Any Stobart Biomass Drivers Out There?

Ok then so desypete i will gness your not driving trucks as you dont agree with the cpc.My cpc is fully paid by company so not fussed if a do it not costing me a penny.

dozy:

Brae:
What are the pros and cons for working for stobart?

Pros - it’s regular work,I’m struggling to be honest after that .
Cons - poor wages in my experience unless you do loads of hours ,nights ,silly o’clock starts ,over time etc
Every couple of years you’ll end up under threat of redundancy
You’ll be sent all over the place to work ,expected to use your own vehicle ( paid fuel but not covering the 100,s of miles per week your putting on your car ) .
Time after time being told this that will happen ,that will happen ,but just more broken promises
Given impossible deadlines ,arrive rsu 11.58,arrive dc 11.59,depart dc 12.00.
Sitting for hours staring at gates whilst t.o,planner ,customer services do nothing ,that’s if they can be bothered to reply to your phone call
Doing x3 the work a tesco driver does on the same work for half the pay .
Being expected to drive a hour and a half to a dcpc course / training day in your own vehicle ,not being paid fuel and paid 8 hrs even though in total you did a 12 hr shift
Being expected to drive through picket lines ( I refused and parked up round corner) but I know others who did ,then having managers ring you thinking your thick ,and telling you it’s not really a picket line but a peaceful protest .
Applying for holidays and having declined written on them ,asking for a sensible finish only to get another 15 hrs
these are all my experiences of the job after 8+ yrs ,a driver who at first had all the new drivers put with him as in there words WE WISH ALL th e drivers were like you ,no disciplinarians ,no accidents ,perfect record
But I’ve become totally demoralised with it all ,my heads gone .
N.b these are my honest experiences of the job ,my experiences ,not any one else’s ,I’d guess there’s hundreds,thousands of drivers who love it ,but I’ve got to be honest ,and that is my feelings and experiences of working for them
N.b and before any one says why do you work there ,I don’t know ,maybe I think the good days will return ,maybe I’ve been there to long ,better the devil you know ,God only knows

Jesus thats quite a list. i got the impression you was happy there. Are you at the tesco in widnes?

vikingpete:

dozy:

Brae:

Cons - poor wages in my experience unless you do loads of hours ,nights ,silly o’clock starts ,over time etc
You’ll be sent all over the place to work ,expected to use your own vehicle ( paid fuel but not covering the 100,s of miles per week your putting on your car ) .
Time after time being told this that will happen ,that will happen ,but just more broken promises
Sitting for hours staring at gates whilst t.o,planner ,customer services do nothing ,that’s if they can be bothered to reply to your phone call
Being expected to drive a hour and a half to a dcpc course / training day in your own vehicle ,not being paid fuel and paid 8 hrs even though in total you did a 12 hr shift
Being expected to drive through picket lines ( I refused and parked up round corner) but I know others who did ,then having managers ring you thinking your thick ,and telling you it’s not really a picket line but a peaceful protest .
Applying for holidays and having declined written on them ,asking for a sensible finish only to get another 15 hrs
these are all my experiences of the job after 8+ yrs ,a driver who at first had all the new drivers put with him as in there words WE WISH ALL th e drivers were like you ,no disciplinarians ,no accidents ,perfect record
N.b these are my honest experiences of the job ,my experiences ,not any one else’s ,I’d guess there’s hundreds,thousands of drivers who love it ,but I’ve got to be honest ,and that is my feelings and experiences of working for them
N.b and before any one says why do you work there ,I don’t know ,maybe I think the good days will return ,maybe I’ve been there to long ,better the devil you know ,God only knows

Jesus thats quite a list. i got the impression you was happy there. Are you at the tesco in widnes?

there is plenty of work out of widnes from 2 of stobarts outfits, tesco and there container yard so i guess that should speak for itself about pay and conditions working for stobarts. believe me if they were any good we would all be queuing up for a job with them. the wise owls in transport know better

Fair point desypete. Are they a good starting job for newcomers in the industry? They obviously look for newly qualified drivers.

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:
i wonder if anyone would actually admit to being a stobart driver ?

Oh dear going to talk crap again lets moan about stobart and there wages again boring.P.S I drive for stobart but not biomass.

now would i do a thing like that ?

if your happy working for a company that pays peanuts then who am i to judge you ? i wouldn’t dream of running stobarts down, they have nice uniforms for there staff, they have a good fleet of trucks for the morons to drive around looking like a green man from mars and there on 8 quid an hour or thereabouts,

what more could any decent driver want ?

I get more than £9ph so cant b that silly.Also i dont get any hassel just left alone and i only have to phone the office once a week.The joys of the my job.desypete what job do you do.I have always wondered or do you hate it so much all lorry drivers are daft to you.

He doesn’t drive anymore. He took a one man stance against the CPC.

vikingpete:
Fair point desypete. Are they a good starting job for newcomers in the industry? They obviously look for newly qualified drivers.

any job out there will do for a new guy to get experience

when i first started it was only the cowboy firms you would get a chance of starting in the game, real crap work, no night heaters in the cabs and nights out every night, so if you wanted the experience you had to put up with the crap but it did stand me in good stead and gave me a good grounding in the game.

stobarts would never of been offering new guys a job back then nor would any firm want to take the risk either, you had to have experience of at least 2 years. so i had to start from the ground up, sadly today the industry is a just a complete waste of time for experienced guys hence you will find a start to gain experience far easier than i did.

Radar19:

Colin_scottish:

[/quote]
it was hardly a one man stand, just because i gave up driving i didn’t create the shortage there is now although, i know it sure did help like so many others who stood up to be counted, its just a shame there are so many more people out there who didnt but what the hell there the smart ones right ?

desypete:

Radar19:

Colin_scottish:

it was hardly a one man stand, just because i gave up driving i didn’t create the shortage there is now although, i know it sure did help like so many others who stood up to be counted, its just a shame there are so many more people out there who didnt but what the hell there the smart ones right ?
[/quote]
So where has your principled stand got you now?, stacking shelves? street sweeper? or I suppose you’ve moved onto bigger and better things and you just like to come on here and call some of us mugs.I don’t work for Stobarts but I would if I needed to and I’ve been in this game 30 yrs,that’ll be 4 more than you and IIRC I had a night heater then :laughing:

GOG47:

desypete:

Radar19:

Colin_scottish:

So where has your principled stand got you now?, stacking shelves? street sweeper? or I suppose you’ve moved onto bigger and better things and you just like to come on here and call some of us mugs.I don’t work for Stobarts but I would if I needed to and I’ve been in this game 30 yrs,that’ll be 4 more than you and IIRC I had a night heater then :laughing:
[/quote]
where has it got me ?

out of the game feeling like i should of got out of the game 10 years ago, i loved the life of being a driver, the money was never really an issue when i first started and for many years later as i made good money, but then the changes started to happen, with all firms coming up with different ways to pay drivers, the moment they took away the overtime rate after 8 hours, and started to do away with sat / sun rates of time and half and double time, that was the time to get out but i hung on in there like so many are doing now

over the years the money was getting less not more, the conditions of work and treatments was getting silly, trackers, planners chasing you, health and safety regs going into overdrive and the driver getting all the flack for anything and everything

the cpc thing was the last straw for me, but i had time to plan my way forward when September deadline came, i remember all the drivers were mouthing off they to wouldnt be getting there cpc cards yet what did they do ?

its not my fault not enough of us stood our ground so that you guys could pick up a nice pay rise for being good little boys and getting your cards, as that is all you smart guys really thought about or was hopping would happen

if enough of the others drivers gave up then you guys would be able to cash in, i am glad in a way that it never happened as you guys would of got pay rises for doing nothing to try to get a better deal for drivers at all

If its not about the money, you sure do bang on about it a lot.

Hello, remember me…anyone with anymore info on the original post would be great to hear from you, still searching for a Stobart Biomass driver, ideally from the Rugby depot for some insider information. Many thanks

Cheers

Can you ask some questions about how bad stobart is please? That would be much more convenient.

So did i get this right.Doppypete does not derive anymore as his own protest against the dcpc.I get my cpc fully paid for also i get paid for being in the classroom.You must of had to pay like some companys want you to do and you said not and left would this be correct.If this is my correct ready of this you are a rocket.Now vikinpete reading your post you dont like stobarts at all.Did you want a job there failed the driving assesment and sent on your way im think yes.Stobarts aint that bad you get left alone to get on with it no hassels from anyone.

Colin_scottish:
So did i get this right.Doppypete does not derive anymore as his own protest against the dcpc.I get my cpc fully paid for also i get paid for being in the classroom.You must of had to pay like some companys want you to do and you said not and left would this be correct.If this is my correct ready of this you are a rocket.Now vikinpete reading your post you dont like stobarts at all.Did you want a job there failed the driving assesment and sent on your way im think yes.Stobarts aint that bad you get left alone to get on with it no hassels from anyone.

Incorrect. I have no issue with stobart. Just going with the trucknet forum rules. That thinking bit didn’t work out for you did it.

desypete:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Oh dear going to talk crap again lets moan about stobart and there wages again boring.P.S I drive for stobart but not biomass.

if your happy working for a company that pays peanuts then who am i to judge you ? i wouldn’t dream of running stobarts down, they have nice uniforms for there staff, they have a good fleet of trucks for the morons to drive around looking like a green man from mars and there on 8 quid an hour or thereabouts,

Not only are you a complete ■■■■■■■ bell end, but you’re a thick nob head who is wrong too.

You’re a dinosaur mate. Another of the dying breed so far up his own ■■■ that you think you know everything. But the fact is you’re not a truck driver now because you were scared of failing your CPC. You don’t belong on here any more, and I’ve not seen 1 single post from you where people haven’t laughed at you and ripped you for it. You’re an embarrassment and your own family probably hate you too.

^^^^^ Ouch,harsh–but fair :laughing: ^^^^

Classy[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Colin_scottish:

Maybe it’s a stobart thing v esl ,but this dcpc I had to travel from grantham- sherburn - grantham in my own car using my own fuel ,I then got paid for the time in classroom ( I think it was 8 hrs ) ,but wasn’t paid the travelling .
at times I wonder if I work for the same company as others on here

vikingpete:

dozy:

Brae:

No Pete quite the opposite , I hate it ,but maybe that’s just me ,as reading this thread I seem to be on my own , it just seems strange to me ,maybe it’s a work thing,depot ,esl v stobard thing ,boss,planner etc thing ,God only knows .
im starting to wonder if the stobard drivers on this thread other than me arnt drivers ,but recruitment consultants for stobards :confused: There doing a bloody good job ,if I didn’t know the sp ,I’d think 47 k ,not chased around ,nice little no would do me .

Phil1979:

desypete:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Not only are you a complete [zb] bell end, but you’re a thick nob head who is wrong too.

You’re a dinosaur mate. Another of the dying breed so far up his own ■■■ that you think you know everything. But the fact is you’re not a truck driver now because you were scared of failing your CPC. You don’t belong on here any more, and I’ve not seen 1 single post from you where people haven’t laughed at you and ripped you for it. You’re an embarrassment and your own family probably hate you too.

hmm i see my way of calling a spade a spade does seem to rattle a few numb-nuts on here.

i wonder exactly what i have said that has upset you so much ?

are you a class 2 moron who has not long past there test and thinks there a huge trucker now ?
are you a sat nav only type of driver ?
its clear your a cpc card wally who had no back bone or maybe you fancied letting other drivers refuse to get there card, so you could think that your so dam smart you would be in for some sort of windfall by being a driver who got there card ?

its not my fault your a monkey my friend who works for peanuts, thats up to you not me.

as for my family well why would you think my family dont love me ? just because i give it loads to drivers about how spineless they all are ? get real