Any Jobs

I feel like my good nature is being taken advantage of recently maxing my hours and then going home with minimal rest. This wasn’t the job that was sold to me, So does anyone know of any decent firms to work for, within 20 miles of Spalding, ideally looking for something where your either out all week, own motor etc or home every night but only doing 12 ish hours a day on average with the odd 15 chucked in (not 3 a week, unless tramping).

Currently TAKING HOME between £450-570 WITHOUT night out money, would drop slightly for the right job.

Pm me if you don’t want to post on here.

Thanks in advance

hi were are you working cos that seems a good wage to me

Turners mate, money is good, works not too bad either, just getting the rough end at the minute and it’s getting me down. I’ve been home 3 nights this week and only seen my daughter and wife for a total of 5 hours and my son for 3. Would rather be away all week than traveling 30 mins each way and having minimum rest not seeing my family.

It’ll swing around again (I hope)

I am in the same boat. Maxed out as it has got busy just lately. I was also in the same boat as you where you feel your being taking the ■■■■ out off.

Lol was going to pm you about your place but won’t bother ha ha. I wouldn’t mind maxing out if I’m sleeping out, just hate going home with only 9 off.

Have to agree with Hoss, for a haulage type job, particularly in a rural area that does sound a decent take home, especially as nights out are on top.

I think the recruitment policy of ‘tell em what they want to hear’ is common, if they told the truth at interview about the hours involved no bugger would start.

General haulage has always been the same, they have to get as much work as they can out of the vehicles in order to stay in business, unless they have enough night work to make up the shortfall they have to get 12 to 15 hours out of a vehicle every day.

The board outside fowler welch is advertising for class 1 drivers.

Juddian:
Have to agree with Hoss, for a haulage type job, particularly in a rural area that does sound a decent take home, especially as nights out are on top.

I think the recruitment policy of ‘tell em what they want to hear’ is common, if they told the truth at interview about the hours involved no bugger would start.

General haulage has always been the same, they have to get as much work as they can out of the vehicles in order to stay in business, unless they have enough night work to make up the shortfall they have to get 12 to 15 hours out of a vehicle every day.

I appreciate that mate and if I’m being honest it’s just been a week and a half of being run ragged, like I said if I was nighting out I’d be more than happy to do the long days I just absolutely hate 9 off at base, it should be illegal!

Thetaff2:

Yeah I’d take a slight drop in wages not a jump off a cliff lmao.

Thanks anyway

Was thinking about applying at Knowles, don’t know what there like to work for (never heard anything bad that’s for sure) and it’s a little over the 20 miles but if it’s out all week it’s doable.

Give our place a whirl New Lad. It may be slightly more than 20 miles from you, but if you’re tramping all week it makes no odds. If you max your hours out you’ll be £200 better off (not including expenses) at ours. They also know that I won’t take a reduced break at base, so if they want me to reduce they tell me to park reasonably near but not come back.

Btw, were you in a 63 plate Merc at about 10am Monday morning stuck in traffic near Maple Cross on the M25?

hoss1960:

450 sounds about right 570 sounds excellent take home and thats without overnight,don’t :wink: mind the hours if the money is right.

sweeper1gg:

hoss1960:

450 sounds about right 570 sounds excellent take home and thats without overnight,don’t :wink: mind the hours if the money is right.

570 is for 6 days with top fuel bonus (which is easy)
450 is actually a little short it’s more like 470 now with the fuel bonus.

Like anywhere though you get paid by the day and they want a day! Even if it’s sat waiting for 4 hours, it’s still 4 hours you could be at home.

the maoster:
Give our place a whirl New Lad. It may be slightly more than 20 miles from you, but if you’re tramping all week it makes no odds. If you max your hours out you’ll be £200 better off (not including expenses) at ours. They also know that I won’t take a reduced break at base, so if they want me to reduce they tell me to park reasonably near but not come back.

Btw, were you in a 63 plate Merc at about 10am Monday morning stuck in traffic near Maple Cross on the M25?

No mate wasn’t me, we only got one 63 plate merc at our depot, mostly 62/13’s then shagged old dafs for locals.

Where you at?

Easton mate. Dingle dangles.

the maoster:
Easton mate. Dingle dangles.

I’ll look into it thanks.

Thetaff2:

Never knew you you could read Polski Taff ?

Youve had a bad week newlad thats all ,we all have um ,next week will be ok ,crack on :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You don’t by any chance drive a new merc actros do you?

the maoster:

I’ll have a job at your place for that coin pal!! Where ya work?

NewLad:
I feel like my good nature is being taken advantage of recently maxing my hours and then going home with minimal rest. This wasn’t the job that was sold to me, So does anyone know of any decent firms to work for, within 20 miles of Spalding, ideally looking for something where your either out all week, own motor etc or home every night but only doing 12 ish hours a day on average with the odd 15 chucked in (not 3 a week, unless tramping).

Currently TAKING HOME between £450-570 WITHOUT night out money, would drop slightly for the right job.

Pm me if you don’t want to post on here.

Thanks in advance

by NewLad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:44 pm - NOT EVEN A FORTNIGHT AGO

NewLad:

mac12:
But then they would pay by the hour, when they pay so much per week they want every hour they can get.

Then why would it be 12hrs when you can do 3x15 and 2/3x13.

It’s bull shine you do max hours on day rate! When it’s busy maybe you’ll get close, but since Christmas I haven’t done over 70 hours from clocking on to clocking off on a 6 day week, with loads of waiting time chucked in.

For my £130 on Saturday I did a grand total of 9 hours, 2 of which were on break!

by NewLad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:08 pm

NewLad:

waynedl:

NewLad:

mac12:
But then they would pay by the hour, when they pay so much per week they want every hour they can get.

Then why would it be 12hrs when you can do 3x15 and 2/3x13.

It’s bull shine you do max hours on day rate! When it’s busy maybe you’ll get close, but since Christmas I haven’t done over 70 hours from clocking on to clocking off on a 6 day week, with loads of waiting time chucked in.

For my £130 on Saturday I did a grand total of 9 hours, 2 of which were on break!

Your name says NewLad - you’ve been driving how long? Trust those of us who have been bitten, it happens more often in their favour than yours :unamused:

Only if you let it! Some idiots tip on break then moan that there working loads of hours for [zb] money, if your paid by the week just leave it on work apart from genuine breaks simple.

To answer your question 18 months.

EDIT- Anyway I’m one to talk, if you listen to the guff on this forum, I work for one of the worst payers in the UK lmfao!