Anybody know what Gerry Orme is doing/where is he?

Good evening to you all,

A while ago, I started up a topic about Transgo International, based in Ashby de la Zouch, run by Gerry Orme.

IIRC, he closed down Transgo after a serious accident.

Does anyone know what he is up to, i remember he did some articles for one of the Truck magazines, havnt seen/heard anything for a while

Any information, Id be pleased to hear.

Ed

having worked for gerry (i had the daf 888) last i heard was living in the burton area and was working with or along side ronnie roe then they had a bust up and ive heard nothing since.

i will make a few calls and see if i can locate him for you. send me a pm ed with your name incase anyone i ask puts the shutters up. rgds. brian

Would that be the same Ronnie Roe who was a mate of Richard Ford had a depot in Lichfield a bit of a fly boy.

Is/was Ronnie Rowe involved in Lichfield International Freight Terminal (LIFT) ?

me and gerry were on the same contract together running chicken filletts and nuggetts from hereford down to the mcdonalds factory in orleans france he had a man tga but that was 5 year ago or more now and going further back when he was transgo i worked for garry george and both garry and gerry worked for tfe at crick,i rember his trucking international articles,he was also a fluent french speaker a cracking bloke.im sure he still lives in a village between swadlincote and ashby