Transgo International

I wonder, does anyone remember an international operator called Transgo International , who used to pull out of Andrews Haulage yard in Ashby de la Zouch?

Run by Gerry Orme, they had a variey of tackle, DAF SSC, Scania 143s etc. I know they folded iirc early 2000s but I am wondering has anyone got any information/pics of their vehicles.

I remember they did mainly temerature contriolled goods for TFE often from their operation at Crick (back of Bakers Group yard).

Any info or pics would be appreciated

Ed

remember gerry well. i drove the daf ssc ■■? 800 s we also. had a 124 400 which a lad from rotherham drove rest of fleet and numbers evade my careworn memory now. we used to load from either rugby as you said or langley mill to paris then spend all week doing work for petite forrester and tfe combined. good work with no hard work involved at all. and the best part was gerry got every single km paid regardless. even if truck was in for service all the kms where paid. can never to this day understand why he went bust. i left around 3 month before he went under owing to marital probs. as soon as i got rid of the wife i rang gerry to be greated with him saying “its all gone” never seen or heard from him since.

i knew gerry lovley bloke i worked for garry george running outta crick for tfe,i got to know gerry years later when he was doing chicken bits outta hereford down to orleans.i was on for a guy with 3 trucks doing the same job wed ship out newhaven dieppe together most weeks.when i were on with tfe gerry had a 143 and a thin guy with blond hair drove it.didnt gerry used to do an article in trucking international i know there was an article on his firm.gerry also spoke fluent french which was handy at times :laughing:would like to know what he,s doin now i last spoke to him over 3 years ago

Brian
Are TFE in England ? ,I was following one of their 56 registered trailers last week and it had written on the back doors " Join us " with an email address.

If this is total ■■■■■■■■ , then please correct it : -

The thing that took Transgo down was as follows:

I have a vague recollection that one of the DAF SSCs had a serious accident whilst in France. The driver fell asleep (possibly??) and hit a peage booth at full speed, killing himslef and the peage operator. The Police impounded the remains of the vehicle for examination discovering a number of “operating discrepancies”. The resultant costs were the final straw and the company was wound up.

If I have this wrong, please correct my poor memory.

Ed