Any renault premium drivers on here?

Hi looking for any opinions possibly getting a renuault premium in jan/feb with the auto box(?) am told its basicly a volvo ,but some how im thinking its not quiet up to I Shift standards
so wots the pros and cons ?, the last renualt i drove was a 6 wheeler ridged and that was a rust bucket !
and advice is welcome :laughing:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … lt+premium

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … lt+premium

Some starting points.

Ken.

Have a 450dci under a lohr transporter and i’m quite impressed. It’s the first auto i’ve had and has plenty of grunt on our type of work 38t max. Your right it’s a volvo underneath but that’s a good thing to me. the one thing i t took time to get use to was the total lack of gear stick , :astonished: it’s all on the steering coloum just twist and go :laughing:

We have 10 auto 450 dci’s where i work i cant fault them at all, rate the gearbox same as the volvo i shift.

:slight_smile:Excellent bit of kit a 100% improvement on the old motor. Apleasure to drive.

I’ve driven most autos and the Renault box is one of the best. No waiting for ages for it to take up drive and it changes gears properly. If you want it to hold gears longer, you plant your foot to the floor and it switches to power mode until you release it.