it as was a green erf E series pulling a tall curtainsider with the curtains being a cream/white colour and the rest of the curtainsider being green. I’m going through my pics now.

Cheers

sounds like barrats

Indeed it was barrets I caught on camera today. Very tidy indeed I thought for a lorry that age, a bit battered and bruised but nice to be seen still working!

Cheers

Yes, I too get a warm glow of smug satisfaction when I see some poor sod have to drive a piece of junk like that and I realise how lucky I am!!

No. Theyre not good motors. They were rubbish when new and they havent improved with age.

jonnytruckfest:
Indeed it was barrets I caught on camera today. Very tidy indeed I thought for a lorry that age, a bit battered and bruised but nice to be seen still working!

Cheers

bumped into one of these guys pulling a road tanker about 17yr in the total at zeebrugge, couldnt belive how old his unit was

he past me the other morning at wetherby doing slightly more than 56mph, a proper old truck doing a proper old speed :wink:

what year would ‘E’ reg be ■■?

88 I think off the top of me noggin :grimacing:

billybigrig:

that was the last year before limiters, no wonder he,s keeping hold of it :smiley:

If thats an E10 - with a ■■■■■■■ 325- with an eaton twin split and rockwell rear end that guy is driving perhaps the best drive train ever invented- but i agree the cab lets it down but you cant compare late 80’s cabswith todays offerings- if its an E14 with the 410 then the guy owns a classic an E16 with the Detroit then as still going is probably unique and a museum piece

chaversdad:

billybigrig:

that was the last year before limiters, no wonder he,s keeping hold of it :smiley:

Can’t blame him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Laugh all you want but he’ll be tipped and home before everyone else :grimacing:

Rikki-UK:
If thats an E10 - with a ■■■■■■■ 325- with an eaton twin split and rockwell rear end that guy is driving perhaps the best drive train ever invented- but i agree the cab lets it down but you cant compare late 80’s cabswith todays offerings- if its an E14 with the 410 then the guy owns a classic

It’s a 14 I think Rikki :grimacing:

All I know is it was going a fair old rate and sounded a good old part. And as I have a soft spot for the E14 having the first lorry I ever went in being an E14 with a 320 gardner under the bonnet it somewhat brings back old memories. Certainly a blast from the past from when I was younger :slight_smile:

Cheers

billybigrig:

Rikki-UK:
If thats an E10 - with a ■■■■■■■ 325- with an eaton twin split and rockwell rear end that guy is driving perhaps the best drive train ever invented- but i agree the cab lets it down but you cant compare late 80’s cabswith todays offerings- if its an E14 with the 410 then the guy owns a classic

it is a 14, dvla vehicle enquiry, say’s the engine is 14000cc so look’s like it is a classic…

chaversdad:
he past me the other morning at wetherby doing slightly more than 56mph, a proper old truck doing a proper old speed :wink:

Hear hear mate some people on here should think thereselves lucky that they are driving a big new shiney" twuck" and not a old lorry like that the mans earning a crust and if it is a eaton twin splitter he his up there with the old school most “twuckers” on here would park up and get out if they had to scrath a living driving lorries from that era

billybigrig:

Rikki-UK:

No one likes a smart arse :slight_smile:

Rikki-UK:

billybigrig:

Rikki-UK:

No one likes a smart arse :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s passed me on the 62 before now and as you well know there’s a much deeper rumble and less of a knock to the 14 sound.

and yes i did drop the window on my Volvo to enjoy the sound :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

They used to have an older one on an A or B plate with a single stack, had a lovely bark to it as romped past pulling a tanker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: