Any Stobart Biomass Drivers Out There?

Hi all,

Before anyone jumps on this post I have trawled all the old topics in relation to the subject and there is not one recent post from someone actually employed full time as a Stobart Biomass driver.

I have been offered a temp to perm role out of the Rugby depot, so am trying to find out as much as possible in a short period of time. Have done a bit of research and watched the old trucks and trailers series showing the Biomass guys who i believe have since left the job.

So just after as much info as possible,ie pay (agency say their guys are invoicing at £900 plus a week but did not know the permanent wage the Stobart drivers were on). I believe the pay for perm drivers has changed recently. Also the type of work how physical and how dirty is the work is it a proper tramping job away all week and travelling all over the country or is it local work.

Do you get a dedicated truck etc and any other useful info you can provide would be much appreciated, thanks in anticipation as need to make a decision fairly quick struggling to find out some decent reliable info. Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Blackcat13

The full timers get a basic plus % of what the truck earns, now if your stuck in traffic or get to site and big queue your truck earns nothing,

Thanks for that Ed, are you a Stobart Biomass driver bud, be grateful for any other info, can pm you if you prefer cheers

i wonder if anyone would actually admit to being a stobart driver ?

No I’m not matey but know two that have gone to biomass there, one I know is on holiday relief shift and stays that way as her gets normal rate of pay and not the biomass pay deal.

desypete:

Oh dear going to talk crap again lets moan about stobart and there wages again boring.P.S I drive for stobart but not biomass.

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Oh dear going to talk crap again lets moan about stobart and there wages again boring.P.S I drive for stobart but not biomass.

now would i do a thing like that ?

if your happy working for a company that pays peanuts then who am i to judge you ? i wouldn’t dream of running stobarts down, they have nice uniforms for there staff, they have a good fleet of trucks for the morons to drive around looking like a green man from mars and there on 8 quid an hour or thereabouts,

what more could any decent driver want ?

Is that on a walking floor or a chip liner? Floor is easier work paid on a day rate and a bonus per load. Not on percentage anymore. Chip liner is hourly paid but harder dirtier work.

Ps desypete. Are you going to die soon? I’d like to get my dancing shoes polished in advance.

desypete:
if your happy working for a company that pays peanuts then who am i to judge you ? i wouldn’t dream of running stobarts down, they have nice uniforms for there staff, they have a good fleet of trucks for the morons to drive around looking like a green man from mars and there on 8 quid an hour or thereabouts,

Got 2 good mates who work for them, one guy made 47k last year, the other is on 950 a week, not sure where you get your 8 quid from, the money sure is up there with the industry norm. Compare it with some of the other big boys as in Wincanton, Maritime, ND etc and the pay at Stobart is better.

As with everything else you got to work for it, but the money sure is there for the taking.

As to the floor boys, the last I heard they were on 130 basic a day plus 20 odd per load. Stobart seems to be the kind of company that will just answer the question when it comes to pay at the asking.

Blacksack I’ve spoke to a mate today and he said a new pay deal is being trailed and just started, they now get basic plus paid by the load, different jobs have different pay so he’s yet to find out how it works.

wheelnutt:

desypete:

Got 2 good mates who work for them, one guy made 47k last year, the other is on 950 a week, not sure where you get your 8 quid from, the money sure is up there with the industry norm. Compare it with some of the other big boys as in Wincanton, Maritime, ND etc and the pay at Stobart is better.

As with everything else you got to work for it, but the money sure is there for the taking.

As to the floor boys, the last I heard they were on 130 basic a day plus 20 odd per load. Stobart seems to be the kind of company that will just answer the question when it comes to pay at the asking.

47k pa ,Makes you wonder why they need too advertise for bio - mass drivers :confused:

desypete:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

I get more than £9ph so cant b that silly.Also i dont get any hassel just left alone and i only have to phone the office once a week.The joys of the my job.desypete what job do you do.I have always wondered or do you hate it so much all lorry drivers are daft to you.

Thanks for all the info so far fellas, keep it coming soaking all the info up, any more detailed info would be gratefully received

Cheers

What are the pros and cons for working for stobart?

Brae:
What are the pros and cons for working for stobart?

Pros - it’s regular work,I’m struggling to be honest after that .
Cons - poor wages in my experience unless you do loads of hours ,nights ,silly o’clock starts ,over time etc
Every couple of years you’ll end up under threat of redundancy
You’ll be sent all over the place to work ,expected to use your own vehicle ( paid fuel but not covering the 100,s of miles per week your putting on your car ) .
Time after time being told this that will happen ,that will happen ,but just more broken promises
Given impossible deadlines ,arrive rsu 11.58,arrive dc 11.59,depart dc 12.00.
Sitting for hours staring at gates whilst t.o,planner ,customer services do nothing ,that’s if they can be bothered to reply to your phone call
Doing x3 the work a tesco driver does on the same work for half the pay .
Being expected to drive a hour and a half to a dcpc course / training day in your own vehicle ,not being paid fuel and paid 8 hrs even though in total you did a 12 hr shift
Being expected to drive through picket lines ( I refused and parked up round corner) but I know others who did ,then having managers ring you thinking your thick ,and telling you it’s not really a picket line but a peaceful protest .
Applying for holidays and having declined written on them ,asking for a sensible finish only to get another 15 hrs
these are all my experiences of the job after 8+ yrs ,a driver who at first had all the new drivers put with him as in there words WE WISH ALL th e drivers were like you ,no disciplinarians ,no accidents ,perfect record
But I’ve become totally demoralised with it all ,my heads gone .
N.b these are my honest experiences of the job ,my experiences ,not any one else’s ,I’d guess there’s hundreds,thousands of drivers who love it ,but I’ve got to be honest ,and that is my feelings and experiences of working for them
N.b and before any one says why do you work there ,I don’t know ,maybe I think the good days will return ,maybe I’ve been there to long ,better the devil you know ,God only knows

My Son’s friend is a Tramper on Biomass. He takes home between £700 to £750 a week, depending on the hours worked. He works longish hours (who doesn’t in Transport). He gets a basic plus % of the vehicles earnings. Some jobs are cleanish, others he gets filthy.

They are all diffrent depends on the depot you are based at.I get no hassel all week and if they ask me to work an extra shift a do.For a weeks work a get 650-700pw with all the bits and bobs average wage in transport for trampers.A do 60-65 hours a week but thinks most trampers at any company will do them sort of hours.

Thanks again guys much appreciated all info gratefully received, now just need to find a Biomass driver working out of Rugby to find out about the nitty gritty of the job from there.

Cheers all

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

I get more than £9ph so cant b that silly.Also i dont get any hassel just left alone and i only have to phone the office once a week.The joys of the my job.desypete what job do you do.I have always wondered or do you hate it so much all lorry drivers are daft to you.

no not all the drivers are daft, only the ones who got a cpc card are daft in my book

as for stobarts rates i have been around for 26 years so unless i have been living on planet x i avoided stobarts like a someone would avoid a women who has vd or genital warts. but there is always some idiot willing to have a go no matter what condition

i can only remember the lads at goole who once had a decent wage but that was changed with much protest as i remember once stobart do what they do best, get drivers to work for less money, i must admit they are a brillient company for the share holders