Anybody work for Maritme?

Well ?

yep plenty of us what can i do you for

box man ( clifton27):
yep plenty of us what can i do you for

Do you know anything about the 4 on 4 off shifts and what it entails ? Do you know what hours day drivers do (not trampers) ? And what’s this about some new contract with Amazon ? Avonmouth depot it’ll be.

Many thanks.

this queation was answered in your previous post about maritime :smiling_imp:

samsgrandad:

If you got nothing positive to say then keep your nose out.

samsgrandad:

er no-one answered anything about the Avonmouth Job and the majority of posts were about what people assumed by other experience :neutral_face:
either that or I need to revisit Specksavers :open_mouth:

bald bloke:

samsgrandad:

If you got nothing positive to say then keep your nose out.

I already answered your question I even asked the question for you so p#ss off I don’t come on here to be abused by the like’s of you who cannot even be bothered to pick up the phone

samsgrandad:
cannot even be bothered to pick up the phone

You are right i couldn’t be bothered to pick up the phone so instead i went in and had a chat to hear what they had to say, all i’m after is a different angle on things hopefully from a driver from Maritime who knows what he’s on about.

We’ve had a few of ours go to Maritime, one starts next Tuesday out of Fenny Lock on days, Tuesday to Saturday, pay I believe is £675 p/wk, not sure if there’s any o/t or what bonuses are being offered.

He’s doing containers to supermarket RDC’s, so there’s gonna be a lot of sitting around & sleeping. Lol.
I’m going to see how he gets on then I might follow him (or not !)

Another mate didn’t last 2 weeks, says it was maxed out hours every day/week.

Thanks for a positive input, but i’ll be sharing the truck with a night man so i’m assuming it’ll be roughly 12 hr shifts for both so maxing out my hours might not come into it, like iv’e said been in for a chat but just picking the brains from a different angle but the trouble is Avonmouth is a small depot and no one seems to have any info on it.

bald bloke:
Thanks for a positive input, but i’ll be sharing the truck with a night man so i’m assuming it’ll be roughly 12 hr shifts for both so maxing out my hours might not come into it, like iv’e said been in for a chat but just picking the brains from a different angle but the trouble is Avonmouth is a small depot and no one seems to have any info on it.

looks like just a 4 on 4 off days then

martinviking:

I’ve never understood why people don’t like maxing their hours out. If it’s legal to run to your maximum, what’s the problem? It’s better than going over them all the time.

Good luck with it BB.

nick2008:

bald bloke:

looks like just a 4 on 4 off days then

Yep which is just what i want but the money don’t quite stack up i’ll be about £80 a week down on the basic, i’m not after more money but not too keen on taking a large cut either.

Simon (my mate) also said that he would be sharing with a night man, (sounds like 2 people share the same unit) he’s doing 5 on 2 off & he reckons that you can opt for Monday to Friday if you don’t want weekends. (That would suit me better)
Fenny Lock, Milton Keynes, was only re’opened last year & Maritime are running out of there, all new kit I understand. So I would imagine that Avonmouth has new’ish kit as well.

Bacon Sandwich:
Good luck with it BB

Cheers.

Bacon Sandwich:

martinviking:

I’ve never understood why people don’t like maxing their hours out. If it’s legal to run to your maximum, what’s the problem? It’s better than going over them all the time.

Good luck with it BB.

True, but some people just want 8 or 10 hours a day. They should be working for the local Council, School or Doctors Surgery if they want an easy life, not driving wagons ! Lol.

I know a few lads up here who went and left,said it was awful and one of them lads is a bit of a yes man and normally bends over and be shafted but even he could not hack it.
Then on the other hand iv spoke to drivers from various other depots and they all seemed happy.
If it sounds good and the shift pattern suits I’d go for it.

martinviking:

Bacon Sandwich:

martinviking:

Good luck with it BB.

True, but some people just want 8 or 10 hours a day. They should be working for the local Council, School or Doctors Surgery if they want an easy life, not driving wagons ! Lol.

depends if your hourly or salary :wink:

martinviking:
We’ve had a few of ours go to Maritime, one starts next Tuesday out of Fenny Lock on days, Tuesday to Saturday, pay I believe is £675 p/wk, not sure if there’s any o/t or what bonuses are being offered.

He’s doing containers to supermarket RDC’s, so there’s gonna be a lot of sitting around & sleeping. Lol.

From what ive seen, maritme do alot of drop and swap, rather than live 3+ hr tips.

weeto:

martinviking:

From what ive seen, maritme do alot of drop and swap, rather than live 3+ hr tips.

Good point, so they’ll be working hard for the money.
I’ll try to get some feed back over the next few weeks, see how he gets on.