Anybody remember this MIddle east running company

Boatchaser:

I worked with a guy who worked for dow,s when i worked for CERT his name is John Wrench and i,m still in contact with him if anyone remembers him give me a shout i,m sure he said hes got photos from his days at dow,s
[/quote]
Hello Boatchaser, I am afriad that’s another name that I have never come across, can you ask him which depot did he work at, what year did he work there and did he do international ?.
Hopefully his photos might jog my memory so please get him to show us his photos :smiley: .

mushroomman:

Boatchaser:

I worked with a guy who worked for dow,s when i worked for CERT his name is John Wrench and i,m still in contact with him if anyone remembers him give me a shout i,m sure he said hes got photos from his days at dow,s

Hello Boatchaser, I am afriad that’s another name that I have never come across, can you ask him which depot did he work at, what year did he work there and did he do international ?.
Hopefully his photos might jog my memory so please get him to show us his photos :smiley: .
[/quote]
Hi Mushroomman
I,m sure he worked out of stockport and worked for a guy who had a couple of trucks on with Dows i,ll try and call him on Sat and get some more info. My dad did a trip to the Middle East and then mostly Europe first with Fridglink, then Andrews and Bond. Then he ended his days at BET on tankers

Hello mushrooman & Boatchaser.

Williames Transport was on Preston Dock with Northern Ireland Trailers (later P&O Pandoro). This was their container side. I worked out of Trafford Park Manchester about 1968, and moved to a purpose built depot at Timpson Road Wythenshawe 1975. The depot was taken over by Frans Maas and I believe is still there. This is the depot that the DOW lads (Stockport) came to and I believe many moved to Frans Maas. I moved to MAT Transport MIFT Trafford Park.

There can,t be many drivers called John Wrench, and if this is the same fella, he was also known as Spanner. I work for him for a short while in 1999, running out of Davis Turner in Avonmouth. He had 4 or 5 trucks all painted up in DT livery, and was a suby for them.

This Dow freight driver locked the keys in the cab,picture is from 1986 in Turkey.

This was taken at Davies Turner in Dartford in Aug 1999, when I was working for John “Spanner” Wrench.

I ref to R F Interport, and Ralph Turner, I worked for him in the early 90s he was then trading as Deltaline Ltd, and run four Iveco Turbostar. He had an office on Heywood ind est.
I have many good memories of working for Ralph, and was very sad when I found out he had passed away .

daftrucker:
This Dow freight driver locked the keys in the cab,picture is from 1986 in Turkey.

Thats a very interesting photo daftrucker :unamused: .
That truck was driven by Billy Murrey a.k.a. Billy Bradford who used to work for A1 Transport although I can’t make out which is him. He might be the guy on the step or that could be Davy Faraday who was an owner driver before he drove for Falcongate and then he joined Dow. That looks a bit like me trying to get the sun roof open although I can’t remember the incident at the moment, perhaps that the glass on the bumper bar had something to do with it :laughing: .
The guy on the bumper bar could be Tony Macloud or Tony Burnout as he was known after the cab of his Ford Trancontinental caught fire one winters night in Austria. You should never fall asleep with you cooker on while you are trying to get warm :wink: .
That Scania might be one of Expo Freight as it looks familiar, maybe Bestbooties might remember it.
I was following Billy one day when we came across this, you can see that the rego numbers are both the same.

(O.K. Dave Mackie and Red Desert Fox, I know what you are both thinking) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards Steve.

After looking at daftruckers photo again I am now having second thoughts of who all those guys are :confused: .
The guy on the bumper could be a lad called Mick from Stafford and that might be a young Frankie Brandon next to the guy in the red tee shirt whose name I have now forgotten.

B.T.W. Boatchaser, that guy who you mentioned called John Wrench did he leave Dow and go working for a company called Plane Trucking about 1983ish .

Regards Steve.

Mushroomman, could that be “Uncle Stan” up on top of the cab roof?? :laughing: :laughing:

mushroomman:
you can see that the rego numbers are both the same.

(O.K. Dave Mackie and Red Desert Fox, I know what you are both thinking) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards Steve.

:angry: always a bit of a problem for Rog that then eh Steve? :grimacing:

Sorry Andy :blush: , I realise that I should of also put jj72 in the brackets :laughing: .

No bullitt it’s definately not your Uncle Stanley :laughing: when that photo was taken in 1987 I recon that Old Stan would of been into his sixties. John Roberts (Spare Tyre) might know how old Stan really was when he finally came off the road. He was still as fit as a butchers dog and could strip a tilt down all on his own, I don’t think that I would have the strength nowadays to pull that plastic sheet all the way forward :cry: .
I am surprised that Billy never did the same as most of the other guys did and that was to Gaffer Tape a spare door key underneath the grill. :wink:

B.T.W. I believe that it was Irish Ray Kearden who worked for R.F.Interports in the early seventies before he went working for Dow. I remember going to Ray’s leaving do just before he got the pub, I.I.R.C. it was called The Shoe and Clog on Stockport Road, Manchester. It was quite near the back of The Appolo Theatre where there used to be a lorry park for many years, so maybe drivers who parked near The Appolo might remember going into Ray’s pub.

Can anybody remember the name of the driver wearing the red T-shirt as I saw him on a couple of occasions and it’s really bugging me now :slight_smile: .

Regards Steve.

My dad took this photo when he was ruining Turkey in the mid 80s for Whittle.

You could RUIN any country working for Whittles :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Roger

mushroomman:
Can anybody remember the name of the driver wearing the red T-shirt as I saw him on a couple of occasions and it’s really bugging me now :slight_smile: .

Regards Steve.

I wondered if it might be Alan (Maggoo) Jones

Wheel Nut:

mushroomman:

Regards Steve.

I wondered if it might be Alan (Maggoo) Jones

I don’t think so Malc, I.I.R.C. I seem to remember that Alan looked like he always needed a good feed as he looked a bit on the slim side. I saw him at the bottom end of Yugo once near Nis parked in a lay-by and he had his young lad with him. I pulled in to see if he was O.K. and his lad came up and said we’ve stopped for some scran.
On another occasion we were stopped by the Czech police for driving during the Friday lorry ban and Alan told a couple of bemused policeman that we would park up and have some scran. Alan liked his scran :slight_smile: .

Regards Steve.

sinbin31:
You could RUIN any country working for Whittles :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Roger

As far as I can remember Whittles had some bloody good subbies working for them over the years, just because they drove yellow motors it didn’t mean that they had to ignore other British drivers.

You missed the point Steve ,I never said anything about the subbies ,it was Whittles as a company as far as i’m concerned they were crap, there was no relationship between themselves and other ownerdrivers who did not work for them,I wont go into detail but I was let down financialy by them for helping one of there drivers and was told to get the money from the driver ,as it was nothing to do with them,I saved them Thousands of pounds gutted was not the statement I would use END OF.

Roger

You missed the point Steve ,I never said anything about the subbies ,it was Whittles as a company as far as i’m concerned they were crap, there was no relationship between themselves and other ownerdrivers who did not work for them,I wont go into detail but I was let down financialy by them for helping one of there drivers and was told to get the money from the driver ,as it was nothing to do with them,I saved them Thousands of pounds gutted was not the statement I would use END OF.

Roger

Sorry in my anger I sent it twice nevermind you can read it twice :laughing: :laughing:

Roger