Anybody want to be a part time race team truckie?

Through trucknet last year I ended up on a trip to Le Mans with a race team. I then continued to work for them on the weekends when they needed a truck driver and had a good time, although we did have a long night fixing a car at Snetteton and setting up in the dark at Castle Combe when we got stuck in traffic on the way there, but thats all part of it and mostly it was lots of fun and a chance to watch some good racing and meet some interesting people.
However I’m moving onto other things (GP2 :smiley: ) and therefore can’t help them out. this year :frowning:

The Team is based near Colchester and run Sports 2000 cars, They will do about 8 or 9 race weekends this year which may include Spa. They have a M reg FH12 (not great but better than many race trucks at this level) and proper racecar transporter trailer.

There is more to the job than just driving the truck you are part of the team. Which means doing things like setting up and cleaning and just being an extra pair of hands, but it’s great when you are on the pit wall watching your car win the race :smiley: and bad when you are trying to load a mangled wreck into the truck after a bad weekends racing where everthing has gone wrong. :frowning:

So if you are interested and want more infomation PM me and I’ll give you as much info as I can and try and answer any questions. :wink:

keep your ear to the ground for this sort of stuff if anything ever comes for class 2 though eh. not got me class 1 yet but motorsport is my preferred career path.

When motorsport jobs are advertised it’s normally in Autosport, but then you and thousands of others apply. :frowning:
Many jobs like the one I am going to are word of mouth, because teams don’t want to spend days answering the phone and going through applications.

One of the Group C historic teams at Le Mans last year were using a rigid Magnum race transporter. :smiley:

As someone who also has a race car,my transportation consists of my Vauxhall Vectra and trailer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.