Anyone drive for Culina?

Hi guys,

Culina are due to open a new depot near me ( Port Salford ) and are after Class 1 drivers.

The website gives very little away, I was just wondering if anyone had any info on salary, shifts etc.

Cheers

Bald bloke…

ive put my name down…can always turn them down if it dont sound any good

Pimpdaddy:
Bald bloke…

What now !!

bald bloke:
What now !!

Someone wants some info in Culina, instead of me telling it like it is & upsetting folk I thought it’s best coming from you [emoji16]

Pimpdaddy:

bald bloke:
What now !!

Someone wants some info in Culina, instead of me telling it like it is & upsetting folk I thought it’s best coming from you [emoji16]

Right ok then. Hi Keith and welcome, dont really know a lot about it to be honest but it’s a new venture and will be an ambient depot probably paying approximately 30k for 48 hours with new regularly updated kit. But you will be monitored for your driving habits but keep your head down under the radar and you’ll be fine.

Probably not much help but I’m a Southern softie !!

Oh forgot to mention the really bad bit !!! We drive at 85 kmh max.

bald bloke:
Probably not much help but I’m a Southern softie !!

Oh forgot to mention the really bad bit !!! We drive at 85 kmh max.

:grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: you know you give Tesco’s a bad name as speeders :wink:

You’ll be contracted for 48 hours but that is for “driving time and other work”. Add up the time you spend in rdcs (witch you don’t get paid for),and you’re doing 60 hours a week .people in TO were not bad at all, but culina will squeeze every second of your day because you’ve signed the bleeming contract. Pay wasn’t bad tho.
Hope it helps

cyrus123:
You’ll be contracted for 48 hours but that is for “driving time and other work”. Add up the time you spend in rdcs (witch you don’t get paid for),and you’re doing 60 hours a week .people in TO were not bad at all, but culina will squeeze every second of your day because you’ve signed the bleeming contract. Pay wasn’t bad tho.
Hope it helps

Why don’t you get paid for waiting in RDCs?

xichrisxi:

cyrus123:
Hope it helps

Yes i don’t get that bit either, its either a 48 hour working week or a 48 hour plus as much unpaid POA as you can use.

xichrisxi:

cyrus123:
Hope it helps

It was the take it or leave it sort if thing

xichrisxi:

cyrus123:
Hope it helps

You get paid to work for 48 hours. Unfortunately some places will then have you sitting in RDCs on break for hours on end. There’s 2 ways of looking at that. You’re either doing those hours for free. Or, those hours are bringing down your average hourly pay.

£30k is £577 per week. At 51.75 per week (48 hours work plus a 45 per day) that’s £11.15. Not too bad really. Jump up to 60 hours and you’re down to an average of £9.62.

Doesn’t look quite so good then. I wouldn’t entertain RDC work on salary. Unless it was a daft salary obviously.

cyrus123:
Hope it helps

Do youse boys actually sign crap contracts like that were you could be sitting in the “cooler” or cab@ at ANY RDC for 12/15hrs week UNPAID :question: :question: :open_mouth:

One word will suffice:
BONKERS :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

cyrus123:
You’ll be contracted for 48 hours but that is for “driving time and other work”. Add up the time you spend in rdcs (witch you don’t get paid for),and you’re doing 60 hours a week .

Wtf?? Can you not use poa then?

Pimpdaddy:

cyrus123:
You’ll be contracted for 48 hours but that is for “driving time and other work”. Add up the time you spend in rdcs (witch you don’t get paid for),and you’re doing 60 hours a week .

Wtf?? Can you not use poa then?

Why would you want to do that, unless you’re going to be paid for each extra hour above 48?

Reading these comments about unpaid waiting time etc, I can only say I’m bl**by glad I’m now retired!

Whilst I don’t doubt that this type of thing happens now, a thought occurs to me: if you’re not getting paid, you are surely ‘off duty’. I always understood that ‘off duty’ was legally defined along the lines that ‘you are able to dispose of the time at your own free will’. Are you able therefore, whilst waiting to be tipped, to wander off down to the nearest pub/shopping centre/bingo hall etc. If not, then you are oficially ‘on duty’ and should be paid! Following on to this, I would argue that even if you overnight in a sleeper cab, you are not required to be there to guard/protect the vehicle or load, 'cos if you were, surely you would be ‘on duty’ too??

Just my thoughts

Steve

Juddian:
Why would you want to do that, unless you’re going to be paid for each extra hour above 48?

I wouldn’t want to, hence me thinking wtf. If I work 60h I want to be paid for all of them, not 48, whether I’m being ■■■■■■ about in an rdc or not.

Pimpdaddy:

Juddian:

I wouldn’t want to, hence me thinking wtf. If I work 60h I want to be paid for all of them, not 48, whether I’m being ■■■■■■ about in an rdc or not.

Ah right, misunderstood you before.

Agreed, buggered if i can understand doing more than your hours unless paid for them or you operate under some scheme which suits both you and the employer.

POA isn’t recognised where i work, its either work or break, if you booked POA they would count it as work, so you will never average more than a 48 hour week tops.
70 hour weeks belong back in 1963 where they should have stayed.

Juddian:
Agreed, buggered if i can understand doing more than your hours unless paid for them or you operate under some scheme which suits both you and the employer.

Working 30-40hrs & getting paid for 48 would suit me just fine [emoji1]

Pimpdaddy:

Juddian:

Working 30-40hrs & getting paid for 48 would suit me just fine [emoji1]

Agreed again, bugger me :wink: :open_mouth: thats worrying, we’re paid for 48 i’m averaging 43 and others averaging between 38 and 45 depending on their shift pattern and type of work, i might do a 53 hour week once in a while and the very odd 14 hour day when it all goes ■■■■ up, but then i’ll have several weeks doing 38 to 40 with some 7 hour days chucked in so it all evens out, no complaints from me.