Anyone drive for Culina?

You can’t look at hours per week worked if you are on salary,your salary is paying you for 48hrs per week over the year so as long as you are not over 48hrs average by the end of the year then you have been paid for what you’ve done.

Can’t see it being work & drive only. I’m on a 48 hour contract, & its from when i clock on till when i clock off. Including Breaks & poa.

millsie6379:
Can’t see it being work & drive only. I’m on a 48 hour contract, & its from when i clock on till when i clock off. Including Breaks & poa.

You’re one if the lucky ones then .

xichrisxi:

cyrus123:
You’ll be contracted for 48 hours but that is for “driving time and other work”. Add up the time you spend in rdcs (witch you don’t get paid for),and you’re doing 60 hours a week .people in TO were not bad at all, but culina will squeeze every second of your day because you’ve signed the bleeming contract. Pay wasn’t bad tho.
Hope it helps

Why don’t you get paid for waiting in RDCs?

Well I do certainly.

xichrisxi:

cyrus123:
You’ll be contracted for 48 hours but that is for “driving time and other work”. Add up the time you spend in rdcs (witch you don’t get paid for),and you’re doing 60 hours a week .people in TO were not bad at all, but culina will squeeze every second of your day because you’ve signed the bleeming contract. Pay wasn’t bad tho.
Hope it helps

Well I certainly get paid and quite often I don’t even reach my 48 for the week, and I haven’t used poa for about 4 yrs or so now and generally have a basic 45 min break showing on the card every day .

bald bloke:

xichrisxi:

cyrus123:
Hope it helps

Well I certainly get paid and quite often I don’t even reach my 48 for the week, and I haven’t used poa for about 4 yrs or so now and generally have a basic 45 min break showing on the card every day .

What’s 48hrs :blush: I get about 14-15 hours between shifts :grimacing:

Bald bloke what sort of shift patterns do they offer at culina then if you don’t mind me asking I’m thinking of applying

Damo_hall:
Bald bloke what sort of shift patterns do they offer at culina then if you don’t mind me asking I’m thinking of applying

I do 5 x3 but our place are not taking new drivers on doing that pattern anymore but other depots are still doing it, we also do 5 x2 but that will include a Sat or Sun or a new one now is 4 x 2, where were you thinking of applying ?

cyrus123:

millsie6379:

You’re one if the lucky ones then .

Not lucky… It’s the norm. Anybody signing a contract where they don’t get paid for POA & Breaks must be mad. So if you sit in a RDC for 7 hours waiting to get tipped you don’t get paid? Seriously■■?

£30k is £577 per week. At 51.75 per week (48 hours work plus a 45 per day) that’s £11.15. Not too bad really. Jump up to 60 hours and you’re down to an average of £9.62.

Doesn’t look quite so good then. I wouldn’t entertain RDC work on salary. Unless it was a daft salary obviously.
[/quote]
Never thought of it like that , ive sat in rdc’s ■■■■■■ because im not getting paid for this , doesnt seem so bad now lol.

And it do it for less than the quote above , but im new so cant complain :slight_smile:

bald bloke:

Damo_hall:

I do 5 x3 but our place are not taking new drivers on doing that pattern anymore but other depots are still doing it, we also do 5 x2 but that will include a Sat or Sun or a new one now is 4 x 2, where were you thinking of applying ?

I was thinking of applying to Middleton depot which depot are you at?

Damo_hall:

bald bloke:

Damo_hall:

I was thinking of applying to Middleton depot which depot are you at?

Avonmouth, don’t really know much about Middleton I’m afraid apart from the fact it’s an ambient depot.

Thanks Bald Bloke, where I work now it is 5 on and 3 off and suppose to be 48 hours a week but I have never worked 48 hours since I’ve been there.

No probs with me keeping my head down, where I’m at now we have microlise on the fleet.

Keith75:
Thanks Bald Bloke, where I work now it is 5 on and 3 off and suppose to be 48 hours a week but I have never worked 48 hours since I’ve been there.

No probs with me keeping my head down, where I’m at now we have microlise on the fleet.

5 on 3 off is good for keeping your hours down as 5 weeks out of 8 it’s only a 4 day working week don’t forget.

I suppose it clever for the companies stops drivers hitting the 60 hour mark. Got some serious thinking to do.