Anyone been furloughed yet?

Wheel Nut:

Fuzrat:

truckyboy:
My son in law was sent home for 2 weeks as having symptoms for corona virus, they told him to clear the truck out, while it went for a deep clean…all he can claim is for £94 a week…no good to anyone is it, so beware as not everyone will get the 80%, as they believed they would.

Thats because they sent him home for 2 weeks sick so statutory sick pay is in effect there rather than being furloughed because of no work.

You get SSP from day 1, so when he has done his 14 days, he can ask to be furloughed. He cant be sacked for having a virus.

People who have left a job can ask to be taken back on and furloughed too, its no skin off the companies nose.

Or if the company still have work on, go back to work as normal. I think people that dont get company sick pay are getting confused when told to self isolate for 2 weeks because of virus symptoms, that they will get 2 weeks at 80% rather than statutory for 2 weeks then back to work as with any other sickness absence.

We’re all being furloughed on Fri
Few bits tomorrow to do.
In Fri empty trucks sign some form and that’s it .been told soon as company gets money from government were get it

And could take about 4 to 6 weeks
We’re weekly paid so.not ideal.
Personally I can mange
But feel for.others who have leased /brought cars to pay off. Credit cards to pay tax.
Only debt I have is my mortgage

edd1974:
Few bits tomorrow to do.
In Fri empty trucks sign some form and that’s it .been told soon as company gets money from government were get it

Personally I can mange
But feel for.others who have leased /brought cars to pay off. Credit cards to pay tax.

Have you been told to totally empty your cab ? if so I would be more worried than a 6 week delay in money :open_mouth: more like he’s going to fold before that being that 3rd April is end of tax year :wink:

blue estate:

edd1974:
Few bits tomorrow to do.

Personally I can mange

Have you been told to totally empty your cab ? if so I would be more worried than a 6 week delay in money :open_mouth: more like he’s going to fold before that being that 3rd April is end of tax year :wink:

Well no not told to empty it.
But was going to anyway

blue estate:

edd1974:
Few bits tomorrow to do.

Personally I can mange

I could be wrong, but if a company takes the Gov money to furlough a worker, but subsequently that worker’s job is lost, those funds must be repaid to the Gov.
How that works if a limited company goes belly up? Dunno.

Looks like football clubs are taking Gov money to furlough many of their workers, but can still pay the players their millions?

does anyone know what furlough is?
as in is it actually a word that’s been around for years just never used?
or is it made up like Brexit was?
as until all this cant say heard the word before

i’ve ben furloughed today.monthly paid,so hopefully ok

edd1974:

Proper word, usually used in military or civil service to describe a leave of absence.

edd1974:
Well no not told to empty it.
But was going to anyway

It probably prudent to do it, you’ll be able to clean the bedding etc, & also know that it’s safer stored at home than being sat in the yard for weeks, as the scumbags could see trucks parked up and see them as easy pickings

Been asked if we want to furlough from the end of this week. I’m already part-time, no mortgage, children at home or any other liabilities so it’s really a no-brainer for me, but many of the other guys (& gals) are a bit more hesitant - from whether they can take the financial hit, whether they would get bored, or whether they really want to spend 24/7 with partners/family. At least our company seems to be doing things properly, time will tell how it all pans out in the end…

edd1974:

Think it’s more of an American thing that weve borrowed.

toonsy:

edd1974:

Dutch I thought.

pig pen:

toonsy:

edd1974:

Dutch I thought.

From the Dutch ‘ferlov’, it’s been used in the US for many years but first time it’s been used in the UK.

All of our class 2 drivers have been stood down, 100% basic paid, 80% to be claimed from the government, the other 20% paid by the firm, isn’t that what all those intending to claim the 80% are supposed to be doing too?

I’m class 1 so have to keep going regardless, would love a day or two off here or there …

One of the drivers asked whether he’d get average overtime too, told no. Offered the possibility of the occasional Saturday o/time (time and a half) and said no chance! Whilst some of us have to turn up at 6am every day with overtime stopped to get the same as him for doing absolutely nothing!!!

Stobart biomass have furloughed some this week, I’m surprised as they run stuff into the power stations?

Also i was under the impression that this was the side that stood steadily on it’s own 2 feet in the finance department?

[emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ive just received this week payslip by email and found an unexpected surprise on it, I dunno if it’s the furloughed pay but £1+/- it equates to 80% of this last weeks earnings that due in the bank on Friday, ie last weeks earnings + ?

tallyman:

pig pen:

toonsy:

edd1974:

Dutch I thought.

From the Dutch ‘ferlov’, it’s been used in the US for many years but first time it’s been used in the UK.

We used to get “laid off” here in the UK. Is furloughed any different?

[/quote]
We used to get “laid off” here in the UK. Is furloughed any different?
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
we still get laid off,its only the new pointy shoe buzz word for wazzock lemmings to copy.
we dont have semesters…we get the easter weekend or the school holidays. :unamused:

Vid:
All of our class 2 drivers have been stood down, 100% basic paid, 80% to be claimed from the government, the other 20% paid by the firm, isn’t that what all those intending to claim the 80% are supposed to be doing too?

I’m class 1 so have to keep going regardless, would love a day or two off here or there …

One of the drivers asked whether he’d get average overtime too, told no. Offered the possibility of the occasional Saturday o/time (time and a half) and said no chance! Whilst some of us have to turn up at 6am every day with overtime stopped to get the same as him for doing absolutely nothing!!!

He got told wrong, like we did. Its average pay so it includes overtime but not bonuses or night out money and such.

Also if on furlough leave you’re not allowed to do any work for the employer who has put you on it.