Any work in Cornwall?

Just out of general interest, Is there any companies taking on or worth trying down in Cornwall?

What sort of work you looking for?

B1 GGK:
Just out of general interest, Is there any companies taking on or worth trying down in Cornwall?

Give Conway Bailey a ring I see a lot of their trucks about so they must be busy.

Give Conway Bailey a ring I see a lot of their trucks about so they must be busy.

Yep, I would agree they are worth a try. One of their drivers was telling me they are rushed off their feet and being so far west they do have a problem getting drivers.

mucker85:

The kind of work where I get into a wagon, drive it around, maybe do a drop or 2, murder a prostitute, get paid at the end of the week/month and so on.
On a serious note, I have a C+E, what I would prefer and whats out there are more than likely 2 different things so I will have to go with the flow.

B1 GGK:

Sounds like someone’s moving to Cornwall, very nice indeed.

bald bloke:

B1 GGK:

Sounds like someone’s moving to Cornwall, very nice indeed.

Fingers crossed, waiting for a couple of things to be sorted out.

B1 GGK:

mucker85:

The kind of work where I get into a wagon, drive it around, maybe do a drop or 2, murder a prostitute, get paid at the end of the week/month and so on.
On a serious note, I have a C+E, what I would prefer and whats out there are more than likely 2 different things so I will have to go with the flow.

alright, smart arse.

Do you want fridges, supermarkets, bulk tippers, flats, recovery?
Local, days, nights, long distance, tramping?

Are Dennis Oates from hayle still on the go?. I haven’t seen one of their trucks in ages.

Cheers
Neilf

mucker85:

B1 GGK:

mucker85:

alright, smart arse.

Do you want fridges, supermarkets, bulk tippers, flats, recovery?
Local, days, nights, long distance, tramping?

Ideally, Mon - Fri 8 till 5,
Realistically, anything that will pay nicely, and if that means Days or night, day runs or distance, tramping or what ever then so be it,
Its an employers market out there so its not what I want its whats available.

neilf:
Are Dennis Oates from hayle still on the go?. I haven’t seen one of their trucks in ages.

Cheers
Neilf

Yes,a friend of mine went to work for them awhile back said it was a cushy number.

Money wasn’t the greatest though.So he left.

I’m not sure of Tulip at Bodmin use day drivers. Maybe Samworth Brothers or one of the pallet network partners.

B1 GGK:

kawasaki.cornwallkawasaki.co.uk/ … emid=22202

Not much about down ere at mo. Tulip ok job but zero hours contract so all or ■■■■ all type of job :cry: Conway Bailey doing ok but don’t expect to be paid a fortune but to be fair that is the way down ere at the mo :wink: :wink:

might be filled now but henry orchard wanted a c+e driver they do scrap metal based in st austell or maybe westfields of truro

As said, Conway Bailey. Don’t expect to see home too often.

RR Transport in Redruth, same as Conway Bailey (Owned by the same family) but more flats/curtainsiders.

Westfields could be worth a try, or Jack Kingdom for bulkers. (I believe he likes to see you turn up in the yard as opposed to calling on the phone)

Very little in the way of “day work” in Cornwall, as said Tulip or Samworths. Agency no good either.

Wave to me as I head in the opposite direction. Following a marraige split, loosing the rented house and the lack of work down here I’m heading North :grimacing:

Semtex:
Very little in the way of “day work” in Cornwall, as said Tulip or Samworths. Agency no good either.

How about tippers, that would be classed as day work, and there still seem to be a fair few of them on the road (and not all of them owned by Harty either!)

~ Craig

If there was any good work I’d move home. They get national rates for the work & pay provincal money, got some nice motors though if that’s your thing.

The rates down here and certainly in Cornwall are some of the worst in the UK. While house prices for instance are comparable to the highest in the country.
Good reputable companies with a good pay scheme with the work you want and not suicide hours with an impossible work load are like hens teeth mate.
Of the companies Semtex mentioned try Samworths (Agy Best Connection, Hunters Personnel) although they have just had a pay cut, not a bad outfit, work is easy and clean, all supermarket delivery or Bristol trunks mainly. Tulip also worth contacting agency again. As for the fridge lads like M&D, Conway Bailey, Dennis Oates, Darley Ford or the lads doing general like Westfields for example, I think you will find the pay un-favourable compared to rates up country.

Craig 111:

Semtex:

How about tippers, that would be classed as day work, and there still seem to be a fair few of them on the road (and not all of them owned by Harty either!)

~ Craig

There’s tippers but like everything else, its getting onto them.

There’s not much tipper work going and the firms don’t seem to be taking on. The drivers that are there tend to stay there.